Sign in to follow this  
depalmer

Christmas will be here soon

My wife will be asking soon what I want for Christmas. Well I could tell her the new add on pack for OFF Between Heaven and Hell. She will say "I like to watch you fly the two wingers." Where do I get it and don't you dare buy it before Christmas yourself." Yes Dear I say. Dreaming of Sugarplums and Nieuport 28's and Pfalz D12's and Nieport 23's and Pfalz DIII's (Not D3a's)etc.

Problem I can't point her at a add-on pack yet. I know we have gotten hints of 1) EV / D VIII 2) Nieuport N28 3)Nieuport 24 / 27. Will there be something I can point her to for a pre-order. Could we get something more solid? How much what will be in it? Spouses need a Christmas list$$$$.

OFF add-on pack? Is there an OFF add-on pack out there or coming soon?

itifonhom

My wife will be asking soon what I want for Christmas. Well I could tell her the new add on pack for OFF Between Heaven and Hell. She will say "I like to watch you fly the two wingers." Where do I get it and don't you dare buy it before Christmas yourself." Yes Dear I say. Dreaming of Sugarplums and Nieuport 28's and Pfalz D12's and Nieport 23's and Pfalz DIII's (Not D3a's)etc.

Problem I can't point her at a add-on pack yet. I know we have gotten hints of 1) EV / D VIII 2) Nieuport N28 3)Nieuport 24 / 27. Will there be something I can point her to for a pre-order. Could we get something more solid? How much what will be in it? Spouses need a Christmas list$$$$.

We will announce the addon content quite soon now - hang in there.

WM

"We will announce the addon content quite soon now - hang in there."

So there is an add-on? Payware? Soon? Download?

I am hoping for TrackIR, Freetrack is too slow for this game.

itifonhom

Edited by itifonhom

"We will announce the addon content quite soon now - hang in there."

So there is an add-on? Payware? Soon? Download?

I am hoping for TrackIR, Freetrack is too slow for this game.

itifonhom

Yes it will be the first of a series of Payware addons.... we believe we will be the first in having addons to an 'addon' :-)

WM

'

Oh the excitement, the anticipation of it all!

WM, about being the first with an add-on to an add-on. I'm afraid not. The US government has been doing that for quite some time with our tax system. :biggrin:

Cheers!

Lou

"The US government has been doing that for quite some time with our tax system. "

And I'm afraid that the development of that system is not yet over, so another addon will come soon for sure!! :-)

Serious though, can't wait to hear the detailed news! It's getting better and better!

itifonhom

"The US government has been doing that for quite some time with our tax system. "

And I'm afraid that the development of that system is not yet over, so another addon will come soon for sure!! :-)

Serious though, can't wait to hear the detailed news! It's getting better and better!

itifonhom

and it will DEFINITELY be payware!

Not sure how many 'patches' or how good the 'tech (medical) support' will be though... blink.gif

A new Monitor... A Sopwith Snipe.... and some German's to shoot at...and Christmas will be complete! :salute:

Not being subjected to US tax system, this is just speculation on my part, but shouldn't that be "Pay-through-the-nose-ware"??

Oh...for Christmas???? Something oft-talked about but NEVER given as a gift...

a partridge in a pear tree

Edited by Check Six

".......and some German's to shoot at...and Christmas will be complete!"

Don't be silly, until Christmass the war will be over!!! ;-)

itifonhom

"Quite soon now". Yes, I look everyday. I am so glad that there is a level of support from all sides to keep making this wonderful game/sim a growing and improving endeavor. OFF for LIFE! :clapping:

Tell my wife about this my AS...umm close cousin to a horse...that has short ears and a shorter tail.

If she can't see it or smell it on my breath she's not going to find out about it...from me. If it can be snuck in without leaving a trail seriously don't let her know. Tell her to get you that nice 22 inch monitor or a new video card you'll need. And before you go feeling guilty do you REALLY think she hasn't gotten something for herself without you noticing? If you did notice don't say anything to her so you have a defense in case she somehow manages to find out you got something.

This pay for patch is going to be a download isn't it?

If she can't see it or smell it on my breath she's not going to find out about it...from me.

Words of wisdom there, sir Salute.gif .

This pay for patch is going to be a download isn't it?

I wouldn't call it a "pay-for patch". While I'm sure it will address various reported issues with the existing game, it's main purpose will be to introduce new content. So it's definitely going to be more of an expansion than a patch, and as such deserves to be paid for. The game development fairy doens't just leave new stuff under our pillows, you know.

We will announce the addon content quite soon now - hang in there.

WM

Great news Winder!

Glad you made it payware

Maybe there'll be a new engine under the Christmas Tree

If not this Christmas, then next

Cheers,

So, forgive my impatience but, is it "soon" already? I want to hear the details!!! :-)

itifonhom

I'm all for the expac whenever its released-- I've had tons of enjoyment already. What I'd really like is a leather flying helmet and goggles WWI aviator stylee (something other than a baseball cap for my TrackIR clip). That and no one in my household calling the Boys In White to haul me off to Bedlam. grin.gif

And if he can't manage that in time for Christmas, ask Santa for (a) TIR 5.0B software (free!) and (b) 24" monitor (under 200 quid now). Then who cares what's on the telly at Christmas!

Sorry if I came across negatively about the "pay for patch", that was not my intent. I am quite happy paying for this upcoming release. I have been pleased with the product and will continue to support their efforts financially. I just hope I don't have to do the delivery man dance with a CD to keep my Torquemada-wanna-be wife unaware when a download is something more discrete.

Yeap, I agree, download would be better although that will bring the need of a re-downlaoding policy. In general I prefer to see things on my self but explaining about a new package to my wife is kind of ...... hmm let's say, uncomfortable! ;-)

itifonhom

I don't have to do the delivery man dance with a CD to keep my Torquemada-wanna-be wife unaware when a download is something more discrete.

Have it shipped to your office. Just do the FedEx man a favor and put the name of the business in the address, because most offices don't have their street numbers in plain sight....

Bullethead,

I work deep within the bowels of non-profit hospital (which most are) as a financial analyst. Our mail system here is so FUBAR I’d give anything mailed to me a 20% of actually reaching me.

I recently sent a purchase order to a vendor in which the dates on the contract were wrong. The vendor asked me if I would like for him to send me another P.O. with the correct date on it. Here was my response to him which sums up our mail and bureaucracy accurately.

“Please process the P.O. we sent for the new delivery date.

Seriously, the invoice has to hit three mail boxes before it even gets to me. I

then have to turn it over to the PFS secretary who gets it to the PFS director.

It's then given back to the secretary who puts it in inter-office mail which is

placed in the care of someone NOT under the age of 80, who while well

meaning...may not get it to where it really needs to go. If it does make it

where it needs to go it still has to hit two mailboxes before it gets back to

me. The person that hands me the P.O. (my manager) is more than likely the

person that I have to give the P.O. right back to after I open the manila

envelope. After that my manager has to give it to her director who then has to

send it to purchasing, via interoffice mail (again in the hands of someone not under 80)

or he walks it over, to be processed and mailed to you. For it to have made to you gives

strong credence that there must indeed be a God.

So please, process the P.O. you received with the new delivery date.”

Otherwise it’s a great idea. Lord knows if I could actually get any mail here I'd have a nice gaming rig, a couple more houses and families to put in them...

Uwe