Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

Post Your V1.02 Thoughts Here

if they made the source code available to me i don't think i'd have a problem finding volunteers who would do the code work.

it's not an impossible task (who some people seem to take as granted) - for people who aren't asking any money from it.

if you haven't worked through someone's code and design you don't understand that fixing problems isn't "magic" - it's "method".

the limiting factor is $$$. pure and simple. It's not impossible - it's financially unfeasible.

i think the only thing of import would be guarantees of transparent communication AND that any product of such an effort be made freely available to anyone wishing to download it - ala Falcon's development, but learning from the mistakes of the prior groups.

LOMAC has potential - it has a LOT of potential, unfortunately in my opinion it is not AT it's potential, and that is fixable.

so throw peanuts from the gallery if you like. that's much easier.

so throw peanuts from the gallery if you like. that's much easier.

I wasn't the one saying the code was a mess. You were. Step up to the challenge. You're the software guru.

as i said, give me the sourcecode and i'll be happy to.

A software guru could decompile it himself. Get to work, you're wasting time complaining here.

I'm tempted to buy the whole damned thing of ED's hands just to make you two stop :D

LOL. Will you give the source code to Bard then?

Agreed. You two sound like my 8 & 6 year olds. Give it a rest for cryin' out loud... :rolleyes:

Am I the 8 year old or the 6 year old. Everyone says I look young for my age. :P

when someone wishes to pay me to design one.

i can alternatively charge my hourly consulting rate for projects already underway.

Hourly consulting rate? What is that $5.56 from the drive thru window at Burger King??

Discuss your likes and dislikes. Dont make it personal. Drop the insults. That goes for everyone.

online or offline Growler??  If this occurs online then I assure you that someone in your server is trying to connect with the wrong settings. There might not be anything you can do about it on your end except look for a server with folks using the correct settings.

For what it's worth I cant get into a online game now days without spending the first ten minutes doing tech support because folks just dont want to use the correct settings, or they just dont know about them.

Whats your system specs Growler and situation where this slowdown occurs and I will try and help.

Online, ABIT IS7-E, P4 2.4, 3x Kingston 512DDR pc3200, SB Audigy LS, ATI Radeon 9800XT, Saitek X36, in game graphics settings Medium (the one click method) except terrain preload at 20km, AA and AF @ 4x, Cable Modem, Norton and Zone Labs disabled, both Sound card and onboard sound accelleration turned off, WinXP Home.

I was one of the 4 squadies at 128/128 DSL connection and as we went step by step (as mentioned) I don't think that was the problem. It got bad when SA-9's started to come up at us, and got worse after the "warnings' started in. I was down to 0fps and watched the very slow slide show of my demise (a new snapshot every 20-30 seconds).

Edited by Growler67

Discuss your likes and dislikes. Dont make it personal. Drop the insults. That goes for everyone.

Your absolutely right GD, my apologies. ;)

online or offline Growler??  If this occurs online then I assure you that someone in your server is trying to connect with the wrong settings. There might not be anything you can do about it on your end except look for a server with folks using the correct settings.

For what it's worth I cant get into a online game now days without spending the first ten minutes doing tech support because folks just dont want to use the correct settings, or they just dont know about them.

Whats your system specs Growler and situation where this slowdown occurs and I will try and help.

Online, ABIT IS7-E, P4 2.4, 3x Kingston 512DDR pc3200, SB Audigy LS, ATI Radeon 9800XT, Saitek X36, in game graphics settings Medium (the one click method) except terrain preload at 20km, AA and AF @ 4x, Cable Modem, Norton and Zone Labs disabled, both Sound card and onboard sound accelleration turned off, WinXP Home.

I was one of the 4 squadies at 128/128 DSL connection and as we went step by step (as mentioned) I don't think that was the problem. It got bad when SA-9's started to come up at us, and got worse after the "warnings' started in. I was down to 0fps and watched the very slow slide show of my demise (a new snapshot every 20-30 seconds).

I don't see anything funky with your setup. Have you tried any of the other connection settings? like 256/128?

Did the host have a good solid upload speed?

and what was the host set at?

I could take a look at the mission if you would like. ldowningjr@tampabay.rr.com

Did you try the same settings but with one of the stock missions to see if you got the slowdown?

It's been my experience that these slowdowns occur because of a connection issue or a client with a poor connection.

Make sure nobody is running firewalls, virus scans, or anything else that might use any bandwidth.

If you see me in Hyperlobby by all means snag me and I'll be glad to try anything out you need to.

It was the canned A-10 coop mission and everyone connected at the same 128/128. I was one of the clients. Not sure about anyothers using firewalls and such. I think those issues were addressed when we found v1.01 to be unplayable. To the best of my knowledge, the firewall and utilities were disabled by all but I'll double check.

A software guru could decompile it himself.  Get to work, you're wasting time complaining here.

decompiling and releasing a new exe without permission would be illegal wouldn't it.

:)

not to mention that having the sourcecode would be far superior than decompiling - you might die of old age waiting.

i have answers :)

*ommmmmmm*

when someone wishes to pay me to design one.

i can alternatively charge my hourly consulting rate for projects already underway.

Hourly consulting rate? What is that $5.56 from the drive thru window at Burger King??

none of your business how much i make :)

bet you're dying to know too :P

There are no city lights. And there are no aircraft lights that are not total s**t. And this is some thing that I hate about this game. But they will never be fixed so I guess life goes on.

Edited by lexicon

I flew a night mission the other nite, tons of city lights. Turn on advanced haze.

It's on I guess there’s only lights in Campaigns?

I see plenty of lights in any mission.. You have to be pretty low. If you go above a certain altitude they disappear.

It would be nice if you could see them from any altitude but perhaps tht would kill your fps

Thought I'd give LOMAC another shot...

I've tweeked my sub-par PC, to get the graphics and gameplay at an acceptable level.... but.... I'm not very computer savy....

So I need help with my X45 and the F-15/A-10.... I know you're supposed to assign a different button to be able to use missles, but this isnt working, I've read the read-me 5 times over, and I'm still lost. I've even tried just using the keyboard for firing missles... and the space bar just fires guns, just like any button I program for "fire".

I'm afraid I need some step by step help...

Cheers,

Jay

Note:I'm using the built in button mapping... SGE is just too confusing.