Sign in to follow this  

For my France vs UK campaigns i try to mod a british Jaguar GR.1 into a french Jaguar A. Does the Jaguar A had also the upper wing IR missile rails like the british Jaguars? I have tried to find photos, but never saw french Jaguars with this rails.

No, as far as i know, the upper rails where an option for the export market wich was eventually given to RAF aircraft for the 1990-91 War on Kuwait. The French Air Force ones carried a single Matra Magic IRM in an outer, underwing pilon, while carrying a ECM pod on the opposite station and a laser designator in the belly, in example

Yep we've never used this configuration. As far as I know, our Jag's rarely carried air to air missiles in peacefully times, but they did during the Gulf War. (as macelena said)

Didn't the Jag A have a different nose to the GR.1?

Didn't the Jag A have a different nose to the GR.1?

Yes they did, but I guess Gerpard wants to make a "fake" Jag A until the release of the MF's one.

Used the french Jaguars the metric system in the HUD or were all data displayed in knots and feet?

I don't really know, I just noticed that the stencils in the cockpits were still in english.

AFAIK except for the Swedes, the whole West uses knots, feet , feet/sec etc.dntknw.gif

Hou doe,

Derk

Yep we've never used this configuration. As far as I know, our Jag's rarely carried air to air missiles in peacefully times, but they did during the Gulf War. (as macelena said)

Hum !! Il y a des exceptions... :bye:

There are some exceptions...

jaguar-002.JPEG

Hum !! Il y a des exceptions... :bye:

There are some exceptions...

En fait je parlais des missiles fixés sur les extrados comme sur les Jag anglais :grin:

En fait je parlais des missiles fixés sur les extrados comme sur les Jag anglais :grin:

Alors on est d'accord ! :good: