Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

Private Pilot's License

Post in both areas since some folks tend to miss the blogs... :blink:

Well, I don't have time for a full "blog" style write up at the moment, so I'll post here...

I am now a Private Pilot. :grin:

OOOHHHRRRAAAHHH Malibu!!! :clapping:

Way to go!! :drinks:

As a former flight instructor;I'll tell you what I told all my students.

A Private Pilots License is a license to learn. Don't let other people talk you into doing something stupid(buzzing,flat-hatting,flying in bad weather,etc. You will have some that will try.

It's your license and your life on the line,not theirs.

Congrats and heed ezlead's advice!:clapping::rofl::flyer:

Im not sure how this has gone since the last post, but I just wanted to give my congratulations! I was looking for a LONG time at trying to get my PL, but money is much more of a factor for me. Still, its heartening to hear, and see someone else do it. :)

Hope you are still flying!

Im not sure how this has gone since the last post, but I just wanted to give my congratulations! I was looking for a LONG time at trying to get my PL, but money is much more of a factor for me. Still, its heartening to hear, and see someone else do it. :)

Hope you are still flying!

Thanks! And, yes, I am still flying. Although a lot less frequently now ($$$). In fact, I'm still paying off my lessons. Worth every penny, though.

I actually sheduled some time with my instructor this weekend to learn how to fly a "Bay Tour". If you take a look at the airspace surrounding my home airport, KSQL, it's a little complicated with San Francisco, San Jose, and Oakland airports on all sides. I know how to get around it to the South, East, and West. But, if you want to head North to take a look at San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge, or anything else a friend or family member is going to expect to see when you tell them you'll take them up, you need to transition through San Francisco's bravo air space. Most of the time, they don't have a problem clearing little VFR, GA aircraft in, as long as you know what to ask for and what to expect. If you sound like you don't know what you're doing, or if they're (meaning KSFO controllers) busy, or if the weather's marginal, they just won't let you in at all.

This will be the first time I've flown with my instructor since I got my license, so it should be fun. I'm also really looking forward to learning more about all that airspace just to the North of KSQL that haven't yet dared to venture into yet!

Here is part of the KSFO terminal chart. You can see all the airspace I'm talking about.

KSFOTerminal.jpg

Edited by malibu43

Fascinating! I spent some time in the Marine base, Camp Pendleton (sp?) as well as Navy Point Magoo (sp?) I believe both of those are farther north, but are there any special considerations when entering military air space? Or is it just not allowed?

I know what you mean about the cash, it is quite expensive. Have you flown anything other then the 172?

Edited by OneoftheLost