Sign in to follow this  
eraser_tr

Repeat of last year?

Holy s**t, its like Dale Browns Chain of Command. Whats next? Tu-95s overfly Ukraine and they intercept them? Then Russia Nukes Ukraine and they pull out to Turkey?

Ukraine officials are getting out of their skin to show how nationalist they are. Funny, but even people who live there find that ridiculous. I heard that some of them are laughing their arses off when they hear new Ukrainian dubbing in cinemas.

Not to mention official "reform" of the language to eliminate all traces of vocabulary similarities with Russian, wiping Russian events from history books (here we still start the history of Russia with Kiev and the regions are pretty closely tied together) and Russian language from the country. :lol:

I've told Gorbatchev to don't solve ussr, but he didn't hear me...damn payoff :no: Richilieu would be proud now.

look whatta messe up situation.

but really...Ukraine is selling itself, they're are dive in a sea of debt with IMF, etc e etc....bad administration i say, somehow it seems a populist behave for me.

Edited by Silverbolt

I doubt there will be any conflict now, but things will only worsen until 2017, and might become really really tense there.

Ukraine made an horrendous mistake when she renounced nukes back in the 90's. They are now at Russia's mercy as western Europeans are cowards and the US won't fight for them, at least not as long as the Messiah is in power.

I won't be surprised if the same "Osset" tactic is used:

- Give out a lot of convenience Russian Passports to Crimea and/or Eastern Ukraine (ie Russian speaking part). So, technically, most people there would be "russians".

- Wait patiently for the situation to be quite hot (let's say in 2017): inevitably, some incident will take place and "russian citizens" will be killed/molested.

- State you will protect your citizens, inside your borders or outside.

- Invade.

Rince,

Repeat operation a few years later in Baltic States...

Edited by Emp_Palpatine

Amazing how life immitates fiction isn't it? How many games have been based on this premise? The original ghost recon aws about russia invading georgia over south ossetia, the original USNF from janes with russia invading ukraine over the crimea and ATF had the russians going after the baltic states too.

Sorry, but once again these countries prove just how concerned they are with the sizes of their political pricks as opposed to what is actually best for their people.

It might be difficult to understand when one's country is united without much ethnic/religious/language "brothers" living on foreign soil; or when one's integrity/independence isn't threatened by a neighbour, but countries experiencing such tensions are also concerned for their peoples IMHO.

I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but for such a country, fulfilling the nation's unity or integrity, reunitating with lost fellow countrymen or getting back an historical cradle is being concerned about what's best for the people.

Even if I think Russia is the most agressive there, regarding International Law and other principles, I do understand her motives.

Ukraine saw the first russian states with the Kiev Rus. It was a craddle, like Kossovo for Serbia, so things are higly emotionnal and symbolic. And identity issues, symbols, history and emotions are indeed part of what's important for a people.

And indeed, Ukraine also has the right to be independent, and nobody gunned the russian speaking ukrainians to vote yes to independence when they did so.

Edited by Emp_Palpatine

The most tension is caused by that old and bloody stupid whim to give Russian Crimea to Ukraine Republic as a present. In my group at the university there was a girl who, when asked where she was from, always said "I'm from Crimea... but I'm NOT Ukrainian!". You could almost see smoke popping out of her nostrils...

• Like 1

But they must all beware the insidious LAtViaN maFIa!!!!111!!!!!