Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

Hellshade's Air Combat Video thread

I'm starting a single thread that I just post any videos I make in. I'm certainly not the best pilot playing Over Flanders Fields but I hope you enjoy some of the amazing action and white knuckle flying made possible by the wizards at OBD.

Squadron of Albatross DIIIs vs me in a Sopwith Tripe on a lone wolf patrol

Pair of single gun Sopwith Tripes vs 3 Alb DIIIs from Jasta 27

Edited by Hellshade

Nice one, Hellshade. Out-doing Bob Little you were there... excepting the two guns, of course. :grin:

The Albatros: soon to be an endangered species. [nice double kill there at the end!]

Second film is also a very good one. Somewhere near the middle of the fight, when you dove on an Albatros, it looked like you were about to climb in the cockpit with the guy.

Nice one, Hellshade. Out-doing Bob Little you were there... excepting the two guns, of course. grin.gif

Whoa!

From an RNAS affectionado like Dej or myself, that's about the best compliment that can be given.

For those of you unfamiliar with what he meant by "out-Little-ing Little", have a read of this...

An outstanding effort Hellshade. clapping.gif

Thanks for the vids. Maybe others can post their vids here too.

I don't have Fraps, nor am I good enough to post my vids here, but there are two others that come to mind... the "Boelcke's Dicta" vid that someone posted to YouTube, and maybe Homeboy's training vid on wingovers or Hammerheads and the Immelman turn, both excellent viewing too.

Edited by Check Six

Great vids Hellshade, if you get the special embedded links for me from youtube for all your vids, I'll add em to the user videos on our website if you like.

Cheers

Pol

Is vid 1 a QC or campaign?Cause i wonder why all 4 Alb you shot down use the same ´Konstantin Krefft´skin?

Is vid 1 a QC or campaign?Cause i wonder why all 4 Alb you shot down use the same ´Konstantin Krefft´skin?

Yes, it was a Quick Combat demo. I should have picked a squadron skin for the enemy flight.

Hellshade

Really enjoyed viewing your videos. Thanks for sharing :)

Superb action vids sir! :good::clapping:

Thanks for the compliments guys. I am working on creating more combat videos, but I am trying to find ways to improve the quality of the movies first. As good as the action is, I don't feel the videos do justice to the game because so many of the smaller details are lost when I convert the raw fraps footage into a wmv file. You don't get to see the finer details of the aircraft, some of the damage modeling effects or the beautiful scenery. I'm not able to convert them in Windows Movie Maker using 720 HD format, probably because I only have Vista Home Basic 64 bit Edition. Does anyone know if there is a way to add in better codecs so I can covert the fraps raw footage into 720 HD format?

Hellshade