Sign in to follow this  
Tamper

For the Devs/OBD team

IMHO the challenge is to survive, as it would be the main goal in real. not getting 100 kills. if it's accidentally both, so better. but that won't happen.

as long as there is no one here who has survived to the end, ace or not, it will remain a challenge.

personally i can't say there is no challenge in shooting down enemies, and with the same pilot dying after 5 virtual days. that's paradox and a the point of the sim is missed.

frank luke had many kills in a short pace and he died quickly.

LvR had many kills in a short pace and had injury after injury, a miracle he survived,

same for nungesser or berthold. they spent more time in hospital than at the front.

most simmers are IMO the types i mentioned above, because there is no fear of losing life.

there are only 3 aces with very very big scores who actually also survived the war, and one of those aces is somewhat questionable.

the other one seems to have skill and a hughe sense for SA, maybe the best pilot regarding flying ability, shooting and using advantages in one person.

the third one very good flying skills, but also sometimes more luck than brains. but my personal favourite good.gif .

The problem is that even on it's hardest setting it's now become too easy for the most experienced players.

I'm sorry, but I find that hard to believe. The new AI, supposedly the new easy AI, is IMHO harder than the old AI which dives down to the deck.

If you play the new AI and play against more AI than you have friendlies, then I don't see it being too easy at all.

For the simple reason that if you are playing full real, no labels etc, then you can't see all the AI all the time - the camo of them against the brilliant scenery is extremely good- and this new AI will find you and zap you.

If you got loads of red writing everywhere, then it is very easy.

So, Uber players- do you play CFS3 QC? Do you create scenarios where you are alone at 10000ft and come up against 3 or 4 EA, all at ACE setting.? And you find that too easy to win? Then make it 6 EA? If that's too easy, have yourself sat on the runway, alone, and go up to meet the 4 Aces?

That too easy? - :no: :no:

Not sure, which aces you mean, Creaghorn - these 6 among the top ten aces

of WW1 survived the war:

René Paul Fonck - 75 victories

William "Billy" Avery Bishop - 72 victories

Ernst Udet - 62

Raymond "Collie" Collishaw - 60 victories

Andrew Beauchamp-Proctor - 54

Donald Roderick MacLaren - 46 victories

I have to say, I'm perplexed that anyone could find BH&H 'too easy'. As Fortiesboy says, if you're finding it easy, crank up the settings to 'impossible, skies a blizzard of angry psychopaths', turn off every CFS3 aid known and down lots of beer before you start flying. That'll bloody well sort you out.

Not sure, which aces you mean, Creaghorn - these 6 among the top ten aces

of WW1 survived the war:

René Paul Fonck - 75 victories

William "Billy" Avery Bishop - 72 victories

Ernst Udet - 62

Raymond "Collie" Collishaw - 60 victories

Andrew Beauchamp-Proctor - 54

Donald Roderick MacLaren - 46 victories

that's the one i meant, but ooops, forgot collishaw. so there are 4. (i only counted survivors with 60+).

but that's the point. probably MvR, udet or fonck could have had 300 kills if they would know they will come again as a new pilot, like cylons in battlestar galactica. but they flew carefully with survival first, then with making kills. that's human and makes 100% sense.

Yer right there, mighty - when everyone would switch off any "crutches"/aids, like Labels,

TAC, outside views etc., and not even used the "pause" button (my weak spot yet! Lol!),

Then most people wouldn't survive more than 25 sorties, I'm pretty sure.

My luckiest pilot in the "Krauts vs Crumpets" campaign survived 30 hours in 46 sorties.

Being still too much of the hazardous type, he fell after 38 victories.

He didn't even survive half a year.

So you're right there, Creaghorn - the challenge are not masses of kills.

The real challenge is here, to survive one year, two years - the whole war.

I don't believe, anyone has made that yet.

Something I'd like to see is lone recon flights, they're totally absent from OFF.

I'd also have said I'd like a more challenging AI, but maybe it's us who have become too good? Look at Airshark's 90+ kills with less than 40 combat-hours flown. That's what's kind of killing OFF for me at the moment, the sense of achievement just isn't in it any more and the top medals have acquired jamboree-bag status. I'm not sure what a solution to that might be...making the AI's DM incredibly robust (because I seriously doubt anymore can be got from CFS's AI flying ability) or making 90% of the player's rounds dud?

We have mentioned in various threads, many times, all these things are being worked on, and you will see the results down the road. The medal system, strategic and tactical aspects, and the AI, are all getting a thorough overhaul, along with other areas of the sim you haven't touched on.

Cheers,

shredward

We have mentioned in various threads, many times, all these things are being worked on, and you will see the results down the road. The medal system, strategic and tactical aspects, and the AI, are all getting a thorough overhaul, along with other areas of the sim you haven't touched on.

Cheers,

shredward

though BHAH is still absolutley addictive and awesome, i can't wait to see p4 yikes.gif

Hah! Seems I'm showing a hint of subtle wisdom after all these years of growing up:

I CAN wait; and I know it will pay the patience!

And now I'm off to my waiting Albatros!...

Dear Winder,

Since i only stay about 1 hour from ur house can i please come over and be a beta tester for P4. Pretty Please?

Morris

clapping.gif

Hey, Morris - why should you?!?!? We live in times of world wide communication!

There are airlines! I can buy a ticket! Winder - it will only take a coupla hours to get there!!!

I am surely much more experienced than Morris!!!!!

Morris may even be biased, cause he is South African, citizen of the same town, AND your neighbour! :rofl:

Oh Olham, you are a funny dude. One post back you were just patting yourself on the the back for being older and wiser and having more patience. Also perfectly happy with the sim you have for now. I understand though. If P4 came out tomorrow I'ld have to have it. :drinks:

Olham just wants to get his hands on some new Hun Crates!...KEEP HIM AWAY....he's way TOO dangerous!!! :lol:

That's right. There would be no Brit kites left after he had a couple hours of "testing"

Hihihi, you're right, Rickitycrate - my wisdom ends at the garden gate, I'm afraid.

Or better: at the mess door! :grin:

Edited by Olham

I don't think so. You Einstein, me Cheetah. And I ain't half more stupider than some.