Well, against my better judgment, I updated to the March 2010 patch. I've got a massive amount of mods and tweaked settings for SF2, and I didn't want to screw anything up. But I did.

I don't have a screenie, but the pit in the Super Hornet is showing the exterior model too close (I can see the exterior canopy frames). I remember this has something to do with the clip distance, but I can't find what setting has changed with the patch. I checked the cockpit INI file to make sure that "open cockpit" wasn't enabled.

Anyone else see this yet? Is it a cockpit position error? I wasn't having any problems with cockpit placement like some people were having with the last patch, so I didn't adjust any values there.

I shoulda left well enough alone.

I dunno... While I can appreciate the desire to not mess up something that is "just so", the patches are an inexorable drive of improvement. I think I'd rather make the corrections and move foward with the patches, personally. smile.gif

Why not just revert to the copy you made before you installed the patch? You did copy (as a pseudo-backup) your install before applying the patch.... right?

Also, remember that the benefit of the new "mod folder" structure is that you can just copy your mod folder, reinstall the stock game and patch to your desired level, run the game once, then drop your copied mod folder back in. Yes you have to reinstall the game, but you don't have to reinstall any mods.

Should take a total of about 15 minutes, and you actually having to be at the computer for about 1 of those minutes.

Well, I could do that, but I like a challenge. :grin:

When I get home from work, I'll sit down and figure it out...I hope.

I may have read there was a cockpit position change in some recent Patch.(**) TK did something different with open pit, or something. I doubt this is a bad Patch, but you may have to re-tweak things.

Yes you ALWAYS have a solid reliable backup method (that means...multiple independent backups) of your game, in case something goes wrong like Patches you don't like.

(**) I'm staying SF1 2006 level so I can morally support and have Compassion for any feelings of Patch Paranoia, but I can't help at all in SF2+. :drinks:

Agreed. I haven't touched the settings for the cockpit in any of the updates, so it's most definitely a patch issue.

Look for the line CGPosition=X,Y,Z in the data.ini. If any of the values are something other than zero, note them.

Then, go into the cockpit.ini file of the aircraft in question and adjust the Position=X,Y,Z values by the difference you noted (ie if the Y value in the CGposition was x.xx, then you need to adjust the Position Y value by x.xx). You probably increase the Y value from what you are saying.

See if that fixes the problem.

FC

Ah, didn't look at the CGposition...just the cockpit position. I'll give it a go when I get home. Thanks!

Got it sorted. For all my 3rd party aircraft I had to move the cockpit forward by 0.5 meters (or whatever the unit is). The CG position was all zeros, however. No idea why...but it works. :drinks: