Erik

New Forum Software - Error Reports

Please post your bug / issue reports in this thread.

KNOWN ISSUE - When viewing certain forum topics or discussion threads the board displays this symbol "�".

CAUSE: The boards previously used a character set that is obsolete by today's browser standards. To make our boards more accessible we have changed to the UTF8 character set. When the character set tries to display character types not understood by the UTF8 format it shows the � instead. Most common of these occurrences are punctuation marks, accents marks, and symbols.

FIX: There is no known conversion fix for this. Moderators and Editors are asked to "edit" posts that are popular or sticky to fix these issues. Opening the post in the editor and fixing the error with the correct punctuation, accents, or symbols and then saving the edited post will fix the view problems. All new posts will not be affected as they will be stored correctly when created.

:: RESOLVED ::

Have a small problem. I wanted to try out the LoFi outfit of the forum and now i find no way to reset the old HiFi style.

Have a small problem. I wanted to try out the LoFi outfit of the forum and now i find no way to reset the old HiFi style.

The same drop-down menu should appear at the bottom of the lo-fi page. You can change this back to IP Board, but it does not automatically reset to HI-FI. You must hit the GO button and it will reset.

Seems that gallery engine does not resize .gif pictures for the "recent images" preview on the main forum page.

I noticed the same thing this morning and had to wonder if maybe Erik visited the template and changed it.

Unapproved for now. I'll go check some settings

I tried creating a gallery/album, but it wouldn't allow me to do so. So rush, figured I'd report it :smile:

Verified. Will report back.

I tried creating a gallery/album, but it wouldn't allow me to do so. So rush, figured I'd report it :smile:

RESOLVED

When I'm viewing subforums (not threads or index page) I get this on top o' me pages

"Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/vhosts/combatace.com/subdomains/forum/httpdocs/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_4/skin_forum.php on line 605"

Also the font size for those pages is screwed. Looks about twice the normal size.

Skin - CA Original

getting the same error code and font issue as GRV

wrench

kevin stein

It appears it's happening in the CA_Original Skin Set. It does not appear in a couple others I checked so it's definately a skin related issue.

I've got some debugging set as well so errors will print to screen for some other stuff I'm working on which is why the error appeared. Thanks for the report, always helpful.

E

Not realy an error but the inner forum has larger letters than the normal "Forum", it has lost the overview, looks like zoomed in.

>> RESOLVED <<

I am getting a similar error using the CA - USAF skin.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/vhosts/combatace.com/subdomains/forum/httpdocs/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_11/skin_forum.php on line 605

Also, a niggly little thing on my mini-laptop, but nowhere else, possibly a wide screen issue.

I have to scroll to the right on forum pages to hit the "Go" button to return to the forum.

Works just fine on my normal 4:3 aspect ratio systems, but this mini (Acer Aspire one) is

my mail surfin' macheen!

>> RESOLVED <<

Warning: sprintf() [function.sprintf]: Too few arguments in /var/www/vhosts/combatace.com/subdomains/forum/httpdocs/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_4/skin_portal.php on line 121

i am getting this too.

Can you verify this is resolved? Thanks.

E

Guest rscsjsuso5

fixed thanks erik

Just a screen shot of the error I get when creating a new gallery (to update my earlier post).

galleryerror.jpg

I'll have to look into this. It appears to be a permissions issue. I'll advise.

Thanks.

I checked the permissions on the categories and they are correct. After looking at your image above I believe I spotted the problem.

Under "Category" you have selected "Member Gallery" which needs to be "Member's Albums". The "Member Gallery" is for images only and the "Member's Albums" is for albums only. Weird I know but it's the way Gallery works. The good news is there is a major over-haul in progress for the Gallery which is highly anticipated even by us. Let me know if that fixes the album creation problem.

E

Flogger23 his geting this wend he trys to acess the forum

his on windows 7 and IE8 wat should he do to get in?

Cocas

Edited by cocas

I'm having similar problems.

I can access the forums just fine.

I can navigate through the download categories OK, but when I click on a specific download to view the details I get a very similar string of text.

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /var/www/vhosts/combatace.com/httpdocs/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_26/skin_downloads.php on line 1075

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /var/www/vhosts/combatace.com/httpdocs/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_26/skin_downloads.php on line 1297

Fatal error: Call to undefined method skin_downloads_26::quickReplyBox() in /var/www/vhosts/combatace.com/httpdocs/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_26/skin_downloads.php on line 1309

This is using either Firefox 3.6 or Internet Explorer 8 on Vista 32.

Edited by davokingy

yes its the same flogger23 can get to forum just not the donwloads

sorry i was not clear before