Sign in to follow this  
Silverbolt

Taiwanese F-5 Missing

Taiwanese fighter plane disappears in the Strait of Formosa F-5F disappeared from radar shortly after take off from airbase

A fighter Taiwanese F-5F has disappeared in this Wednesday in the Straits of Formosa when performed a routine training flight, informed the Air Force of the island. Patrols made up of rescue ships and helicopters were sent to search the plane.

The F-5F disappeared from radar shortly after take off from the Chingchuankang air base in the central region of the island, while carrying out a bombing training on the narrow, says the Air Force reported in Taiwan.

At the time of disappearance, the plane flew at half way between Taiwan and China, according to television network ETTV Taiwan. Had not been found remains of the plane supposedly injured.

Source:EFE

oh s**t :/

Guest rscsjsuso5

if this is true i hope they find the pilot and if any plane parts , as a plaaf supporter we want peace and every chinese/taiwanese pilot/citizen counts .

is their a link to this story?

enjoy your sim guys.

Now now... I'm sure it went down from mechanical problems.

Last time there really was an incident was back in the days F-104s and MIG-19s were being used.

The F-5F isn't the newest plane in the stable, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was a mechanical fault. That said, you can't discount pilot error either.

Hmmm....

R.I.P

Found some parts...

Both pilots gone......

And a point,two pilot have same birthday...

Its too bad, I wonder if they bailed and were not found in time.

:salute:

poor pilots, i have a secret passion for the F-5, so sad the pilots gone in this awesome plane.