Sign in to follow this  
Falcon Six Two

Need Help W/ Landing

Guys, I've gotten the hang of taxing, but now I need help landing. my main problem is the direction of the field. Whenever I approach the field I'm always a few degrees off. IDK how you guys achieve picture perfect landings......how do you do it? My main suspect are my rudders so I'll need to check that out....

The Key to learning how to land is developing a good traffic pattern. Once you have developed the skill of knowing where your at in the pattern, distance from runway, height, speed, etc...you can then enter the pattern at different locations correctly.

Here's a pic of a proper LEFT TRAFFIC pattern at a typical airport. All turns are left turns...the rest is all PRACTICE.

A good way to practice approaches is with the GPS. IF you look at the gps around a large airport you will see a bright green triangular shaped mark sticking out of the airport. If you go to the end of the green mark and start to fly down it, it will line you up with the runway. Once you get good at it, you will be able to do it without the GPS. Have fun!!

oh yeah, also be very subtle with your stick movements so you don't overcorrect.

most panels have the ILS that you can add in.

Find the approach course of the runway you are landing at. With the ILS entered your needle will let you know when you are on the flight path or left or right of center.

check out this tutorial

http://63.217.28.218/$files/1misc/ILSTUTORIAL.zip

It will also give you the distance.

But pattern work is the best, VFR with the Tower for 1/2 hour or so.

I usually phone ahead for a wrecker and an ambulance :lol:

Sorry, could't resist.

Falcon,

What type are you flying?

I finally found an aircraft that I can fly and land easily. I down loaded an OV-10A last weekend. You might want to try and find it. It lands slow, about 95-110 Kts with full flap and some power you can just hang.

The panel isn't complete,but there are panels at FSfreeware.

B)

I usually fly fighter aircraft, but am known to take up a few jumbos and props from time to time. That T-6 texan is one fast plane! Last night I remember taking her for a low-level cruise in Atlantic City. Fast as hell.....

Falcon,

What type are you flying?

I finally found an aircraft that I can fly and land easily. I down loaded an OV-10A last weekend. You might want to try and find it. It lands slow, about 95-110 Kts with full flap and some power you can just hang.

The panel isn't complete,but there are panels at FSfreeware.

B)

Where did you get the Bronco?

Where did you get the Bronco?

Falcon,go to AVSIM and search for " OV-10" four files should list.

Get the one with the Marine Corps markings as the Navy painted on doesn't show the panel.

Then get the Panel fix at the bottom of the list,you need this to fill in the blanks.

One more thing, it doesn't seem to have GPS, so it's really VFR. Or you might want to try my IFR nav. techniique, " I FOllow Roads". :lol:

If any one can get the Navy version to show the panel let me know how to do it.