Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

A game/terrain ? for everyone...

Out of curiosity, how many of you all have either SFP1 (patched to 08) or SF2 (patched to 6/10)?

The reason I ask, is that a (hopefully) soon-to-be-relased terrain mod will require the desert cat from either of those games. In a pinch, the GermanyCE cat from WoE/SF2E could probably be used, as all the tiles are included (well,sort of -- one would need to download the 'original' WW2 version of the terrain FIRST, then add this ini/object pak)

Or, would it be better to just upload the entire terrain? That not big a deal; I'd just have to remove the static WW2 planes lods and bmps.

Just want to see if, you know, it'll be a feasable thing for The Great War crowd.

please respond below

TIA! :good:

wrench

kevin stein

Must admit I run both SF1 has some great campaigns that I still use plus I like the old Merc Campaign in SF1... so I patch to 08 and it works great... Also I would be interested in knowing what this release is :grin: but hey as always I will go and wait with patience at the bar...

Edited by Slartibartfast

I've got both: SF Gold collects dust, SF2 doesn't :grin:

I have both,and would certainly try this.

I'm a recent arrival, but I have FEG, FE2 and SFP1. Exploring and patching all three, but mostly involved in FEG only because it works best with my poor ol' Celeron, which will one day be replaced with something slicker.

In any case after aircraft, terrain matters most, particularly for WW1 sims and while the selection of terrains for FE are already great, there will always be room for new terrains. Bring it on.

Cheers Grinseed

then isnt it time for a name change?

Yeah, I've been considering it a lot lately, don't wanna disappoint my parents though :lol:

Since I'm a long time player of the TK series, I have the SF1 '06, '08, FE1 '08 and the current FE2 & SF2 series, that way I can play anything. But if you are asking, it's probably best to include the whole package for all the newcomers that do not have all the past SF1/SF2 items necessary for some mods.

Edited by Panama Red

i run both SF1 and SF2 with the latest patch and im always thankful for new terrains especially your excellent mod´s :drinks:

Thank you gents!

Yah, I think I'll just do it a the full terrain, the difference of only 20-40 megs, and removing the unnecessary lods/bmps only took a minuite.

The problem was the 'size', fortunatly (iirc), it's not the real life fullsized version of the original terrain (i think!), and a lot of airbases "to the west of a physical geographic/geological feature" have been removed, to keep the action closer, given the exceddingly short range of these aircraft (I'm more used to WW2 birds with MCUH longer legs). Mind you, it's not fully historical for the region (ie: parts that were in enemy hand in Real Life ™, are British controled. However, that is easily fixed (but would requrie a lot more work on the targets ini to remove some RA posts and such, and rebuild some of movements ini to compensate.

Now, if we could just get TK to turn on the shipping lanes ......

wrench

kevin stein