Sign in to follow this  
Av8er

Phase Four

Hi everyone I ordered phase three about three weeks ago and it arived about a week ago now. The game is great! I know it is not a good thing but I have been shot down by Oswald Boelcke and Max Immelmann while flying in RNAS-1 when they were in FA 62. Other times I have shot them down. (my pilot dies a lot) Anyways while surfing the discussion boards for I noticed a lot of talk about this new addon with the DH-5, Nieuports. The thing about having your own unique paint scheme sounds great. Is this addon for phase three? People were talking about P4 (I think that means Phase four) and I was wondering if i just wasted my forty dollers on phase three if four is coming out soon.

Thanks,

Av8er

Hi everyone I ordered phase three about three weeks ago and it arived about a week ago now. The game is great! I know it is not a good thing but I have been shot down by Oswald Boelcke and Max Immelmann while flying in RNAS-1 when they were in FA 62. Other times I have shot them down. (my pilot dies a lot) Anyways while surfing the discussion boards for I noticed a lot of talk about this new addon with the DH-5, Nieuports. The thing about having your own unique paint scheme sounds great. Is this addon for phase three? People were talking about P4 (I think that means Phase four) and I was wondering if i just wasted my forty dollers on phase three if four is coming out soon.

Thanks,

Av8er

Nope, no waste of money, but it was money well spent. We're all waiting for the final announcement regarding the addon. Enjoy BHaH in all of its splendor. The addon will only make it better and it to will be money well spent.

plug_nickel (Al)

Av8er,

Welcome aboard. I don't believe you have wasted your $40. I believe P4 is still a bit in the future. It seems the developers are working on the add-on packs for P3. From what I gather, the first pack will include a lot of the "missing" fighters from P3. Check the add-on thread for details. They seem to be also working on a second add-on pack for P3, but I'm not certain of what it's content will be. Sorry I can't be more helpful, but the developers like to play their cards close to their chests. Not that I blame them.

Velvet

I don't think you need to worry for some time about Phase 4. The add-on is for P3 otherwise known as Between Heaven and Hell. I have no idea when we might see P4 and for most of us it might seems silly to think it would be soon. The devs are far from money grubbers. I doubt they would release P4 hot on th heels of any add-on. If P4 was imminent they would have any add-on material in P4. I'm talking out my ass but I would think we will see another add-on or two after this one before we see P4. Soon might be 2 years, some think soon is two weeks. Don't worry you will get your money's worth many times over if you love the feeling of being a pilot in WWI. And welcome to OFF and the OFF forum.

the developers like to play their cards close to their chests. Not that I blame them.

Velvet

So close we don't even know what they are. Not to worry, P4 is eons away. We are still beavering away on the upcoming add-on - haven't had time to think about what might be down the road.

Cheers,

shredward

good.gif U didnt waste any money. the add ons will just make the game more detailed and fun. This forum is a good hangout place when ya take a break from playing OFF.drinks.gif

Alright thanks for the information, It is nice to know that I didn't wast money. This Krauts VS Crumpets thing that is going on right now Is it on or offline? Speaking of online how do I join online dogfights? it will not let me make an acount.

What would be interesting is that if Phase 4 were actually the result of addons to Phase 3 starting with the first addon pack due out soon. If no new engine is found to replace the CFS3 one, then couldnt the upgrade to P4 be an extremely gradual one through addons here and there but still based off of P3? At least that's one way to never let Phase 3 get obsolete and to quell people's fears that they'd "only" get a few years service time from P3 :)

What would be interesting is that if Phase 4 were actually the result of addons to Phase 3 starting with the first addon pack due out soon. If no new engine is found to replace the CFS3 one, then couldnt the upgrade to P4 be an extremely gradual one through addons here and there but still based off of P3? At least that's one way to never let Phase 3 get obsolete and to quell people's fears that they'd "only" get a few years service time from P3 :)

Guys P4 is a long way off - yes it is being worked on.

We plan to have a few payware addons to P3 and the upcoming Addon #1 (no name yet) is the first of them.

The addons will see additional craft, squads, Aces, skins (even additional skins for existing craft) and new features, tweaks and improvements as we go with the focus being to fill gaps in existing squads that have missing craft.

So P3 is very far from being replaced with a "P4"

HTH

WM

Alright thanks for the information, It is nice to know that I didn't wast money. This Krauts VS Crumpets thing that is going on right now Is it on or offline? Speaking of online how do I join online dogfights? it will not let me make an acount.

Check out the MP section of the OFF forum..you will find your answers there

Guys P4 is a long way off - yes it is being worked on.

We plan to have a few payware addons to P3 and the upcoming Addon #1 (no name yet) is the first of them.

The addons will see additional craft, squads, Aces, skins (even additional skins for existing craft) and new features, tweaks and improvements as we go with the focus being to fill gaps in existing squads that have missing craft.

So P3 is very far from being replaced with a "P4"

HTH

WM

There you go Av8r! You can't get much closer to the source than that for info!

CJ

You know what a paradox is?

Wasting money on OFF is a paradox.

Actually Olham, "wasting money on OFF" is an oxymoron, sort of like "military intelligence". :biggrin:

Welcome to the OFF virtual skies Av8er!

Cheers!

Lou

WM

Oooh, the addon gets its own name... How about just calling it Phase 4; that will throw them all for a loop! :grin:

Deselect that box that says publish my game in cfs3somethingorother.....and you wont get the account promt..

put up a post in the mp section of what days/times are good for you , and someone will be glad to help you out.

for sure, read the sticky in the mp forum,,,spells out what you need to have to host/join mp.

i have a session planned for wed at 730edt....and might try and get on teamspeak tonight to help out grumpybear....so if either of those times are good for you, let me know

Welcome aboard Av8er! New guy buys the drinks drinks.gif .

There's no moeny EVER wasted on OBD products. All the OBD guys work day jobs and only make WW1 flightsim goodness in their spare time. That's a nice way of saying that the more money we throw at them, the more stuff we'll get in the future. Few sales = end of development.

But note that despite this, OBD has given away a huge amount of stuff since BHaH came out early this year. Sure, it had problems that they've fixed, but most "patches" have actually added new features and content, especially the 1.32 superpatch. I'd have paid for all the stuff in that one. So, consider your investment in OBD products safe. No matter when you plunk down your money, you'll end up with a lot more than you paid for over time.

RAF_Louvert: Actually Olham, "wasting money on OFF" is an oxymoron, sort of like "military intelligence".

That's what I wanted to say - sometimes I'm lacking the advanced vocabulary. :grin: