Sign in to follow this  
dsawan

Pirates capture French warship?

:lol: damn you got me Edited by Silverbolt

how the f.... can an armed warship loose to a bunch of low tech pirates. if i were french i would be ashamed of myself and my country. That is freaking riddicoules.

i love this part: "The French Defense Ministry spokesperson, Bernadette Fabrique, stated that French warships are always allowed to surrender if confronted with superior force or a potential loss of life."

A couple of guys with pistols and a motorboat in france considered as superior force :P against a modern warship.

i thought it was shoot on site against pirates.

i thought it was shoot on site against pirates.

i dont get it. is the article a joke?

So close to true! :grin:

i dont get it. is the article a joke?

Yes...

What, this didn't clue you in?

US Navy Commander Martin Lewandowski, of Portland Maine, who spoke on the condition of anonymity...

or who the article was written by:

Reverend Mike is a contributing editor for Glossy News. He was a Combat Chaplain with the Soviet Red Army in the 1980s. A career which he describes as an 'unappreciated field of endeavor'. He later worked as an Information Officer with the TASS News Agency on assignment in White Sands, NM. The collapse of the Soviet Union left him unemployed and homeless. He survived by selling magazine subscriptions door to door disguised as a college coed. He was later kidnapped and taken to Shanghai where he was sold into a white slavery ring. He lived as a concubine for a Japanese music industry mogul until 2002 when a wardrobe malfunction revealed his true identity. He found himself homeless and unemployed again, with only his collection of Polaroid snap shots. Reverend Mike has since scraped together a meagre living by blackmailing Japanese industrialists. Reverend Mike lives in a small 5 bedroom penthouse flat overlooking Central Park in New York City. His hobbies include exotic motorcycles, supermodels and owning small nations....

FC

I wonder how many subscriptions of 'Vibe' he's sold over the past years. Well at least 30 were to Peter Gibbons...

I can't find any other news article on this, this smell fishy to me. I would have to say this is likely to be fake article.

:rofl:

Chaoic out...

LOL, being a mainer myself, I was so caught up with the fact that the article said the Navy officer was from Portland that I totally missed the "...on condition of anonymity..." part. Thats hillarious, but do you want to know the worst part????? When I read the title of the article about the French navy losing a war ship to a bunch of pirates I WASN'T SURPRISED!!!!!

Edit: Horrayy!!!! This is my 200th post! I tend to be more of a lurker then active in the forums and this is the highest post count of any account I have anywhere, even MySpace!!!!!!!!

Edited by Sakai

:rofl: :rofl:

Nothing against the French well apart from their roads killed my painstakingly rebuilt over 6 months, by me, motorbike...

A hoax, really. Not any word in our news, and never heard of that Bernadette Fabrique in our political countryside. That's typically the sort of fake, fake-sounding name Hollywood ignoramuses like to place in their movies and series, but which would make any customs officer here react on, would he see it on a passport (that's my job, by the way). Moreover, the French Navy seems to have a tradition of scuttling rather than being captured: that's the way the 4th Navy in the World has covered the bottom of Toulon Harbour in 1942.

It's amazing to see how easily the jokes about the French Army's cowardice can be believed for the truth on some other side of the Ocean. But after all, French have their own well-anchored beliefs about the US Military, and any "news" about occurences of dilettante friendly fire (Brits in the Gulf know what I'm talking about), or light-hearted care about civilian collateral damages in underdeveloped countries (allied, neutral, enemy ones, no matter), are at first glance held for true, no matter it's a hoax or not. That's a fair counterbalance.

Meanwhile back in the real world the French are doing it right http://news.bbc.co.u...ica/8555664.stm

The French navy has captured 35 piracy suspects off Somalia's coast - hailing it as the most successful mission since EU operations began in 2008.

When I visited the helo-carrier Mistral last year, I've been said that she participated in such operations off Somalia, but had no other close-protection against pirates than the few .50 the visitors could see. Fortunately, the French sailors can sometimes take advantage from the pirates' idiocy: some months ago, several of them had been captured after trying to assault a warship (perhaps frigate Nivose the BBC article talks about, I don't remember), having mistaken her at dawn with a bulk carrier!

RODLMAO

I'm surprised anyone fell for it.

:rofl::lol:

RODLMAO

I'm surprised anyone fell for it.

:rofl::lol:

Me too. Only a numpty would fall for it for gawds sake. Viva la France............except for those vichy cowards. :salute: