Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eject

F-16 Block 10 or 15

Guest Eject

I have browsed the DL Section, for Skins and Flyable Planes.

Yet, I could not find Skin for the TNI-AU F-16 Falcon, not so sure which Block; Block 10 or 15?

Can anyone here guide me where I can find such plane/skin, perhaps in other Webs?

Thanks for your replies. See you all later.

I have one in progress

TNI-AU vipers are block 15 OCU (operational capability upgrade)

Externally, only a few differences from basic block 15 birds (one visible one being the gun muzzle like the -C models)

Two schemes have been seen on Indonesian birds, but documentation is rather sparse

I'm not sure, quite honestly. All the documentation on it reads as "just" and F-16A, and there's only 1 skin with it. I posted a couple of shots of it in the screenshots thread.

Looks like TW Viper from WOI in Nightshade screenies, so no such extended drag chute housing as in BAF Block 15OCU Viper. It is on the latter two-tone camo (our AF started to use it from 2000).

@Sony: which camo are you using for the skin? if its the latter camo, then I have some walkaround pics from local flight magazines if you're interested..

I sure am interrested

In fact, I'd like to do both schemes, so any documentation is most welcome

I just checked mine... It looks like a home grown F-16A

Guest Eject

Looks like TW Viper from WOI in Nightshade screenies, so no such extended drag chute housing as in BAF Block 15OCU Viper. It is on the latter two-tone camo (our AF started to use it from 2000).

@Sony: which camo are you using for the skin? if its the latter camo, then I have some walkaround pics from local flight magazines if you're interested..

Hi NewGuy,

May I ask please, are you Indonesian too as I am? Which mag were u referring to? MAJALAH ANGKASA by the Gramedia KOMPAS Group?

It has been some two months now since I emailed the Webmaster of our TNI-AU Homepage/Web. No reply at all!! Typical Indonesians, sorry to say it;s a fact, sad one tho. I suspect the one tasked with sort of HUMAS or Pyblic Rels are or is a low rank member of the TNI-AU who just follow order, lacking self-propelled initiatives (but not the case for most our fighters at TNI-AUm the are real supermen to be able to sustain so much Gs).

Do not get me wrong. I have been very familiar with AURI/TNI-AU, has had many froends among the young, mid- even some 3-star generals among them. My late dad was the founder of a small flying club so many years ago.

I am not amused with said Homepage, even the MAJALAH ANGKASA, webmasters or those tasked with human rels who do not seem to be capapble of conducting efective, responsive communicarions, My few questions gone unanswered!

BTW, for those others who have kindly enlightened me re said F-16 Falcon TNI-AU, my sincere gratitude. I shall try c it at, what?, skunkwork himepage??

Hi Eject, nice to see another Indonesian here. Greetings Sir!

Yes, the magazine refers to Angkasa by Gramedia Group. Usually I sent a lot of critic to them since the senior editor and the head of the company is my lecturer in university--guess you know who he is ;).

I've understand the complicated situation in our armed forces (since my great grandfather was the high commander for Sumatera in Revolution era, and my father's friend is currently an AU colonel who always in constant headache regarding the assets readiness).

About the F-16, you can try browsing SFP1 A-Team Skunkworks site (http://www.cplengineeringllc.com/SFP1/). But you need to create an account first in order to the site to let you in and get the downloads. For realism though, I'd personally use TMF Block 15OCU BAF Viper.

@Sony: decal sets from Scale Nutz IIRC seems to be a good starting point for the earlier camo. Let me see what I can find about the documentary on the Viper's camo. Oh, and there is one more special color that I just remembered: blue-yellow scheme from the Elang Biru aerobatic team.

Edited by New Guy

Guest Eject

Hi Eject, nice to see another Indonesian here. Greetings Sir!

Yes, the magazine refers to Angkasa by Gramedia Group. Usually I sent a lot of critic to them since the senior editor and the head of the company is my lecturer in university--guess you know who he is ;).

I've understand the complicated situation in our armed forces (since my great grandfather was the high commander for Sumatera in Revolution era, and my father's friend is currently an AU colonel who always in constant headache regarding the assets readiness).

About the F-16, you can try browsing SFP1 A-Team Skunkworks site (http://www.cplengineeringllc.com/SFP1/). But you need to create an account first in order to the site to let you in and get the downloads. For realism though, I'd personally use TMF Block 15OCU BAF Viper.

@Sony: decal sets from Scale Nutz IIRC seems to be a good starting point for the earlier camo. Let me see what I can find about the documentary on the Viper's camo. Oh, and there is one more special color that I just remembered: blue-yellow scheme from the Elang Biru aerobatic team.

Hi NyuGai, 10-2? In Jakarta as well the Kota Garong?

SkunkWorks, Capun guy I guess? I visited the Site sometime back, been away for quite a long time no see it anymore man. Just read the various threads, seemed to me that man Capun spoke, I mean wrote, a bit on the "hard side", u know what I mean. LESS cool, unlike Dave here who is indeed Mister Cool.....

Yeah, perhaps I shall register there later. NyuGuy, sedikit dulu koreksi. Terutama di Amrik, dosen itu disebut professor. Jadi, my Professor....gitu... ya wis (ya udah) slamet mabur alias terbang virtual lagi.

Dave, I just used his and my mother's tongue. Hope others do not mind. C ya all later

Edited by Eject

don't hesitate, send me any kind of docuemntation, references you might help

I started work, but need way more info to do something valuable

Dave, I just used his and my mother's tongue. Hope others do not mind. C ya all later

Not a problem around here my friend. We are an international site. We like everyone but Canadians........ that last part was a joke! :lol:

Still searching for the magazine in my stash... f-16.net doesn't give much detailed pic of the jet.

@Eject: iya pak, di Jakarta juga. Makasih koreksinya tentang dosen, hehehe (there goes my native tongue)

Very sorry for the wait. RL issues :stars: . I'll try to get the scans ready this weekend...