Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

Douche Bag of the Week?....

As you may know, I had recently posted that I had driven over a bolt that severly damaged the left rear tire and wheel. Because of the cost, I decided to see if my insurance, USAA, can cover it. An adjuster came out, evaluated the damge, and said that I can get covered for the damage. Today, in the mail, I get a letter from USAA stating that I'm 100% at fault for the "collision". The details regarding their decision... 1.)This accident occurred when the driver of your vehicle (me) struck a stationary object. WTF!? explain to me how a 4" bolt rolling around in the street is classified as a stationary object? 2.) We determined that the driver of your vehicle was principally at fault because under California law :rolleyes:, a driver is responsible for steering clear of any obstacles. Ok, yeah, under what reasonability is it expected for the driver to be able to avoid an obstacle that is f***ing 4 inches in length and 3/4" in diameter, at night? This last part gets me laughing... If you do not agree with our decision, please call us. You may also request reconsideration of our decision in writing within 30 days from receipt of this correspondence (date marked on the letter says April 16, 2010). Damn right I'll be giving a call, and they better reconsider or I'll be contacting my lawyer, and all of my friends who use USAA and to notify their friends and to drop USAA as an insurance provider. Sure am glad I got that app on my phone that records all phone call conversations. Wonder what kind of a response I would get when they answer the phone and I say, "This call is being recorded. Any statements made can be used as evidence in civil prosecution."

USAA used to be awesome. In fact, I was going to switch to them several years ago but they just couldn't match the coverage and rates I was getting from AAA. However, I get spammed like crazy with snail mail from them. I'm due to re-up my home/vehicle insurance and I always shop around. I will not be calling USAA as a protest on your behalf. Hey, it doesn't mean much but at least you can tell them they lost another potential customer.

• Like 1

INSURANCE = biggest scam on earth. Take the premiums and deny all possible claims.

• Like 2

Ah, so I found out that I do have this comprehensive coverage that should have protected me from this. So I gave a nice call to USAA and asked them what the F' is going on and why the F' am I paying for this coverage if it's not protecting me. They're now wanting to re-review their findings and hopefully resolve this matter. The smack down on USAA begins! :threat:

Edited by serverandenforcer

Insurance companies seem sometimes to live in a different world then ours.

They're always, in any part of the world, trying to cheat you. That must be their first, second and the third rule.

HATE usaa. i have yet to have a positive experiance with them.

One of my longer assignments, was as a network administrator for a large insurance company. I can attest to the fact that they try to minimize their losses whenever, and wherever possible. In fact, a few of the adjusters and agents that I got to know seemed to get quite a charge out of denying claims, almost as if it were a game to them. Get a lawyer and sue them for breach of contract, and legal fees.

Edited by Fubar512

I will be contacting the National Insurance Commission as soon as I hear back from USAA when they still say that I'm 100% at fault. A friend of mine had to deal with the same thing with another company and sued them for $50,000!... of course there was probably a settlement that was much lower. But I'm expecting USAA will go dumb on this one. All that insurance companies are is legalized organized crime. Look at the Mafia. What do they do?... they provide "protection" to their "clients" but screw them over big time when they get the chance. It should be unconstitutional to have insurance by law. Unfortunately, living in the People's Republic of California, that's not the case.

Try getting cover if your a young male in the UK (and therefore automatically "boy-racer").

The best deal I could get for a 10 year old, 1.3L Ford Ka, costing £2000 was £2400 p/a

needless to say I'm not curently driving...this.gif

Craig