Sign in to follow this  
navychief

Kerry's visit to Wendy's

July 31, 2004 -- SCRANTON, Pa. — John Kerry's heavily hyped cross-country bus tour stumbled out of the blocks yesterday, as a group of Marines publicly dissed the Vietnam War hero in the middle of a crowded restaurant.

Kerry was treating running mate Sen. John Edwards and his wife, Elizabeth, to a Wendy's lunch in Newburgh, N.Y., for their 27th wedding anniversary — an Edwards family tradition — when the candidate approached four Marines and asked them questions.

The Marines — two in uniform and two off-duty — were polite but curt while chatting with Kerry, answering most of his questions with a "yes, sir" or "no, sir."

But they turned downright nasty after the Massachusetts senator thanked them "for their service" and left.

"He imposed on us and I disagree with him coming over here shaking our hands," one Marine said, adding, "I'm 100 percent against [him]."

A sergeant with 10 years of service under his belt said, "I speak for all of us. We think that we are doing the right thing in Iraq," before saying he is to be deployed there in a few weeks and is "eager" to go and serve.

The Marines — all of whom serve at nearby Stewart Air Force Base — wouldn't give their names.

Hoorah, Marines.

Navy Chief

Yes I found this whole incident very interesting, mainly because the Marines kept their composure. Good on 'em.... . B)

But they turned downright nasty after the Massachusetts senator thanked them "for their service" and left.

Well maybe they heard he was one of the people that voted against money to buy needed things(like improved body armor),or they heard from their daddy's what this guy said about vietnam vets,or maybe,just maybe they saw thru him to what he is,a guy that can't make a decision bout a ham sandwich,a guy that will not stand for anything unless the public poll says it has be that or this way..as for you MARINES,I bet your Gunny said Well Done Gyrene,Well Done..

Yes, I definitely applaud those Marines for their professional posture.

Me? I am not so certain that I would have been able to keep my mouth shut.

Navy Chief

Kerry is another Clinton...sails with the prevailing wind nomatter where it takes him. To have a person like him talk that trash (acting like he gives a damn) to an honest, honorable man such as that young Marine, makes me positive I'm not voting for him. :angry:

Edited by Cudaguy

I know I will catch heat for initiating this, as political posts always elicit emotional responses.

My problem is, I read and see such antics by Kerry, and I can't help but comment on them.

It scares me to realize that so many folks are planning to vote for Kerry (not based on his abilities), but rather because of extreme hatred for President Bush.

Navy Chief

It scares me to realize that so many folks are planning to vote for Kerry (not based on his abilities), but rather because of extreme hatred for President Bush.

Navy Chief

Well the problem(or part of it) is that President Bush DID look good in that flight suit!!! lol lol.actually their problems are many,from that guy who said depends on definition of is is we go to this guy who basically told the un and the french to go take a flying f*** thru a rolling donut,we went from a guy saying i dont know that woman to one who told the taliban give the terrorist up or you are gone(and they Are)...then theres the election thing,hell if al baby had won his OWN state he'd proiblly have won,wonder what the folks in tenn know that the rest dont...but basically its a thing bout a Man who looks you IN the eyes when he talks,and IS plain spoken,the libs and their running mates hate that,they want be bs'd to high heaven by one who looks good in sunglasess..I take the plain speaking man of morals over being bs'd anytime..and yes I know the President is a reformed alcoholic,Id rather have that than a convicted Perjurer anytime

So, Kerry responds to opinion polls ... gee, I’ve never seen a politician do that!

It's called being accountable and responsive to the electorate ... you know … building and detailing a DEMOCRATIC consensus of the people ... surprising, but that’s how all democratic politicians get elected, i.e. you REFLECT AND REPRESENT the majority viewpoint and are necessarily pragmatically flexible to adjustments of policy and their implementation and requirements … and if many citizens detest George W. Bush and cohort, and all he/they stand for ... then whose fault is that?

As for them being Marines, well if Kerry is elected, guess what, he becomes their COMMANDER IN CHIEF, and if these guys know what is good for them, if they have any brains at all, they’ll show a lot more respect and attention to this possible impending fact, despite their petty personal electoral persuasion.

That’s how constitutional democracy works, that is what you are or were PAID to defend and uphold; if you wanted a military dictatorship then emigrate to Mainland China; or perhaps you feel that you personally know better than the people who set it up your constitutional democracy? … you know, the system that feeds and cloths you, and provides you weapons, training and a fat pay cheque, and without which you would be just so much poor trailer-trash.

Like you said, political posts are a VERY bad idea, dumb and inflamatory, and that is why it is against the rules of most orderly forums.

Edited by finiteless

As for them being Marines, well if Kerry is elected, guess what, he becomes  their COMMANDER IN CHIEF, and if these guys know what is good for them, if they have any brains at all, they’ll show a lot more respect and attention to this possible impending fact, despite their petty personal electoral persuasion.

That’s how constitutional democracy works, that is what you are or were PAID to defend and uphold; if you wanted a military dictatorship then emigrate to Mainland China; or perhaps you feel that you personally know better than the people who set it up your constitutional democracy? … you know, the system that feeds and cloths you, and provides you weapons, training and a fat pay cheque, and without which you would be just so much poor trailer-trash.

