Sign in to follow this  
VA27Badger

Correct Folder Structure?

I have been reading some of the readme files for the mods in the downloads sections and a few of them are getting me confused. Can someone post a screen of their proper folder structure in their game. I cant figure out if we are suppose to have a folder named Mods or Mod in our game, I not sure whether I need to have a folder named Terrains or Terrain in my main game folder. Can I get some of the pilots help who have experience with this.....

The "Mod" folder is found in User/Saved Games/Thirdwire/SF2GameYouBought

The "Terrains" folder when installed does not exist, you have to create it on your own and it will recognize it.

post-5735-034605400 1292799025.jpg

OK but is it named Terrains or Terrain. And there is no folder named Mod then in your game. Its not like IL2 folder structure then.

**Edited*** Then each game you have installed should have a folder named Terrains in it correct! And the Mods folder that your referring to is the other folder that's installed by the game in your User/Saved Games/Thirdwire Folder not the Program Files/Thirwire folder. I got that part. Thanks

Edited by 177thBadger

Terrains, plural.

The "mods folder" IS that jazz you find in the /SavedGames/yahdahad/and/soforth/. It's acuatlly the folder WHERE all the user accessable 'stuff' is.

The 2 screenies below are pretty self-explanitory.

The folder/file structrue for all the 'goodies' is EXACTLY like the 1stGen versions, it just they're now somewhere else; and the 'core' operations files (exes, dlls, cats,etc) are now safe in the /programfiles(x86) folder. The stuff you NEVER touch, unless running an official patch, or creating a stand-alone install.

wrench

kevin stein

I KNOW this is covered in the KB somewhere....

Terrains, plural.

The "mods folder" IS that jazz you find in the /SavedGames/yahdahad/and/soforth/. It's acuatlly the folder WHERE all the user accessable 'stuff' is.

The 2 screenies below are pretty self-explanitory.

The folder/file structrue for all the 'goodies' is EXACTLY like the 1stGen versions, it just they're now somewhere else; and the 'core' operations files (exes, dlls, cats,etc) are now safe in the /programfiles(x86) folder. The stuff you NEVER touch, unless running an official patch, or creating a stand-alone install.

wrench

kevin stein

I KNOW this is covered in the KB somewhere....

Sir,

My eyes are watery just by looking at your "Indo/Pak", "Iran/Iraq", and "KAW" this.gifgood.gif Next year would be an excellent year! Salute.gif

what you can't see are the ones in the '1-mods storage folder' -- bascially, just someplace to stick stuff I didn't want getting in the way, like the WW2 installs. With all them broken airplanes ... sigh.....

wrench

kevin stein

it's the verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry old WoVSqmd, a mission builder. With a quick rename of the folder and the exe, it's usable in any and all version of the game, including SF2.

Basically, I use for plotting front lines in terrains, and GA/Truck routes for the movements ini. Never learned how to build mission with it though

wrench

kevin stein