Dave

1948 War for Independence/1956 Suez Crisis

what started out as a FM tweak has now turned into a major upgrade

how the heck did that happen LoL

Ok the SeaHawk FB3 is now ready

in addition to the FM details mentioned above

wieghts have been corrected in accordance with those in the manual A.P 4328 part 6 (operating data) para 104 (typical sevice loads)plus the speeds and general handling are close to whats as described in part 3 (handling)

in addition the outer wing stub plyon is 500lbs limit because its 2xfuel tanks OR 2x1000lb's or 4x500lbs to remain within the FB3 wieght limits

you can manually overload to 2xfueltanks and 2x500lbs..but its not by much. the default load out in most cases is now 4x500lbs since the carriers are parked just off the coast, thier is no real need for drop tanks and 4x500lbs is more useful for strike/attack missions

i shall attempt to upload the three files for you to try, just drop them into your FB3 folder... the FGA4/FGA6 has different wieghts and i will be doing those shortly

sorry i cant start new topics so have to tag this query on here

i noticed if you fly a second mission you gain extra wieght

thought is was something i had done so checked a few stock aircraft and its the same

if you exit the game and re-enter you have the original wieghts again

try it, unload all weapons, see what your wieght is...reload them then fly, finish or abort..go for a second mission...unload weapons...ohh look you suddenly ate all the pork pies and your empty wieght has shot up 200-400 pounds depending on aircraft...how wierd...is this known about ?

sorry i cant start new topics so have to tag this query on here

Why can't you start new topics?

Why can't you start new topics?

says so in a grey box to the right of "add reply"

ok i have solved the rocket problem, you can now have 10 rckts + fuel tanks and they show up in the 3 D model

so FGA4/FGA6 to follow shortly after i have tested the aircraft with the new (corrected) wieghts and flight model

Try the main general forum. You can't start them in the file announcement section.

this is true..thanks

SUEZ problem

thier is a bug with HMS ALBION which does not allow aircraft to sit on the deck, they will slowly roll over

HMS BULWARK is fine with the other FGA4 sqn which sits on the deck fine

ok all the SEAHAWKS for SUEZ (FB3/FGA4/FGA6 are complete with the new flightmodel/weapons/loadouts which reflect the aircraft SUEZ loadout and actual aircraft performance/handling/ wieght and weapon limits according to the aircraft manual A.P.4382

options here are

i can repackage these three and upload them as "seahawks over suez"

or if Paulo would like i can easily do the F1/F2/FB5 flightmodel/weapons/loadouts as well and with his textures i think you would easily have the most accurate SEAHAWK range to date

i suppose i should put some sort of read me together LoL

eburger has updated the campaign with a ton of fixes. Changes are in the file change load.txt and on page one of this thread.

thanks eburger for your hard work, been away a while but now had a chance to take a quick look

whats GOOD

the campaign seems to be working nicely, cyprus takes part and the other items as discussed seem to be working

adding rockets to the F84F ..hurrah

whats BAD

F84 flaps dont work (i fixed them form myself a small change in the data.ini file)

the Seahawk is the old model with wrong wieghts/weapons/handling/wing drop etc (easy fix just replace with the relevent files i uploaded earlier)

whats UGLY

all 20mm cannon flashes are now borked, some horrible square thing instead of the gun flash, tested seahawk /F8J/F100D/F15/F4E/F105

no idea how to fix that..caused by the new 20mm fire effects ?

regards

Tomb

whats UGLY

all 20mm cannon flashes are now borked, some horrible square thing instead of the gun flash, tested seahawk /F8J/F100D/F15/F4E/F105

no idea how to fix that..caused by the new 20mm fire effects ?

That is your system. The usual fix is to either update your vid card drivers. Or remove the effect and revert back to stock.

As far as the Seahawk goes, all the models are the same. There is no old or newer models Seahawks. Its variants of the same model made by Bunyap back in 5 or 6 years ago. They have not been updated by him since he first released them. So the model you have now is the original one or ones. The only thing that changes is ini work for it. Make sense?

Tomb:

No changes were made to to the F-84F flaps in this update. I now see that you can't manually deploy them (they work on take-off), but that was not a change introduced by this update. I'll look into uploading a fixed version.

Seahawks: you are free to use your own SeaHawk DATA.INIs.

As for the 20mm gun flash, I don't see what you're seeing -- just tested. These are the same 20mm effects used in several other mods with thousands of downloads and installs. No one has reported that problem. If worse comes to worse, you could simply remove the new effects.

Eric Howes

1. how do i remove the 20mm cannon effects and/or restore the old one back to stock ?

it only occured after i applied the new suez mod (previous suez mod was fine)

i would prefer not to do a full reinstall if possible

(its all 4+suez addon merged)

Edited by Tomb

Folks:

Attached is a small collection of updates for the version of this mod uploaded by Dave on July 26. Included are a corrected F-84F DATA.INI that allows for the manual deployment of flaps on landing and a few customized guns that I forgot to include in the previous update.

Edit: Attached file removed. All the bugs fixed in that hotfix collection are fixed in the most recent update to the main mod download.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

Tomb:

Simply remove the 20mmFireEffect.ini from the \Effects directory. That should revert the 20mm fire effect to stock.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

Hey fellas eburger added a bunch of fixes etc.So check them out.

Sorry, but there's two little bugs: In campaigns Halifax annd Stirling units have fighter missions. They have sweep, cap and intercept missions

In 1948 campaign, Egiptians have nº 2 Squadron listed two times. I think one is nº 1 Squadron, because no nº1 Squadron is listed. The good news is that they are very easily fixed bugs.

Err... I have just discovered there are no Su-85, Su-100 nor IDF Super Sherman units in the campaigns. Are you sure you have uploaded the campaign fixes?

Edited by ojcar

ojcar:

The new tanks were not added to the campaigns. I'll look into the other campaign bugs you've reported.

Eric Howes

Folks:

Attached are updated campaign files to address the campaign issues that ojcar raised.

Eric Howes

Well, you guys will think that I post only for whining about bugs. Sorry, but I found another issue, this time with this awesome mod:

593595img00035.jpg

Well, there are also no engine sounds. And when firing the guns, nothing happens. Like guns aren't there. Looks like I've got some problems with the F-84. :blush:

Edited by Emp_Palpatine

Emp_Palpatine:

The tanks and engine sounds are known bugs. We have an update coming out shortly that fixes those problems. As for the guns, I'm not aware of a problem there -- that's a stock aircraft and we haven't made any changes to the guns from the default. Do the guns on the F-84F work in SF2E?

Eric Howes

Emp_Palpatine:

The tanks and engine sounds are known bugs. We have an update coming out shortly that fixes those problems. As for the guns, I'm not aware of a problem there -- that's a stock aircraft and we haven't made any changes to the guns from the default. Do the guns on the F-84F work in SF2E?

Eric Howes

Thanks for your answers, Eric.

Regarding the F84 guns, I tested them in SFE2/NF4+, no problem so far.

My bad for the guns, looks like I messed up my controler buttons regarding fire while changing my settings...

They seem to be working correctly.

Package updated.....