Sign in to follow this  
DukeIronHand

Historical AI question...

I've asked this question, in different formats, in a couple other threads but I guess the Devs don't like my aftershave - or I am not understanding the answer if it is being given.

Olham gave an answer in one but - I think - he was just guessing. If you weren't old chap I apologize.

When I fire up a campaign mission after 1916, using the Historical AI setting, there is a "random call" made by the OFF Manager that determines which AI will be used - either pre-HitR AI ("Agressive") or the HitR AI.

My question: Is it a 50/50 chance for either AI?

Does the chance for either vary by the month or year (1917 or 1918)?

maybe they overlooked your post,

maybe they don't know for sure,

maybe they won't tell because it would kill immersion. at least i wouldn't like to know when what percentage of which AI it would be. would be the same like telling keywords or other hints how to write claimreports.

why don't simply taking it as it comes? just don't forget to run BHAH again after every mission or every now and then.

We won't say but 1915 obviously much more chance to be less aggressive.. 1916 on the other way round. Otherwise if it was 50/50 then it would be exactly the same in both - and also be called "random" instead of historical :grin:

We won't say but 1915 obviously much more chance to be less aggressive.. 1916 on the other way round. Otherwise if it was 50/50 then it would be exactly the same in both - and also be called "random" instead of historical :grin:

Well, the word "random" was used in the patch release notes.

But I get it now - thanks.

Well, the word "random" was used in the patch release notes.

But I get it now - thanks.

Yes its a bit confusing I know.

Its random in that there is a die roll involved but the bias of the die roll is historical based on year thus:

In 1914 - 1915 it there is no die roll - the less aggressive AI is used exclusively.

From 1916 onwards there is a die roll with the bias for Aggressive AI increasing over the years til armistice....

Historical mode is simply a way to spice up the AI (so the player sees varying opposition) in a way that is fairly realistic with the constrains of the period that the player is flying in.

If we add a random mode (we probably wont) it would be a 50 50 die roll from 1914 to armistace.

HTH

WM

To even increase the confusion: shouldn't it be "dice roll" - I can't find "die roll" in my vocabulary??? :blink:

Anyway - I like the idea of mixing the two. :good:

Well, I wouldn't, if I hadn't played Dungeons & Dragons and Call of Cthulhu. :grin:

You never get too old to learn - thank you, guys! Didn't know the singular. :good:

Yes its a bit confusing I know.

Its random in that there is a die roll involved but the bias of the die roll is historical based on year thus:

In 1914 - 1915 it there is no die roll - the less aggressive AI is used exclusively.

From 1916 onwards there is a die roll with the bias for Aggressive AI increasing over the years til armistice....

Historical mode is simply a way to spice up the AI (so the player sees varying opposition) in a way that is fairly realistic with the constrains of the period that the player is flying in.

If we add a random mode (we probably wont) it would be a 50 50 die roll from 1914 to armistace.

HTH

WM

Thanks Winder - exactly the answer I was looking for.

Aye the release notes said "this option will also add a little randomness" actually but now you have all the details no surprises in 1915.

Aye the release notes said "this option will also add a little randomness" actually but now you have all the details no surprises in 1915.

As of right this moment I like the HitR AI as it flies and fights just fine for me but, after more campaign flying, I may want to go "Historical".

I just wanted to know that it wasn't pulled out of someones arse and there is a logic to it.

The HitR AI makes for "realistic" feeling encounters so far in QC but I have not tried it in a campaign yet.

LOL, Ok just for the record, nothing is ever pulled out of someone's arse in OFF all is worked, researched, or carefully considered.

OK maybe a Christmas Cracker, but nothing else.