Sign in to follow this  
Dave

NATO Fighters Part 1 (Main Folder)

NATO Fighters Part 1 (Main Folder)

NATO Fighters 4 Plus for SF2:E Jun 2009 patch only.

Read the readme or suffer the consequences of infinite clowning.

This mod is dedicated to bpao, whose contributions to this mod are far and wide and would of been sorely lacking without his support.

We miss you my friend.

I would imagine it's everything not in the Aircraft and Objects parts of the NF4+ downloads.

FC

laugh.gif I meant in the whole Nato 4 mod in general. List of aircraft maybe? rolleyes.gif

(nevermind, I found the Search button)

Edited by RichardG

I know this is for SF2 E: June2009 patch only, but...

Has anyone installed it on Dec2009 update?

What are your results?

• Like 1

...and what if you have the new collection pack w/ everything merged?

no different than if you had installed each one, one by one.

But the NATO 4+ pack does have some issues with some of the aircraft than need to be worked, one by one and discussed in The Knowledge Base.

I've just downloaded all the parts, my machine is telling me that the "main" and "fixpack" file is either unknown format or damaged. I'm using WinRar. The objects and aircraft ones open up just fine.

Nightshift,

Try download them again and use 7zip http://www.7-zip.org/ to unpack. They should work

Nightshift,

Try download them again and use 7zip http://www.7-zip.org/ to unpack. They should work

Worked with the fixpack, but still no joy with the main.

edit: going to try downloading from server 2, will post results

Edited by Nightshift82

Just downloaded it myself from server 1. unpacking now.

Just downloaded it myself from server 1. unpacking now.

Server 2 worked for me. Don't know why the server 1 file was giving me a tude. Thanks for the help!

Hi everybody,

I purchased all 4 "Strike Fighters 2" sims last week. I then found the NATO 4+ mod here, the minute I saw it... had to install it. It's beautiful for sure. I've only flown a couple aircraft so far and found one graphics error. The Tornado GR1B cockpit is messed-up. I get one cockpit image over another. All other Tornados are fine. I spent all day yesterday (on and off) trying to find the NATO 4+ error/bug forum with no luck. Is there one? Sorry if this is in the wrong area but it's been driving me crazy trying to find the correct forum.

This happens to be my first post, so I'm new here but not to flight sims. I played IL-2: Sturmovik series, LOMAC, Falcon 4, Wings Over Vietnam and Warbirds. Been playing "DCS:Blackshark" off and on. It all started with my Commodore 128 back in college, lol (showing my age).

Thanks,

Mast

Hi everybody,

I purchased all 4 "Strike Fighters 2" sims last week. I then found the NATO 4+ mod here, the minute I saw it... had to install it. It's beautiful for sure. I've only flown a couple aircraft so far and found one graphics error. The Tornado GR1B cockpit is messed-up. I get one cockpit image over another. All other Tornados are fine. I spent all day yesterday (on and off) trying to find the NATO 4+ error/bug forum with no luck. Is there one? Sorry if this is in the wrong area but it's been driving me crazy trying to find the correct forum.

This happens to be my first post, so I'm new here but not to flight sims. I played IL-2: Sturmovik series, LOMAC, Falcon 4, Wings Over Vietnam and Warbirds. Been playing "DCS:Blackshark" off and on. It all started with my Commodore 128 back in college, lol (showing my age).

Thanks,

Mast

First did you install this in SF2: Europe? What are your system settings because the pit is fine? No there isn't a bug forum. Reporting it here is the place to do it.

Hi USAFMTL,

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I installed NF4+ in SF2 Europe folder? It strange, the other Tornado cockpits are fine. My computer is fairly new (AMD Phenom II X4 955 processor 3.20 GHz with 8 GB of RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4890 video card) with Windows 7 Pro 64, so that should'nt be the problem. My in game screen resolution is 1920x1200 wide screen 16:10 (Samsung 24" widescreen monitor) for all SF2 sims. Should I install the NF4+ patch? The readme says I shouldn't (Dec 2009 update).

Hi USAFMTL,

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I installed NF4+ in SF2 Europe folder? It strange, the other Tornado cockpits are fine. My computer is fairly new (AMD Phenom II X4 955 processor 3.20 GHz with 8 GB of RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4890 video card) with Windows 7 Pro 64, so that should'nt be the problem. My in game screen resolution is 1920x1200 wide screen 16:10 (Samsung 24" widescreen monitor) for all SF2 sims. Should I install the NF4+ patch? The readme says I shouldn't (Dec 2009 update).

If your current SF2:E patch is Dec 2009 and there will be problems. If you brought this before it was patched, then I recommend using this with the Jun 2009 patch only.

Ah... ok, that explains it. Since I bought this last week from Third Wire's website, it comes already patched to Dec 2009. I should be happy that's the only aircraft with a messed up cockpit (so far). smile.gif

Ok,

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about.

img00003j.th.jpg

So far, it's the only aircraft that's doing this.

Mast

The cockpit positioning is off. In the cockpit.ini there is a section called cockpitseat or something close to that. There is a set of numbers for it's position. The center number you need to adjust by either adding or substracting by 0.5 at a time. It will take you some time to mess with but eventually you will get the right number and the pit will be correct. Make sense?

Hello!

Who build the Sukhoi 25 in the fourth install pack? I'm asking because I've converted the Su-25 into a plane usable for first gen games and incidentally created its correct gun (a 30mm GSh-30-2) but need to know the contributors for licensing purposes as I want to upload it here. The associated readme does not list the contributions by individuals.

Greets, Uhu

Hi Everyone. I have the Dec2009 version of SF2E, I tried to install the June 2009b patch but all I get is a dialog box stateing SF2E is allready updated and I can't continue any ferther.

How do I install Nato Fighters4+ Without this patch?dntknw.gif

Thank you!

Skip the patching step and proceed with the rest of the NF4 installation.

FC

Thanks FC. I'll do that. And thanks for your fast replie.Salute.gif