Sign in to follow this  
manlyman564

is there autopilot in game

hi i just bought over flanders field and was wondering is there a autopilot like for flying in formation and long trip to target

thanks

There is "warp" to get you to next waypoint.

You will get out of warp, when enemies are near.

Check the controls by pressing "esc" in flight or on field.

Go to 'controls' and find the right command there.

You can even change the key command.

Ctrl + Shift + a pressed simultaneously.

A little known autopilot command that will keep you straight and level only. Make sure there is no one too close to you when you do this as it involves a bit of spastic movement before it settles in. Ctrl + Shift + a again to turn it off. It will not keep you on waypoint or make the waypoint turns for you. It only flies your craft straight and level. For that warping is your only way.

Cheating? Maybe. But sometimes it's necessary in OFF to grab a sandwich!

Speaking of warp. Most of the time it works as intended but lately i've had several times when it sent me the opposite direction of the next way point. Every time it's the last long waypoint going home. Looks like a bug in some missions. ???

It's a cfs3 bug somewhere, we looked but not been able to fix.

Just warp in sorter bursts (good idea anyway).

I KNOW THAT IF YOU LOOK AT THE MISSION IN NOTEPAD OR MISSION BUILD YO CAN SEE IF THAT WAVE POINT IS WARPABLE OR NOT, SOMETIMES IF YOU HAVE SEVELE IN A ROW YOU WILL BYPASS THEM TO THE LASTE WARPABLE ONE JSUT A THOUGHT

The alternate to warp is Control+Shift+A which was mentioned above. This is very handy when used with the time acceleration which is Control+Shift+E which will speed you out to 2x/4x/ and 8x. To slow down use Control+Shift+R or to leave you use Control X (like exiting warp.

I use this if I have used all my ammunition and am not the flight leader. I point the plane towards home, set auto level and speed home. It will kick out automatically when enemy is present. However, it will not stop for waypoints or home base.

Beard

Burning Beard - I'm really thankful to you for posting that tip!

I often struggle to maintain course manually with time acceleration enabled. Somehow (hmm......), it hadn't occurred to me to first engage auto-pilot.

Cheers,

Greg

I don't like warping because it's only enemy aircraft which drop you out of warp. If you're looking a target, especially ships, you can suddenly see your mission objective, but be miles past it before you hit Ctrl X, and then you can't find the damn thing again because it's moved...

Best solution to a long flight is Teamspeak on a multiplayer mission. Good banter, instant feedback, and you learn all sorts of stuff too. A couple of hours will pass and you won't even know it.

I'm not a purist with the old chestnut 'ah the real pilots didn't have a warp button', off course they didn't. But OFF is an addiction and the warp function makes the difference between getting to work and not getting to work.

Autopilot is only limited GregSM, it keeps you steady on your speed, heading and altitude, but it won't correct itself to follow a course or flightpath. It's not so much autopilot as 'cruise control'.

Edited by Flyby PC