Sign in to follow this  
Rambler 1-1

January?

It hit 5 degrees Celsius here last evening. I took advantage of it by taking my motorbike for a midwinter's ride, because it was forecasted to drop back to -2 and -3 today.

You can imagine, then, my shock when i woke up and looked outside to see this:

post-28461-12636726199987.jpg

HOLY CR@P! HOW LONG DID I SLEEP FOR? It usually doesn't hit double digits 'till mid- march up here! This is CANADA! We're supposed to be freezing our butts of, buried in snow, and be happy about it. What's going on?

after a check of the interwebs, I concluded that it was indeed still just January 16. I don't know if this is a record or anything, and I don't know if there's warmer-then-normal temperatures all over the place or just here. Anyway, I thought I'd just point that out before I go for a nice long, mid-January motorcycle excursion. :tongue:

You're finally getting a little of that Global Warming that Al Gore has been forecasting for years now.

Down here in the lower 48 it is still CHILLY!

I recall one week in mid-February of 1976, where we had a decent snow fall (about 12 inches/.3 meters) occur on a Sunday...the temps were just below freezing that night. By Wednesday, all the snow was gone, and the high temp for the day had reached 19 C.

yesterday and i'm sure today people got to the beach here in Israel... it was hot outside!

Reckon we've had your Canadian Snow here in Blighty!.....worst snow for 50 yrs

Global warming ha all the Screaming liberals all took private Jets for a conference in Australia...

it topped out at 15 degrees today, but there was a killer lapse rate. I went up a good, twisty road not 2000 feet above my home altitude, and there was ice and snow abound at a mere +1. I had to turn back before my fingers froze!

and I'm just dreading all the BS that I'm sure is inbound about how this is due to global warming because of all the pollution that Canada apparently makes...

Widowmaker, I hope you're enjoying it, 'cause we want it back! :wink:

Rambler...you're very welcome to it!...lol