Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

This just isn't right

(Assumes his best British Accent)

Now see here Devs, there's a bit of a problem with your box and banner artwork. On the banner I see a triumphant DVII buzzing past a smoking and apparently defeated (perish the thought) allied aircraft. Probably a recon flight. I suppose it happened now and then if you must know. Yet then again on your box cover art we find an Albatross behind a smoking, flaming Allied scout. Now look here lads, you've done a wonderful job with your flight sim and all. Top notch, really. But this bit about downing the Allied boys on every ad and box cover is a bit of rubbish. You know the other fellows got the bad end of a beating now and then too at least according to the papers. So lets chin up about the whole outcome thing and start showing both sides of the story. Right then. Off you go. Thank you.

Hellshade

Now see here Devs, there's a bit of a problem with your box and banner artwork. On the banner I see a triumphant DVII buzzing past a smoking and apparently defeated (perish the thought) allied aircraft. Probably a recon flight. I suppose it happened now and then if you must know. Yet then again on your box cover art we find an Albatross behind a smoking, flaming Allied scout. Now look here lads, you've done a wonderful job with your flight sim and all. Top notch, really. But this bit about downing the Allied boys on every ad and box cover is a bit of rubbish. You know the other fellows got the bad end of a beating now and then too at least according to the papers. So lets chin up about the whole outcome thing and start showing both sides of the story. Right then. Off you go. Thank you.

Hellshade

:good: Sor'id.

After all, we *did* win, eh wot? :biggrin: Treaty of Versailles and all that...

Hellshade

Vat eez der problemk den? Lookz good to mine eyez. Ja Wolh!!

After all, we *did* win, eh wot? :biggrin: Treaty of Versailles and all that...

Well that's the thing you see old chap, we did win the bally war, so it's only fair we toss the old hun a bit of a bone, what?!

Yoo no, vee von at orl frontz, ent zis iz vie vee stil doo nott undastent howe vee coutt hef losst zis vorr.

:dntknw:

:wink:

Ahem

Greetings,

Catfish

Since sims appeared, WW1 or WW2, I have again and again only seen Allied fighters shooting down German

craft burning and smoking. I found it really "refreshing" to see, it also happened the other way round.

Yoo no, vee von at orl frontz, ent zis iz vie vee stil doo nott undastent howe vee coutt hef losst zis vorr.

The ol' Catfish does have a strong point here. Perhaps the next cover art should feature German pilots sitting listlessly next to their aircraft, too weak to fly because of the blockade.

The loyal pilots of Der Kaiser are just doing a favour to all people who love beautifully painted aircraft by shooting down those ugly-coloured Entente abominations. Nothing ruins the view up in the sky like seeing an approaching flight of British aircraft in their dog's vomit colours. What can a man with an eye for esthetic values do but try shoot them down in that situation? :biggrin:

Good grief, Hasse Wind, what did you have for breakfast? Toast with slices of Good Taste,

a bowl of Style, and a cup of Patriotism? Now you may harvest a storm here - Lol!

And what is that new suit and helmet you're wearing? It is mid of July!

(Or do you fly in winter 1916 still?)

Good grief, Hasse Wind, what did you have for breakfast? Toast with slices of Good Taste,

a bowl of Style, and a cup of Patriotism? Now you may harvest a storm here - Lol!

Well, I now have all the proper equipment to weather that storm. Besides, it's cold up here on the North Sea coast, and as the boys of MFJ I can now fly rather safely through the storm clouds, it's best to dress warmly. (It's almost Christmas 1916 in my current career.) :wink:

... in their dog's vomit colours.

That lozenge fabric you fellows are so fond of looks more like puke than good earthy brown-green ever did.

Besides, if you missed your patchwork quilting that much you should have stayed at home sewing instead of bally well strolling univited through Belgium. :biggrin:

Besides, if you missed your patchwork quilting that much you should have stayed at home sewing instead of bally well strolling univited through Belgium. :biggrin:

The Great General Staff had received intelligence that the Belgian air force was going to adopt similar colours as the RFC, so the Kaiser (wearing his favourite pink Pickelhaube) decided in his infinite wisdom to take action. Sadly thousands of peaceful Germans had to abandon their quilting and mobilized in order to save European culture from this disgrace of horrible camouflage colours. :biggrin:

Edited by Hasse Wind

Oh my god - a war of bad jokes trodden loose (can one say that in English?)!

Were will it end? Perhaps the most killing joke will be the only one mentioned

in the treaty of Versailles?

BLACK-ADDER-IS-GREAT!

I will look once more, if I can get the whole series from Amazon.

And British humour is ONE good reason never to fight wars against them anymore -

so they have more time producing more of it.

On this field, a German can really learn many a lesson!

I will look once more, if I can get the whole series from Amazon.

It's where I got mine.

I have always regreted, when "Blackadder" was over, that Rowan Atkinson's humor reverted back to 'Mr. Bean' types instead of the dry sarcasms of Edmund.

Good point Hauksbee I am sure we will even it out at some point :)