Like you said, political posts are a VERY bad idea, dumb and inflamatory, and that is why it is against the rules of most orderly forums.

got a newsflash for you,they can Think whatever they want to think,they are NOT robots,the only thing they HAVE to do is respect the OFFICE not the guy in it,same as for rank above them..as for brains,I think they do have them,and use them..their 'petty' electoral persuasion is THEIR RIGHT of FREE SPEECH and association......IF the guy gets elected he WILL get the Respect due to his OFFICE but NO ONE has to like him as a person,THAT goes for ANY politician or General or Admiral...constitutional democracy,gee is that why libs dem and their buds say President Bush was NOT elected? as for mainland china,I think as a American Citizen I have Freedom of Speech,of Thought and of formulating my own ideas,as a Vietnam Veteran I KNOW what the guy DID to harm us,he had EVERY freedom of speech,but if he KNEW about attrocities he ought have brought up CHARGES,if he took part in them he ought be BROUGHT up on them as there is NO statute of limitations on war crimes..a 'fat' paycheck?????? that comment deserves be TOTALLY ignored,those who KNOW know better.as for trailer trash,somehow I NEVER felt I was trash,of ANY kind........yes I agree bout the post,but at times they CAN be interesting,as long as its NOT kept to a personal level,the conversation WAS in generalities,not political ideas but thoughts about a person.....this forum IS rather orderly,adults mostly...actually it is to Protect,Uphold and Defend the CONSTITUTION of the United States against ALL enemies Foreign and Domestic..the folks that set up the constitution were not perfect,they DID leave a few things unsaid,undone(like slavery,being All Men are Created equal),so No I dont know better..

Glad to hear it.

P.S. Compaired to what 95% of humanity gets paid, it is a VERY fat pay cheque.

A fat pay check?

Hey Dagger, Beer, Firehawkordy, and all you vets......have I missed something here?

He must be referring to another country.

As for being trailer trash?

I won't even dignify that with a response. However, you may assume I am thinking some profane thoughts.

Navy Chief

A little political humor:

How do you tell the difference between Democrats, Republicans, and Southerners?

Answer: Pose the following question:

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a wild look in his eyes;

and a huge knife in his hand comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges. You are carrying a

Glock, and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

Democrat Answer:

Well, that's not enough information to answer the question! Does the man look poor or oppressed? Have I ever done anything to him that would

inspire him to attack? Could we run away? What does my wife think? What about the kids? Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the

knife out of his hand? What does the law say about this situation? What would the ACLU say? Does the Glock have appropriate safety built into

it? Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children? Is it possible he'd be happy

with just killing me? Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me? If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could

my family get away while he was stabbing me? Should I call 9-1-1? Why is this street so deserted? We need to raise taxes, have a paint and weed

day and make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior.

Republican Answer:

BANG!

Southerner's Answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click....(sounds of reloading).

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click.

Daughter: "Nice grouping, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips or Black Talon Hollow Points??

Heh, heh, heh,....

Navy Chief

Should I call 9-1-1? Why is this street so deserted? We need to raise taxes, have a paint and weed

day and make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior.

maybe talk to the un,ask for international help.....build a co-alition!!,how do I know it is a knife? how do I know it is a weapon at all?....

A fat pay check?

Hey Dagger, Beer, Firehawkordy, and all you vets......have I missed something here?

He must be referring to another country.

As for being trailer trash?

I won't even dignify that with a response.  However, you may assume I am thinking some profane thoughts.

Navy Chief

Any reply that I were to make to this drivel would be pouring gas onto a fire.

I never served for the money, I served because it is an honor to protect this country. Case closed, and by the way, I am not trailer trash, I served with honor and upheld my oaths. Trailer trash is what we weed out and send home. But you would know that if you ever were in the service.

IYAOYAS !!!!!!!!!

The reason I served.

By the way,

That IYAOYAS, was not ment to be friendly :angry:

Just because you were or are in a branch of the US military is no open licence to publicly fester and promote the most stupid, redneck and retrograde violent anti-social views—what is it you think you are, or were, being paid to defend by that military?

You guys like to talk of ‘honour’, and I don’t see a scrap of it in any of your comments.

this guy is trolling, MJ please lock this thread.

No, it's not a troll at all, I am a serious poster, and I don't like what I am reading is all.

Hey look pal, I'm a Democrat, and you know what, Chief has every right to post whatever the hell he wants here, IT'S A PUB. If you don't like whats here, don't read, it's just some humor from the other side, get over it.

Edited by CowboyTodd41

I think the whole thread needs to cool down. Thanks guys.

Hey look pal, I'm a Democrat, and you know what, Chief has every right to post whatever the hell he wants here, IT'S A PUB. If you don't like whats here, don't read, it's just some humor from the other side, get over it.

I don't mind who you prefer to vote for, that's not objectionable to me at all, but this is a public international sim/gaming forum, not just the domain of a few rednecks with militant ultra-violent social attitudes.

That's what I object to; and no "hey pal" or "here's a newsflash buddy", or other less creditable daft acronyms are going to alter that.

Dude, you have 29 posts, you haven't been here that long. These types of posts having been going on as long as I can remember and no one, especially you, is going to change that. The Pub is our off-topic forum, anything goes in here as long as it's appropriate, and seeing how this is a site based in America, and this post ws started by an American, anyone can post pretty much whatever they please.

Alright guys, this is why I discourage politics discussions in the forums, they alway, ALWAYS end up with one side pissed off at the other. I always let them stay open until the namecalling and yelling starts, but it always ends up getting out of hand. :rolleyes:

Consider this the friendly warning, and the topic is closed. If you guys want to continue this, please take it to PM or email.