Sign in to follow this  
DarthRevan

Operation Desert Storm Mod

It possible no doubt - but would take a very long time to do it right.

i thought it was being worked on, now that NF4 has been converted

Its on the list to do.

I tried to do it on SF2E, but once i adapted the objectes as due, install went FUBAR

Given the amount of customization that went into this fine mod it's fair to say that it should be quite a task converting it.

I'm still trying to figure out how to adapt SF2 to suit my needs :tongue:

Edited by Gocad

Actually NF4 still needs some converting to make it applicable to the latest patch. :salute:

Edited by jomni

They may get done eventually. I know of one person who has it NF4+ updated but his school schedule is kicking his ass and hasnt had time to get it all together and sent over. ODS is JSF_Aggies baby and his work with the F-35 is beating him into the ground as well. The rest of us have moved onto working on the Korea War mod. (Which is progressing nicely by the way.) All the knowledge to change NF4+ is in the knowledge base i.e. fixing any of the HUD and the AB effects. That is the most glaring changes needing to put it at Feb 2010 standards. ODS is a lot more involved and would take weeks to convert.

What basically needs to be done for NF4+? Just AB and HUD's?

What basically needs to be done for NF4+? Just AB and HUD's?

I guess it couldn't hurt to check every 3rd party effect. The HUD and AB effects are just the easiest to spot. :wink:

I've only had enough energy to convert a couple things from ODS to SF2 standards, but since conversion is not too clear as far as the main effort (some even use SF2E default aircraft) is concerned. So I'll keep them handy but not too enthused about making a total effort.

I already converted my NF4+ to Feb2010 standards, fixed a few missing cockpit textures as well.

But I don't think I'm in the position to submit to this forums as:

1) I am not the original modder

2) I'm an amature so the work is quite messy and not up to standards.

3) Not completely tested. Not completely fixed as there might be some bugs carried over from the older versions.

Anyway as mentioned before, fixing is not too hard. You can do it in an evening or two.

What I did is to fix all the Effects and fiddle with the avionics.ini of the planes for the huds.

I already converted my NF4+ to Feb2010 standards, fixed a few missing cockpit textures as well.

But I don't think I'm in the position to submit to this forums as:

1) I am not the original modder

2) I'm an amature so the work is quite messy and not up to standards.

3) Not completely tested. Not completely fixed as there might be some bugs carried over from the older versions.

Anyway as mentioned before, fixing is not too hard. You can do it in an evening or two.

What I did is to fix all the Effects and fiddle with the avionics.ini of the planes for the huds.

Jomni

I wouldnt have a problem with you posting an update to NF4+. Submit it to me or hgbn, we can check it out for you.