Sign in to follow this  
Creaghorn

26" Screen

i'm aware that some people here have really awesome monitors, so it might not be the message of the century lol,

i had so far 22" with res 1600x 1024 and it was already really nice and big.

yesterday i bought for a good price a 26" screen with native res 1920x1200 and i must say, it's really great. how big the scenerie is overall with that better resolution, it's like really sitting next to them. looks so real. good.gif

Am saving up for one myself (still on a 19" here)

Was going to go the HDTV route...but due to their inability to show fonts properly (essential for my work, and skinning)..I dropped that idea

I am hoping to upgrade soon to a 24" or 26"

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

I still have an old Samsung 19" CRT. It's still working well.

The same with my TV, it's a Sony CRT.

The damn things seem to be indestructible. My wife don't let me change them until they are broken.

I know she's right, but... :cry:

Edited by Von Paulus

I may have the smallest monitor around, at a 17" but I swear I am getting a new 22" (as big as my desktop might allow) when I return. The prices are extremely low now. I've seen that size with free shipping for $139 US dollars.

I'm saving my sheckles for a big flat screen as well, but I'm kind of in the same spot you are VP. My old 19" CRT just keeps on running great and I can't really justify pitching it quite yet. It may have to meet with a tragic boating accident this spring.....

"Ah, it was awful, officer! If he'd only been wearing a life preserver all this could have been prevented. Terrible, just terrible. When will they learn." cray.gif

I'm saving my sheckles for a big flat screen as well, but I'm kind of in the same spot you are VP. My old 19" CRT just keeps on running great and I can't really justify pitching it quite yet. It may have to meet with a tragic boating accident this spring.....

"Ah, it was awful, officer! If he'd only been wearing a life preserver all this could have been prevented. Terrible, just terrible. When will they learn." cray.gif

Eheheh. Actually I thought to left some staples inside the monitor. And next time my wife switch on the monitor it would... pufff.

But something might happen to her also, so I gave up the idea. I must devise a perfect plot she is very suspicious, very clever.

to be honest, actually it was rather stupid to buy it now. in march we'll have our wedding with all the costs, right now we're also moving into a bigger apartement etc. and some weeks ago we decided against a Wii (she really loves it) because we want to pay all the necessary paychecks we're expecting in the next view weeks, first and then looking for stuff like that.

but. the screen simply smiled at me and i couldn't resist. i'll also secretly get the Wii asap for her, to keep it fair. rofl.gif

Creaghorn, I've been married for well over 20 years so I imagine I know women as little as any man, and I advise that you have that Wii sitting on your sweetie's lap PDQ if you want any shot at a happy home life over the next course of weeks.

anyone done the home theater pojection route?

I noticed they are up to 1920 x 1080 resolution now

gotta belive this game on a 109 inch screen (and possible curved a little for some periphial vision) would be great.

anyone done the home theater pojection route?

I noticed they are up to 1920 x 1080 resolution now

gotta belive this game on a 109 inch screen (and possible curved a little for some periphial vision) would be great.

I was eye-balling that new LED stuff... looks great! But VERY costly.

I still have my 36" Sony Wega that I need a crane to move around the house.

I'd love to get one of those new Bose home theater systems with a new 62" LED connected to Blue Ray and Hi-Def TV... good God.. .the Jets can keep their $20K PL fees for each seat... :)

OvS

I was eye-balling that new LED stuff... looks great! But VERY costly.

I still have my 36" Sony Wega that I need a crane to move around the house.

I'd love to get one of those new Bose home theater systems with a new 62" LED connected to Blue Ray and Hi-Def TV... good God.. .the Jets can keep their $20K PL fees for each seat... :)

OvS

well..keep in mind i dont generally use the word "only" and "$1000.00" in the same sentence too often,,,,

but,,the projectors i was looking at are around 999.00 now..

compare that to lets say 600 bucks for a medium size lcd tv,,,or what you have to spend to get 3 monitors for a 3head setup, and imho it gets pretty close to being cost efficicnt.

I just dont know how good the game would look....

I still have an old Samsung 19" CRT. It's still working well.

The same with my TV, it's a Sony CRT.

The damn things seem to be indestructible. My wife don't let me change them until they are broken.

I know she's right, but... cray.gif

Accidents do happen. Maybe you could thow something at in frustration and claim the MVR shot you down for the 10 time ! She probably won't buy the yarn but the deed would have been done and now you can get a modern screen.

Hello,

since you are at it - what would you think about that one. I had some Iiyamas before, they were almost the best back then - cathode ray tube, that is.

Now they're making TFTs, like this one - "only" a 24", but still:

Iiyama ProLite E2407HDSD-B1 - TFT-Display

What do you guys and girls think about it, or would you go for something different ?

Thanks and greetings,

Catfish

I just bought a Samsung 24" HDTV 50,000:1 Dynamic Contrast 1920x1080 monitor and I must say I am loving it.

OFF looks like a whole different world..slap on the digital something headphones and, well...I'm gone.

Each man's budget is what it is, obviously...in NYC this monitor cost $300, which I find really worth the money. Couldn't recommend it more highly.

Regards,

Royce

I had been flying OFF with a 17" CRT and an 8800GTX for a while until the Missus got me a 24" Dell HD Widescreen (1920x1080) for $189 US and a 1Gb GTX280. NOW I know what all of the fuss was about! Just feckin' beautiful!:good:

Edited by Cameljockey