Sign in to follow this  
rjw

Claim form issue

I have noticed on a couple of occasions when I have had five separate claims to submit at one time, I would be advised by the pop-up that my claim was erroneous and would be ignored if I proceeded to submit it.

This problem was resoved on both occasions by removing the fifth claim and resubmitting.

Any idea why the fifth claim would do this? Is it possible to successfully submit a claim with five separate crafts on it?

Best Regards;dntknw.gif

Could be many reasons, sometimes someone else got the final hits on the kill (Wingman, ground fire etc, or perhaps the craft type you are saying it is, it wasn't etc).

Polovski are you saying that if you misidentify the aircraft type on the claim form you won't get credit for it?

Polovski are you saying that if you misidentify the aircraft type on the claim form you won't get credit for it?

no. you definitely CAN get credited for it. just the chances are lower. sometimes a new enemy AC appears at the front and you shoot one down and there is still no proper name of it so you have to choose single seater. you can also mix up the shot down AC completely and get credited for it. just think about how many nieuports are around. i never use labels (completely unrealistic. claim what you see or what you think you saw, as it was in real) and when shooting down a nieup, i'm often not sure, did he have a lewis gun on the top wing? were the roundels french? etc. so i claim one of the available nieuports which i think it was, and often enough i get a confirmation. even if you mix up camels with pups etc.

I have noticed on a couple of occasions when I have had five separate claims to submit at one time, I would be advised by the pop-up that my claim was erroneous and would be ignored if I proceeded to submit it.

This problem was resoved on both occasions by removing the fifth claim and resubmitting.

Any idea why the fifth claim would do this? Is it possible to successfully submit a claim with five separate crafts on it?

Best Regards;

My experience is that it's most likely a misreporting of the number of aircraft claimed rather than just having a fifth claim line. When this happens try to think back and then alter the number of kills you're claiming on each line. If necessary, keep a pen and paper close by when flying and quickly write down your kills as they occur. You're get less "erroneous" messages this way. and remember, if one of your flight puts 1 more round into your kill before it hits the ground, it doesn't count as a kill for you.

Hey guys thanks for the info!

Dear RJW,

I have shot down enemy planes in flames that its would seem if nothing is left of the plane and it should be a sure kill.

but many times you will be surprised that the enemy plane will lose altitude from 11 000 feet with black smoke and flames burning, only to find the sneaky SOB to fly away at low level.

So i you think you shot him down follow the enemy until impact and write down the time of impact during ur claim form.

mine looks like this; (im not flying OFF with any labels enabled or any info that can make it easier)

At 12:54 a white colour fighter plane was hit with an expenditure of 100 rounds ( I'm guessing the number of bullets). At 11 000 feet smoke and flames appeared from the plane. The pilot jumped and the plane rolled over. At 12:56 the plane was destroyed on impact south of Wassigny Air Field.

Hope this will help you.

Morris

I have have had this thing happen to me. Usually I just change the number for 4 to 5 and it is ok, but still get a claim of 4. How do you log in your claims. Say you shoot down 3 Alb D III and write in the time Lat & Lon on the same line, or do you use a separate line for each AC shot down? What if you shoot down 4 Alb. D II & 2 Alb D VA, how do you file this claim. (I do use the labels of AC on screen.) Also if you are flying a Camel and the mission is Balloon Busting, why no claim forms with you shoot one or two down?

Thanks

Rich

Edited by jwrich