Sign in to follow this  
peterbezemer

SF2 Expansion2 + Nato Fighters

Hello,

I just bought the SF2E expansion,

I alway have had the Nato Fighters 4 mod on SF2E

Now, it looks like NF4 overrides the new features of SF2-Exp2, such as the EE Lightnings in the campaigns, is that right?

If that's the problem, can someone tell me how to fix it?, should I extract the Exp2 campaign files and compare and merge them with the NF4 stuff?

thanks,

Peter

edit: an official NF4 update would also be nice, but if I can help myself its ok.

edit2: which files should I extract? those in the flight folder?

Edited by peterbezemer

Im going to talk to eburger and hgbn on this so we can release a patch for it. So please stand by.

• Like 1

Dave i was gonna joke bout a nf5 release when i realized : how much is having a stock 4th campaign gonna screw with NF4+? i know its still new developments and being looked at just another thought on the matter.

... Actually, a NF that focused more on the 50:ies Era would be awesome. Esp as the 56 Campaign has dandy little of the actual NATO Fighters that are not France, UK and USA...

Edited by JonathanRL

i have some ideas for a NF5 like im sure we all do. first battle first; figure out how EXP2 messes with NF4+ and report in. dont b!^ch about it just run it and help the guys that can fix the mod.

@jonathan not meanin to bite ya head off or nothin just think NF5 ideas should be a seperate thread after we see how this new pack works as a whole and how it affects other mods.

Here is my vision that I need to dicuss with the other NF4 team.

1. Amped up 1956 campaign, if needed I suspect TK might of done all the work for us. We would just add additional units to it.

2. Scrub the current NF4's campaigns and add new items to it accordingly. i.e. weapons, planes and with the F-84 super pack out add units from those. Going to pick Soulfreaks brain on that one.

3. Using the mission editor, I want to create a couple of special interest missions in which the stakes are high and it will take skill to get the mission done and get you home. I'm still brain storming that idea.

NF5? Not needed really, just build off NF4+

• Like 1

Im going to talk to eburger and hgbn on this so we can release a patch for it. So please stand by.

thanks for the quick response

ok, i'll wait 'two weeks' thenyes3.gif

when I do it myself it's going to be a big mess I think...

(SF1 was actualy easier, extract everything, edit anythingwink2.gif)

oh, and there's also a non-official Lightning F6 in NF4, can be excanged for the thirdwire one i think...

I'll be waiting, thanks!

Dave,

As soon as TK releases the hot fix, I was going to take a stab at merging the new campaign entries in with NF4+ (I already started a little). I could share those as a "NF4+ quick fix" sort of thing just so people can continue using NF4+ with the new exp pack. I'd leave the major update up to the NF4+ team. Or if you prefer I can just wait for the NF4+ team to do something official.

• Like 1

One conflict I found right away was the 1986 campaign for NF4+ overwrote the 1956 campaign from xp2.

I renamed 1986 to campaigne5 and 1956 showed up. Depending on how long you guys take, I may simply merge the changes myself. But I suspect I won't have time to play around with anything until finals are over (TK always has the worst timing!) and by then you guys will be done with at least an identical quick fix to include the XP2 stuff in NF.

• Like 1

another conflict, Red Top and Firestreak missiles, I you select the saudi Lightning F.53, those missiles do not show up in the loadout

Malibu43

Was going to ask you to start the campaign updates since it the simplest and I ask eburger and hgbn what they want for additions. :good:

Peter

You can swap out the Lightnings easily.

Dave quick in service dates check on century series shows mainly F-100A in service with USAF let alone USAFE in late 56. an NF4 treated 56 campaign could have more pre- Century Series birds represented. before posting about the clash between NF4 campaign 4 nd the new 56 campaign i was thinking a 56 campaign treated up by you guys could feature some reskinned birds you guys are workin on for the new Korea(after it's release of course) USAFE was using B-26 out of france, F-84 (F and G), many variants of Sabre and might've still had some F-80, though definately some T-33. B-57 would come into play and might be a good excuse (pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaase) to rework a F-47 or too(France, Italy) what looks like a good resource would be a book (i'm droppin hints on it for christmas like crazy) Before Centuries: USAFE Fighters 1948-1959, if anyone has access. just some thoughts.

