Here we are (again)

New Beffmeister's FM in testing

Two cockpits choice:

- Meteor for Exp. 1 owners

- A-4 modded for others (Baffmeister's too)

6°,8°,249° Sq. Suez historical numbers & letters (no squadron crests on the nose)

post-5138-12751568900172.jpg

post-5138-1275156902722.jpg

post-5138-12751569088154.jpg

post-5138-12751569160287.jpg

post-5138-12751569204253.jpg

More ...

post-5138-12751586237841.jpg

post-5138-12751586375701.jpg

post-5138-12751586507117.jpg

post-5138-1275158900247.jpg

Edited by paulopanz

I take it you're up and running again!!! WOOT!!! WOOT!!!

The Iragistanian skin looks good!!! The Suez skins ... well, I'll be putting mine away shortly. Like I said before, your's outshine my poor effort!

(you get the canopy working?)

wrench

kevin stein

I take it you're up and running again!!! WOOT!!! WOOT!!!

The Iragistanian skin looks good!!! The Suez skins ... well, I'll be putting mine away shortly. Like I said before, your's outshine my poor effort!

(you get the canopy working?)

wrench

kevin stein

The IRAQI Venoms were mk.50 (export Mk.1) so they had little different tails ... but better than nothing

In fact they could turn useful for an expanded Six Days campaign with a complete arab effort ....

.... about stripes: Glad You like them. You are a MASTER :king: modder.

Very happy to be back with You.

Paul :drinks:

post-5138-12751616745555.jpg

post-5138-12751616781767.jpg

post-5138-12751616979764.jpg

Edited by paulopanz

Paulo, that's fantastic!

Cool!

Check Your PM, Ale.

:grin:

Nice skins.

Paulo, that's fantastic!

Thank You All :flyer:

Very Nice :clapping:

For cockpit why don't you use the one from the Pulqui instead of A-4?

Or the "1 Jet Cockpit" from my Venom Update Pak (ie: mod of Kess's Spit Pit). Has the right windshield framing

wrench

kevin stein

Hi there.

while the plane is in testing and waits a proper sound, I tweaked the old (above) skins and made some new, not Suez, RAF ones.

For Suez Campaign ALL the Squadrons markings were removed, but the Venoms were very colorful in peacetime ...... :grin:

6°,8°, 11°, 60°(2), 208° squadrons are done. I have only to make a generic 100 serials set for them.

I used some Spinner's fantastic decals, edit them and made some by myself. I'm very proud of these new skins.

But I have very poor references (My best source is Warpaint n. 44.) on 5° and 266° (Rhodesia) Squadrons who were in Germany in late '50 with 11° and so will be interesting for an early SF-2EU Campaign.

So if You'ld have some references on them or about some other Mk.4 Squadron You'ld like to be made, please send.

I'ld like to make the only two Italian Venoms (also if they were export Mk.50 like Iraqi ...), too, but no pictures at all. If You'ld have something please PM to me.

Thank You all.

Paul :good:

No pics this time :grin:

I have a lot of aviation colour scheme books, like the Detail and Scale series, the Squadron Signal series and countless others. I'll look into it.

Happy to help!

PS: I love the photo on page 13 (Warpaint 44) with the cartridge starting Venoms!

Edited by Muesli

RAF Venom '50 Festival

post-5138-12753964654124.jpg

6° Sq. RAF Habanniya 'Flying Can-openers'

post-5138-12753964767421.jpg

8° Sq. RAF Khormaksar

post-5138-12753964818332.jpg

11° Sq. RAF Wunsdorf

post-5138-12753964870119.jpg

28° Sq. RAF Kai Tak

post-5138-12753964895357.jpgpost-5138-12753965007604.jpg

60° Sq. RAF Tengah

post-5138-12753965025847.jpgpost-5138-12753965065095.jpg

208° Sq. RAF Eastleight; RAF Muhurraq

post-5138-12753964531519.jpg

266° Sq. 'Rhodesia' RAF Wunsdorf HLABEZULU!

Very Nice :clapping:

For cockpit why don't you use the one from the Pulqui instead of A-4?

Just downloaded Spinners' "What If" Pulqui and have to agree, the Pulqui pit looks like the best "Stand In" pit for the Venom. :good:

I saw the Pulqui cockpit.

It's really good, but the labels are in Spanish .... and I don't know how to transalate.

My 1st choice is for Ex Pack Meteor Pit.

But if someone would adapt it ....

Paul :good:

Edited by paulopanz

remember, too, if you point to a stock cockpit, like the Hunter (which should be pretty damn close), the pilot's position in regards to the airframe WILL be off.

If you extract the Hunter's cockpit ini, make the adjustment to properly position him, you won't have a cockpt in-game, as the cockpit ini will be looking for the /cockpit folder. Which means, extracting ALL the Hunter pit bits, and dropping them into the Venom's /cockpit folder. (not really hard, but time consuming, and newer, inexperienced end users will most likely get into trouble trying to figure it out. And as they can't be included...???)

OTH, has anyone tried to edit a stock cockpit ini (position-wise), but NOT have the /cockpit folder present??

[CockpitData]

Directory=cockpit <---

HUDMode=CAGED,AA,AG

RippleQuantity=1,2,4

RippleInterval=60,100,140

is there a way to change that line, and still have a functioning/visible pit, with all the stuff still in the ObjectData cat???

I've never seen it work, personally, but who knows??

wrench

kevin stein

I'm using the Expansion Pack P-51D cockpit in all my Spitfires, and the Meteor cockpit in all my Vampires without putting the cockpit folder directly into the AI aircraft folders. It works like a champ! As an example, I drop the Meteor cockpit ini into all the Vampire version folders and rename it Vampire_Cockpit.ini so I can use the same cockpit ini for all three Vampires. In the Vampire.ini add the line "CockpitDataFile=Vampire_cockpit.ini", and extract one of the Vampire_Data.ini's for the Pilot Position Location located here:

// Crew ---------------------------------------------------------

[Pilot]

SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT

SeatID=1

PilotModelName=

SetCockpitPosition=TRUE

Position= ------- This Value-------

and all the gauges/interiors are there? and the position is correct??? (meaning: your cockpit view to the wings matching the exteranl view's pilot position, in the relation to the wings)

Hmm... I'll try to find time today to test this with the Hunter 9 pit (wait...does that exist in SF2I/Exp1??). Rebuilding Libya right now ....

wrench

kevin stein

Hey Wrench, everything shows up fine. Yes, the Hunter 9 pit is included in the Expansion Pack and I used the same method to drop the Hunter 9 cockpit in all the other variants of the Hunter. It sure beats the effort involved in extracting all the bits and pieces from the Object Data files!

I am utterly AMAZED!!! This never worked before in 1st Gens ... just renamed the extracted Hunter 9 cockpit ini, to Vampire and Venom, adjusted each pilot positon to match the data ini, dropped in their folder and THEY WORK PERFECTLY!!! They're right were they should be (matching internal and external views).

Unbelievable!! Some internal coding must have gotten changed.

Works for the stock Vautour, using the Metor pit too.

this is SUPERB!!! RIGHTEOUS!!!!! (you can tell, it makes me kinda happy!)

wrench

kevin stein