Sign in to follow this  
carrick58

oldest pilot

Well, I guess I am finally doing it right. Pep pe la Pew ESC 3 N-11 BeBe s 20.7 hours No Kills No Claims but flyable.Salute.gif

Well done! The next major step is 50 hours. I've never crossed that line yet myself, though I've been pretty close a couple of times. It gets harder and harder to make your pilot live long as the war progresses and there's more action everywhere. The summer and fall of 1918 are pure madness, particularly in the northern and central sectors of the front where the major offensives are taking place beginning with Operation Michael in March. :salute:

Hi Carrick thats some going.

My best average is about 16 hours before i go rushing in to my doom.......

so keep up the good work.

Edited by Red-Dog

Well done, Carrick!

The next step may be not the 50 hours, but your first own kill.

My best pilot so far had 16,8 hours - almost the average 17!

But he also had 16 kills.

Well done, Carrick!

The next step may be not the 50 hours, but your first own kill.

My best pilot so far had 16,8 hours - almost the average 17!

But he also had 16 kills.

50 hours ? yikes.gif I gotta work harder! Every pilot that I had get kills, they got killed. Pep pe la pew had to land in farmer fields 2 times just to get this far, althought he did get a few hits in on a E-3 ( Empited the drum) 4 hits I think. heat.gif The other pilot Alvin York (10.8) in N- 17s in RFC 40 sgn has 4 kills ( 2 balloons and 2 Albatross D-2s) He seems to be doomed The D-3 V strutter s just showed up at the front. lol.gif

Well, I guess I am finally doing it right. Pep pe la Pew ESC 3 N-11 BeBe s 20.7 hours No Kills No Claims but flyable.Salute.gif

congrats carrick, that's the attitude which is most realistic and how they behaved in real (besides frank luke, but i think he thought it's BHAH and that he can easily create a new pilot). you treat him like a living beeing without ever ever ever having a second chance and this is how it should be. if you treat him like that, you'll experience this sim as close to realism as it can be. it's not easy to have this attitude because it's a sim, otherwise you should take after you get killed a gun and kill yourself. but at least trying the best you can to treat him like having only ONE life, without any aids, is what i'm trying and what i'm admiring. pilots with 100 hours with 1 kill will get by far more admiration from me than pilots with 5 hours and 30 kills, because i know in real they never would act like this.

even the best (real) ww1 aces had maybe a 20-30 hours per kill ratio because their task was first to come back, then to have a kill. you won't see anywhere a real ww1 ace with 20 kills in 10 hours or something like that.

very good job and keep this attitude :salute:

my best so far had almost 190 hours with 16 confirmed and 2 unconfirmed kills.

Good job carrick!

Hope I get that 17 hr mark soon too

Best so far is 12.75 hrs

Good luck on hitting 50

It gets harder and harder to make your pilot live long as the war progresses and there's more action everywhere. The summer and fall of 1918 are pure madness, particularly in the northern and central sectors of the front where the major offensives are taking place...

Now I know why I'm getting clobbered so much!

Pretty much describes my combat era/region lol.gif

I enclosed a pic of my personal best yet (in hours). Alas poor Otto! I knew him well!

post-51904-12518995485545_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fliegenhund