Sign in to follow this  
OvS

Aye! The Pride of Pakistan!

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/fighter-jets-Taliban-military-parade/photo//091013/photos_wl_sa_afp/efa061a637d2ff518ece0838959eb110//s:/ap/20091013/ap_on_re_as/as_pakistan

I just read an article on Yahoo.com that Pakistan carried out an airstrike against Taliban militants on the border of Afghanistan....

Just what the hell do they use for planes? Mig-23's? What are these? They look kinda like F-105 Thundercheifs left over from Viet Nam. Pardon my ignorance on old Russian made fighter jets.

Then again, against the Taliban, you could strafe with Fokker D.VII's they're so far in the stone age.

OvS

Yup those are A-5C/Q-5III Fantans soon to be replaced by JF-17s and supplemented by brand new F-16C/D Blk 52s.

"Then again, against the Taliban, you could strafe with Fokker D.VII's they're so far in the stone age."

with Stingers...............

Looks like Q-5 Fantans.

I looked it up. It looks a lot like a Thunderchief.. and it's Chinese! They're really placing a lot of faith in their airplanes.

Edited by OvS

Then again, against the Taliban, you could strafe with Fokker D.VII's they're so far in the stone age.

OVS

Tell that to our troops they have killed. I think they might disagree with you there.

And deep inside that design is based on Soviet MiG-19 Farmer... The Chinese did a lot with Farmers, they even were the only ones who modded them into two-seaters.

the chinese have done with the old mig-19 what the rest of the worlds done with the mig-21s..... upgrade the hell outta them

It's really just a MiG-19 with a new nose forward of the wing leading edge.

Their twin-engined MiG-21 with a new nose was a far greater feat of engineering. That's the J-8II I think?

It's really just a MiG-19 with a new nose forward of the wing leading edge.

Their twin-engined MiG-21 with a new nose was a far greater feat of engineering. That's the J-8II I think?

I think you are right.

nothing wrong with any of that stuff. Good equipment and will definitely put weapons on target, against a pretty deadly enemy that also has Stingers.

OVS

Tell that to our troops they have killed. I think they might disagree with you there.

Well, I guess we can break-off topic...

Since Korea, we simply can't fight our enemies they way we should. My father (Korea), my uncles (Nam), my cousins (Gulf War) have all fought in respective wars of their time, and they will all tell you that. Even now, my Brother-in-Law's cousin, who's in Iraq and was in the Battle of Falluja says the same thing.

We have to drop a bomb, on a target, in a small area, without any collateral damage, or sustain minimal civilian deaths/damage during a massive Sunday market, while not disturbing prayer sessions, school, the bus route... etc.. etc.. etc.. Everyone dresses the same, so you don't know who the enemy even is... they steal your uniform and wear it against you, then shoot at you from behind children and women... how do you compete with this??

You don't win wars this way. If we fought it our way, the right way as we did once before and won, the Taliban would have been exterminated a long time ago, and Al Quieda would be nothing more than a Boy Scout club.

And you know I am right... MOAB anyone? Block-busters... carpet bombing??? More than 200K troops? We can't do those things because it's not fair to the civilians... ??? But I guess flying planes into unsuspecting civilian targets is.

Having 150K troops in an area that is as big as half the East Coast of the USA, covered in mountainous terrain, and being shot at from all sides is not a way to win this war. Watching our guys get slaughtered because they were equipped with Humvees that had cheap armor on them, watching our guys get strung out on a limb because we don't have enough troops to support them. Using excuses like 'we're a leaner, meaner and faster Army than ever before, is just that, an excuse to avoid a mass invasion as it should have been from day 1. This enemy is your friend during the day, taking your hand-out from the back of the truck... then at night is out there wiring-up the IED you get killed by the next day.

Stingers?? The least of our problems.. Obama is now flopping like a fish on a row-boat and has NO sign of any male genitalia between his legs... so it won't get any better unfortunately. He's sending what, 13K troops of mostly back-office, admin, medical, and supply staff??

All we are doing there is establishing a presence, and beating back the bad-guys now and then... we certainly are not rooting them out, or defeating them. The people of these respective foreign countries do not want us there, and want the Taliban as part of their government... they don't want American(Western) influence, products, or ideology. They live in a way that we will never understand as we left that behind in the Dark Ages. So we're trying to win a war by changing the way a populous thinks about the world, literally overnight, meanwhile they haven't changed in 1000's of years. You don't win political wars.

Since 9-11, my flag has not come off my house, and at night has a spotlight shining on it, until the boys come home.

Sorry to go off like this, but my family has fought for the USA (or Italy in WWI) in every war since WWI, and all I can say is that every relative that comes back from each war gets more and more bitter about fighting them. As my cousin put it in the Gulf... we weren't there to win, we were there to flex some muscle and get in a little practice on live targets. My cousin Reddin Barefoot was an Army Cobra pilot, poping tanks across the desert in Kuwait. He said it was a joke.

OvS

While I agree with what you said. My family came to this country before the civil war and and fought in ever war since. Some from the recent conflicts have said the same thing. My point was never underestimate your enemy. That was based on your stone age comment.

While I agree with what you said. My family came to this country before the civil war and and fought in ever war since. Some from the recent conflicts have said the same thing. My point was never underestimate your enemy. That was based on your stone age comment.

that's a great historic and a sun-tzu said ,it can't be ignored, or you'll screw yourself.

It's not their tech or combat ways that are Stone Age, it's their culture...or what they claim as their culture. The fact that they seem to think they can win and get the world to be THEIR way even though almost no one wants that...

Believe me Dave, I agree with you and while I am not underestimating the enemy, I am certainly frustrated with our approach to finishing wars lately. Sure we go in, guns a blazing, kick serious butt... then we go on the 'world peace' tour of occupation, over-stay our welcome, become entrenched in local politics, and on and on.

I don't think the US soldier needs to fear his enemy more than he needs to feel his government that is faltering to support him, not with modern weapons, but with sheer man-power and the unabated 'go-ahead' to pound the piss out of them.

But we shall see how the Messiah handles this one... somehow I don't think 13K of support troops will help a squad 50 miles out in the hot zone, all alone.

I hear the Dems have him up for the CMoH... for all the flak and bullets he took after winning the Nobel Peace Prize.

OvS

surely thats q-5,its also available at combatace.