Sign in to follow this  
AGOSTINO

The Official Agostino Q & A Thread

Er...have you ever actually seen a AGM-114L and a Brimstone side by side? The airframes are basically identical. I should know...I researched and built both models for the TW series.

FC

Yep, what he said. There is a way to make smoke be user controlled, but then the AI wouldn't use it or use it at inappropriate times. In the end, I figured the best way was to have it on all the time..otherwise, why fly an airshow bird?

FC

No to both questions, it says in the read me to answer the first question, that u have to go in the T-38 ini and change the cockpit ini to the rear cockpit if u want to ride in back. As for the smoke, even when u land, it still stays, so no, u cant turn it on or off during flight, sorry. Reread the readme's and it will tell u the same things I just did.

Yep, what he said. There is a way to make smoke be user controlled, but then the AI wouldn't use it or use it at inappropriate times. In the end, I figured the best way was to have it on all the time..otherwise, why fly an airshow bird?

FC

Thanks much!!! :good:

I'm pretty sure that you need either a laser targeting pod on the aircraft, or fly an a/c that's equipped with a built in designator.

It's better to use the Brimstone or Maverick: the AGM-114 is not designed for use on fast moving aircrafts, only helicopters. Its frame is not build for the aerodynamical loads occuring when mounted and fired on and from a jet, AFAIK.

Uhu

Er...have you ever actually seen a AGM-114L and a Brimstone side by side? The airframes are basically identical. I should know...I researched and built both models for the TW series.

FC

Thank you very much!!! :good:

RF----Recon mission

F-----Air combat mission.

Thank you very much!!!! :clapping:

The L is fire and forget. That means it can't be laser guided.

AGM-114L Longbow Hellfire

* Target: All armored threats

* Range: 8,000 m (8,749 yd)

* Guidance:

o Fire and forget

o Capability in adverse weather and battlefield obscurants

o Inertial guidance

o Millimeter wave radar seeker

o Home-on-jam anti-radiation mode

* Warhead: 9 kg (20 lb) tandem shaped charge high explosive anti-tank (HEAT)

* Length: 176 cm (69.2 in)

* Weight: 49 kg (108 lb)

Edited by zmatt

Can I add the fourth gun to the Voodoo F-101C, i.e. for F-101A Voodoo?? :dntknw:

I suppose you could, but it would not be accurate.

There is a LOD in the download that has the fourth gun. Not to correct you Don, but some had all 4 guns, some didn't. In fact most pilots didnt know if they were flying an A or a C.

There is a LOD in the download that has the fourth gun. Not to correct you Don, but some had all 4 guns, some didn't. In fact most pilots didnt know if they were flying an A or a C.

Any plane with TACAN would not have had the 4th gun, IIRC.

Very true but not all got a TACAN. (TACAN was use primarily in Europe.) Some didnt get the TACAN after leaving Bergstrom AFB for England. So as a general rule, (I think it was 2 ship formation) one had to fly with a TACAN. But you are correct, if it had a TACAN, it only had 3 guns.

I have downloaded and installed the "SF_2_Mig_21M", when I go into the cockpit, I see this:

img00001thumb.png

What is this?? Is the periscope??

In the readme file is written:

"I was not able to remove periscope from inside the cockpit, if someone could , do it please.

Because some Mig-21M were sometime “retrofitted” with periscope and blast plates, I included in the pack a dedicated “retrofitted” data.ini. You have only to change it with the stock one.

In this way the plane is identical in shape to Mig-21MF."

Yes, that's the rear-view periscope. The later '21 varients required that, as they sported a dorsal 'spine", that was as tall as the canopy, and restricted the pilot's vision to the rear. That was, IMO, an elegant solution to the rearward visibility problem.

Very true but not all got a TACAN. (TACAN was use primarily in Europe.) Some didnt get the TACAN after leaving Bergstrom AFB for England. So as a general rule, (I think it was 2 ship formation) one had to fly with a TACAN. But you are correct, if it had a TACAN, it only had 3 guns.

Thank you!!! :good:

I have downloaded and installed the "AV_8Bplus_SF2", in the zip file, there are two tanks to install:

(1) AV8_Tank300

(2) AV8_Tank300R

I have put them both in the weapons folder, or simply put only the "AV8_Tank300"??

As can I solve this:

img00002.png

The tank is not docked exactly!!!

Yes, that's the rear-view periscope. The later '21 varients required that, as they sported a dorsal 'spine", that was as tall as the canopy, and restricted the pilot's vision to the rear. That was, IMO, an elegant solution to the rearward visibility problem.

1) Is possible to remove the rear-view periscope, from inside the cockpit?? :blink:

2) What is, and which is the "retrofitted"?? :dntknw:

Dude, seriously, fly the jet, dont worry about the pylon, there are alot of aircraft in the downloads that look like that, just fly it and enjoy it.

Go into the AV-8Bplus_Data.INI and edit the Attachment Points of the Pylons in the "Z" Axis.

I've seen bigger gaps between Madonna's two front teeth!

Also, instead of using png for the images, can you PLEASE!!! convert them to jpg??? Those load a LOT faster!

thank you! :biggrin:

wrench

kevin stein

Go into the AV-8Bplus_Data.INI and edit the Attachment Points of the Pylons in the "Z" Axis.

Problem solved!!! :good: Thanks much infinitely!!! :clapping:

Change the values as below:

(This is for AV-8B-da - AV-8Bplus - HarrierGR7)

[LeftWingStation2] 0.60 >>>> 0.52

[RightWingStation2] 0.60 >>>> 0.52

[RightWingStation1] 0.53 >>>> 0.46

[LeftWingStation1] 0.53 >>>> 0.46

No sound when shooting with the 27MM_BK27 of the GripenSF2 and EF_2000!! :blink:

1) I have put the Bk27.wav in the Sounds folder.

2) I have put the 27MM_BK27 folder in the Guns folder

This is the 27MM_BK27_data.ini:

[GunData001]

TypeName=27MM_BK27

FullName=Mauser BK 27

Caliber=27.000000

ROF=1700.000000

MuzzleVel=1025.000000

AmmoWt=0.260000

WarheadWt=0.000000

Reliability=100.000000

Accuracy=100.000000

AddLight=TRUE

MaxLightRange=1200.000000

FireColor=0.400000,0.320000,0.240000

GunFireEffect=30mmFireEffect

GunFireSound=bk27

EffectClassName=30mmEffects

EffectTime=0.100000

TracerTexture=Tracer.tga

TracerSize=0.200000

TracerDistFactor=0.002000

TracerLength=0.018000

MaxVisibleDist=4000.000000

MaxStreakVisibleDist=1000.000000

TimeFuzed=FALSE

Some suggestions as regards?? :dntknw:

Edited by AGOSTINO

You need to add the appropriate entries to the soundlist.ini, and then save it in your flight folder.

You need to add the appropriate entries to the soundlist.ini, and then save it in your flight folder.

What I have to add exactly in the my soundlist.ini?? :dntknw::blink:

Just copy the existing format for one of the existing gun sound entries, and rename the two new entries the same as the gun sound.