Edited by daddyairplanes

I need that book, or a pdf of it I can buy somewhere too. Would be great to see that and what all NATO countries were flying in 1956.

W00t? So everything else is working? No effect shader switching, ini dancing, etc needed?

Niiiiiiiice :good:

huuh I have tons of ideas to make a splendid 56 campaign :cool: However some of the stuff I want to include isn't available yet..... But it will be, when KAW is released. Actually C5 and I was discussing and planing a 56-57 campaign for NF5 almost 2 years ago.

I need that book, or a pdf of it I can buy somewhere too. Would be great to see that and what all NATO countries were flying in 1956.

starting at 13.99 used, 24.99 on Amazon. like i said been dropped REAL unsubtle hints to the wife tho i doubt i will get it. prob get slippers to replace my sandals from last year tho instead:dntknw: boook has sneek peek feature on amazon looks damn good

@hgbn everytime i see another preview for KAW i dont think cool korea, i wonder how hard it'll be to adjust the skin to USAFE skins, esp the new F-80C! as much as KAW looks like it'll kick butt, an NF4+/NF5 addition with much of what i've seen would be awesome

at all folks interested..... Meteor, Spitfire, F-84E/F/G, and Dog Sabre were widely used throughout Europe post war. hell even yugoslavia used the american jets!

Edited by daddyairplanes

That's one of the very nice things to come out of the KAW mod.. Stuff that can be used world wide.. Europe, Cuba, South America even early Vietnam.. Even the WWII freaks can take advantage of some of the new stuff.

One of the things I really hope we get working properly with the new exp pack is the F86D/L and some of the other aircraft which relied on unguided rockets as their main air to air weapon system.... Since it was such a highly used weapon system for interception of bombers...

Malibu43

Was going to ask you to start the campaign updates since it the simplest and I ask eburger and hgbn what they want for additions. :good:

Peter

You can swap out the Lightnings easily.

Sounds good. I'll work on that tonight.

*edit* - I just took a look at the differences, and there are more than I thought there would be. MissionChance entries have been changed, squadron naming convention is different in some cases, etc... So this won't be nearly as quick as I thought it would. I will plug away at it if I have time, but may take a while. If someone else is going to work on additional NF4+ campaign updates, it may not make sense to work on both of these in parallel, and instead just focus on the final update.

Edited by malibu43

Malibu

I want to keep you as the focal point for the campaign changes. Is that cool with you and we are in no hurry.

for general knowledge guys the squadronlist ini is way changed up esp from NF4. new stock list goes to 287 whereas NF4+ went to 305 the point of divergence is number 241. also shot my F-4 stick skin/decal mod to hell as i used the sq. list ini and based offa NF4+'s. if you want could start renumbering squadrons from NF4 to the new list

Edited by daddyairplanes

Malibu

I want to keep you as the focal point for the campaign changes. Is that cool with you and we are in no hurry.

Yep! I know how I'll spend my lunch breaks this week! :biggrin:

Edited by malibu43

for general knowledge guys the squadronlist ini is way changed up esp from NF4. new stock list goes to 287 whereas NF4+ went to 305 the point of divergence is number 241. also shot my F-4 stick skin/decal mod to hell as i used the sq. list ini and based offa NF4+'s. if you want could start renumbering squadrons from NF4 to the new list

DA

I would build off the current NF4 one and add until you get tired of it.

thanks for general directions Dave. however the new stock SQlist adds ALOT more French and RAF units to the mix and so the NF4 list need to be readjusted to not screw up the stock system. in that case the second of the lists i sent sounds to be the best fit. i shifted NF units in place of the isreali units then added the remainder at the end of the list. dunno who all you might wanna add esp for the 56 campaign will take a bit of research on that there

In that case I would build off the new EX2 list and add anything missing from NF4+ to it. :yikes:

• Like 1