Sign in to follow this  
Winston DoRight

Winston's Saturday MP sessions

Announcing Winston's Saturday Multiplayer Sessions! Our motto: "No Pilot left behind." ALL skill levels welcomed. Beginners will get the help they need to get started. Intermediate pilots can increase their skills. Advanced pilots can mentor the others and we'll all have great fun as well. Are you frustrated with the quality and abilities of your AI wingmen? Nothing is better than flying with a human player at your side.

We'll be starting early here in the USA to accommodate the european pilots. If you've always wanted to give multiplayer a try, here's your chance.It's really rather easy to get started. If I can do it, anyone can!

Things you'll need:

* Over Flanders Fields Phase 3 with the "Hat in the Ring" expansion and the latest patch.

* A headset with microphone.

* Teamspeak installed: http://teamspeak.com/?page=downloads Teamspeak setup instructions here: http://drop.io/nngaxed

* Teamspeak overlay (optional but recommended): http://www.projecttint.com/teamspeakoverlay.php

* MadMatt's essential multiplayer files: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=9131

* Stumpjumper's Strutters (get the download links on the teamspeak server in the Over Flanders Fields briefing room).

* 1917 in-game Grid map: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=10489

If you've not connected in multiplayer lately, one test session with myself, Sitting Duck, or Vasco to see if you have Teamspeak working and all the OFF files needed to connect. Just PM one of us to set it up or drop by Teamspeak and see if someone is there. This needs to be done only once but before your first Saturday to ensure that you are properly sorted out beforehand.

Sitting duck has a great multiplayer tutorial here, worth reading: http://forum.combatace.com/topic/38466-sitting-ducks-multiplayer-tutorial-please-read/

It's really rather easy to get started. If I can do it, anyone can!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

* Sessions will be held each Saturday and start on 30 Jan at 10am USA Pacific Time. That's early evening in western europe. I'll be logged on for about 6-7 hours so if you can't make the start, don't worry. Come in when you want. Here's a time converter to your local time: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

* It's not required that you attend every Saturday. Fly when you can, we'll make every effort to be here for you. The more time you put into it, the more you'll improve your skills.

* Only co-op missions will be flown, air to air and air to ground. No Player vs. Player dogfighting.

* "No Pilot left behind." We will focus on getting you up and running with attention to developing the skills you'll need to be successful in multiplayer such as flying in formation, protecting your wingman, re-grouping after an encounter and teamwork.

* Focusing on "Beginner" to "Intermediate" skill levels, but all skill levels welcomed. You Veteran and Elite pilots can be a great resource. Come and help the new guys develop their skills.

* All aids will be enabled (TAC, labels and external views). You can turn off what you don't want. As we progress through the weeks, you may want to try turning off and on labels and external views from time to time. This will help you prepare for Vasco's Sunday sessions (if/when you want to graduate up to that) that are flown with no labels or external views.

* At first we'll be flying campaign missions with RNAS-6 in Nieuport-17 BIS. You'll face enemy of varying skill levels and perhaps even an Ace flight from time to time.

* Learn how the multiplayer interface works and host your own games.

Looks like a lot of fun Winston! I am really hoping to get back into OFF MP once i can get back to regular work and into a place with a stable internet conection.

For those people interested in getting into MP but hesitant about getting started. This looks like the place to be.

GL gents!

Guest British_eh

Hi there:

Many thanks for the invite. I look forwrd to flying online again, once we get our lower floor house renovation's done. As usual it started out as a small project, and well $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I look to join your group around the 2nd week of February, when I get my PC put together and back into my office. The start time is what will allow me to join you.

Cheers,

British_eh

What is that Duck? 6 am our time I believe?

Works for me, I can fly before everyone gets out of bed.

That's right he's west coast. he's behind. Duh!

Boy I feel like a Homer Simpson grin.gif

That's correct. 10am here (left coast) is 1pm on the east side and 6pm in western europe. I plan on being online for about 6-7 hours so if you can't make the start come on in later if you want. I may also need some help from someone in the east states if we get players from europe.

Vasco had problems with lag when I was hosting a test session, so if I could hand off my prepared missions to someone closer to them and have them be the host, it might cut down on the lag. My internet connection is fast on the download, but a bit slow on the upload so that's probably what causes the lag when trying to go over the pond. If not I'll be happy to host and we'll just trust that the jitters don't scare away the new guys.

It also seems that bad jitters affect your ability to hit the enemy a/c. I had this happen a few times when playing with you guys months ago, but couldn't understand the reason. My guns, even though I was seeing the bullets seem to hit, did not register hits. This was very noticeable for Vasco the other day and is a product of the jitters when at it's worst.

I'll be online during the day starting Tuesday 26 Jan if anyone wants to fly or test a few converted missions I have made.

Boy I feel like a Homer Simpson grin.gif

Don't be silly!

Where could you find one of those at this time of night?

Vasco :pilotfly:

:pilot:Only Multiplayer Aces Get Confirmed Kills :pilot:

P.S. I'll be there

Hi Winston,

If I can make it for the odd punch up I certainly will - teatime on a Saturday, eh? I'll leave my missus watching Dr Who and sneak off...

You can count me in mate, i need the practice.Salute.gif

Sounds like fun................................lets give it a go!

Looks like we may have a great turnout. In anticipation of this, I have made a diagram of the formation we will be using. It's a modified finger 4 formation with 2 more positions. It seems the AI use this so maybe they won't get in our way if we use it as well.

post-46040-12647087552325.jpg