Sign in to follow this  
EricJ

Small Review on Monty CZ's L-39 Albatross

Monty CZ has been (as we all know) working on the Aero L-39 Albatross trainer/light attack aircraft.

Install:

It's easy as just putting the folders where they belong. Decals and the fuel tanks is per Strike Fighters 2 drag and drop configuration, and then fire the game up :smile:

First Impressions.

Overall when you sit in the cockpit of the aircraft, you'll see a well modeled and well textured cockpit. The lights for most of the functions are present, and correspond to what they're supposed to do (see attached technical manual). Major differences of course is that the L-39ZA and -Z0 configurations have a very basic gunsight modeled for basic gun and rocket use. Textures are simply beautiful, but are high resolution 2048 x 2048 so if you're using a slower machine, changing the files to a smaller resolution may work for you. This applies both externally and internally where Monty spent a good deal of time to work on it. It feels polished, and to some degree like a real plane should.

Flying.

Being a faster jet flyer, I admittedly have to re-adjust my mind to the fact that I will move slower. But in reality it doesn't detract from flying the aircraft, as if you read the attached technical manual by Monty himself, then you will have no problems. Handling is standard fare, and admittedly I don't have that much (none really) experience in a real life Albatross. But that's okay, because it feels like how the plane flies, and if you can get that, then I would guess that it's close enough. It's highly advised to read the flight manual, but towards finals I forgot the most important part, was to keep it at the minimum of 70% of throttle to stay aloft. I managed to nurse the jet in at 50% with two tanks and two Atolls. So I'd take some time and get to learn the aircraft and how it handles as it's nicely done and honestly nice to just fly rather than always shoot things up. However, once the aircraft gets some speed life is good and it handles well, despite its age.

For the shooters though, it is a lightly armed aircraft and all versions can carry a modicum of rockets and bombs but remember it is a light attack plane, but since it's such lightly armed assymetric loads are possible. As per the mission I used I had various options available to me, but again, it's a light trainer and that's fine for me. It's just a plane you can fire up and fly just to have fun and more than likely I'll even fly it often on just to have some fun. And that's the whole thing in a nutshell.

technical manual.pdf

post-5735-043375200 1291756229.jpg

post-5735-008248600 1291756245.jpg

I can connfirm Erics report, to fly Montys Albatros is a joy, you can watch the bird flybye. Move around the sky and land safely with just simulated crosswind, it`s an realy easy and forgiving Aircraft! textures as mentioned are great, 3D work quality is great also! I love the small details, the very good cockpit and czech language in SF2 world :D

You guys will be happy when it`s released!!!!

:good:

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

So you can be happy, because Ive just released it :-)

(avaiting approval)

Monty CZ

• Like 1

Ihttp://combatace.com/files/file/11563-aero-l-39-czoza-albatros-add-on-pack/

Its approved. Thank you sir.

Eric, Monty, how much was the bribe for sponsored review..? C'mon, spill the beans :huh:

:wink:

jokes aside, I'm downloading this beauty as we speak! Why so sloow... :sad:

MontyCZ, you did it again! :clapping:

Haha nothing really, I didn't expect him to let me try it out :smile:

But hey I'm always up for paid reviews :)

Hey, has anyone had any issues with the aircraft shadow not showing for any of the models?

I'm getting shadows for the pilots, seats, weapons and some aerials but not the aircraft.

TIA

Dels

i got no problem with this girl and it is just awesome as miz ( i am the miz and i am awesome grin.gif ) it has problem with FEB10 patch that the cockpit's glasses doesn't show up

thanks montygood.gif