Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

Ok, I've looked everywhere for this...

Been having some issues with the F-22 for SF2E... For some odd reason, I can't seem to launch an AHM from the weapon bays. Occassionally I do get a successful release, but that's after constantly pressing down on the weapon's fire button. However, IRMs don't seem to have a problem at all, and I do not have this problem with both AHM and IRM on the F-35. I've tried copying and pasting certain .ini lines from the F-35 to the F-22 but I don't get any positive results. I've tried looking all over the forums to find a solution to this problem. And before someone asks me, I am going through the proper steps to get a weapons lock on the target. Is it an issue where I just have to re-install the aircraft?

sounds more like a prob with the missile

I think I've encountered some amraams which didnt work as expected

was along time ago though and I dont remember details

sounds more like a prob with the missile

I think I've encountered some amraams which didnt work as expected

was along time ago though and I dont remember details

The funny thing is that the F-35 doesn't have a problem at all.

Is it something to do with the weapon bay doors? Are they automatic or manual?

I've run into the same issue, though I haven't flown the F-22 in a while..

Is it something to do with the weapon bay doors? Are they automatic or manual?

They're automatic, both on the F-22 and F-35.

Edited by serverandenforcer

I think I found the problem. It seems that the doors do not want to open when they're called to do so. I made a temporary solution by just making them manual and programing my joystick to call the doors to open and fire the weapon at the same time. However, SF2E does not like that kind of macro operation, and after a while will refuse to acknowledge the manual command to open the doors.

EDIT....

It now seems that the macro operatoins have been completely rejected. So now I'm trying to figure out to solve the problem with how this aircraft was originally meant to be for the game.

Dave

You have to press and hold down the button and then it will release. Its a delayed release. I can do it 100% of the time. Mashing the buttons will not get you a release.

Dave

You have to press and hold down the button and then it will release. Its a delayed release. I can do it 100% of the time. Mashing the buttons will not get you a release.

Dang it! Why did I forget that? It's been a long time since I've played this game. Also found something interesting. Despite being within the maximum range of the missile, I can't seem to fire off an AMRAAM untill the target is a lot closer... like around 20NM. That's different from SFP1, where once the target was within the maximum range of the missile, you could fire it off... not nescessarily hit the target, but you could fire it off. I like this method better cause the missile will fire right when it's within range of a guranteed hit. Not too shabby... sort of sucked for me to figure that out though 'cause my thumb got tired from holding down the button. Tried it several times to see if that was the case too.

Once you are locked, press, hold and Fido will go fetch em for yeah. Good boy Fido, good boy.

Once you are locked, press, hold and Fido will go fetch em for yeah. Good boy Fido, good boy.

Well, once I was locked, I was holding down for a good 5 minutes, and once the target dropped around 23NM fido took off.

I just upgraded to the SF2 series and have been having the exact same problem with the Raptor. Neither button-mashing or button-holding was getting AHMs to launch on my end.

I looked through the data.ini's of other aircraft with automatic doors, particularly the F-35 which is working perfectly for me, and on a hunch I added a line to the F-22's [MissileBayInner] and [MissileBayOuter] blocks:

MovingPylon=TRUE

...And inexplicably it's working perfectly now! good.gif I hope the same thing works for you too.

I at one point had problems with the F-22's Bay's as well. Take a look at the "Modified Missiles" 7zip file I attached to this post. It contains an AIM-120A, AIM-120B, and AIM-120C, meant for use in the F-22's missile bays. I also included the slightly modified version of the "Weapon Stations" entry in the F-22A_DATA.ini that I use in conjunction with them. Just remember to back up the F-22A_DATA.INI before you change it. grin.gif

See how my modified version does for you.