Sign in to follow this  
Jimbib

John Travolta flies supplies to Haiti

There is a person who has all the means and made it happen. Good on him.

Good job. That's the way it ought to be done. I just hope that it wasn't done for the publicity.

Doubtful. Mr. Travolta has done so many nice things just cuz he was able to that I doubt that this is a stunt. He truly loves flying and there's no doubt in his mind he did so for any other reason than because he wanted to get involved. He understands what a second chance is. If you study his movie career you can see that he was all but finished until Tarantino gave him a part in Pulp Fiction.

Here in France (I can't speak for Continental Europe as a whole), the Church of Scientology is largely seen as a sect, and the medias have a net anti-Scientologist tendency, and a severe opinion about John Travolta's or Tom Cruise's actions when they are obviously in support of the Church. The media coverage of John Travolta's acts has linked them to the (numerous) former Scientologist interventions on theaters of humanitarian disasters, presenting them as a swarm of ravens swooping down upon a wounded man, trying to get their best from his debilitated body.

What has Scientology to do with this and why are they mentioned ????

I agree with Captaine Vengeur. Guess that Travolta is OK but this church thing is disgusting.....superstition.gif

Hou doe,

Derk

I think it is good he's helping out with this whole sorry situation. Haiti needs all the help it can get.

I read there are CoS "ministers" on his flights. If they're just volunteering, it's one thing. If they're missionaries, it's another.

Well, I agree..the people need all the help they can get. With the UN bogged down as per usual, with their stupid beaurocracy, it's good that he is making the effort.

I read there are CoS "ministers" on his flights. If they're just volunteering, it's one thing. If they're missionaries, it's another.

I have a funny feeling that they're not just there for volunteer work.

They certainly ARE missionaries. Pictures have shown some men (from Travolta's plane or working in the ground team, I don't know) wearing what seems to be the CoS "military advisors" tropical uniform, seen on other theaters of intervention (The Tsunami, etc): a golden yellow T-shirt with black-lettered sentences I couldn't read. It happens they are there on their duty time.

They certainly ARE missionaries. Pictures have shown some men (from Travolta's plane or working in the ground team, I don't know) wearing what seems to be the CoS "military advisors" tropical uniform, seen on other theaters of intervention (The Tsunami, etc): a golden yellow T-shirt with black-lettered sentences I couldn't read. It happens they are there on their duty time.

This says it all.......post-2160-12647720526051.jpg

Hou doe,

Derk on_the_quiet2.gif