Sign in to follow this  
dsawan

Return of the Falklands

Hey Peacemeal, I must say you centainly look Irish on your picture !!!!!grin.gif

Hou doe,

Derk

post-29988-12672757632264.jpg Cheers!

Leaders who screw it up suddenly find themselves out of a job very quickly...

I'm afraid you are wrong on this one (OK, perhaps it is that way where you live - lucky you - but I can tell you it's nothing like that here).

Edited by shotdown

Yeah that's true, unfortunately not everywhere works like that...

This maybe just heresay but is there any truth in Venezuela pledging (military?) support for Argentina?

So it would seem the rest of Latin America IS supporting Argentina........ well done Mrs Clinton.

Let the Falklanders decide as they should do so as they are the people who live there... and I it will not even be a close run thing as the vast majority of the poeple there want to remain under the UK flag... I know I have been there !!!

So it would seem the rest of Latin America IS supporting Argentina........ well done Mrs Clinton.

I don't think it will go further than moral support (like 1982). BTW, Mrs Clinton is suposed to defend USA's interests not UK's right?

Naturally. The last thing anyone here wants is to get into someone else's dispute. If we can lend support to an ally without screwing ourselves over, we should. With the way things are right now, though, our neck is stuck out farther than a giraffe's already and we can't afford (literally) to get into anything else.

The interesting thing, of course, is that what is usually in most countries' best interests is maintaining the status quo.