Sign in to follow this  

Hi team, having only just purchased SF2 I/E/V I am a little bit confused after just watching a SF2 Vietnam movie on Youtube where all the enemy red target labels seemed to be missing which I thought made the game look a bit better especially if there are that many targets around you cannot see what is actually below. Is there a mod to remove the target labels or even a default key, i have read through the manual a few times but found nothing other than how to lock on to a target.

Also is there a way of zooming out and scrolling around the map, i find I can zoom out so far but not actually move around the map to see whats ahead of me?

Bearing in mind I have ony had the game for 2 days it is completely stock with no mods included, I will eventually begin modding the game once I am actually skilled enough to keep my ass in the cockpit and not spend my time floating through the air in a parachute with bullet holes in my flightsuit.

Any advice on these questions will be much appreciated :salute:

Edited by GunnySonics

Visual Targeting at "Hard" will remove the targeting boxes.

Set your Difficulty to "Custom" to adjust this.

Edited by JonathanRL

Extract this from the 7z file (you'll need 7z for the majority of the mods here anyways) and put this file in your Flight in the User/Saved Games/Thirdwire/SF2Game/Flight folder.

I have it set pretty high which allows me what you're looking for as obviously the default is horrible.

The setting you're editing is [MapSettings] and it takes some tweaking but as said these values are what I like.

FLIGHTENGINE.7z

unfortunately, you can't scroll around the in-flight map. It stays centered on 'your' flight. You can zoom in and out (usually with the right & left moose buttons)

However, if you really want to wander around and see the sights, you can pause the game (alt/p), and use the free camera view (F12) and use the moose to 'fly' around and look at stuff. That's a very handy thing, for us terrain/targets guys!

wrench

kevin stein

Many thanks for the quick reply guys, thats just the answers I was looking for!! :grin:

and use the free camera view (F12) and use the moose to 'fly' around and look at stuff.

wrench

kevin stein

Where you get flying moose?

I have flying squirrel, no moose.

Share, comrade?

(To be enunciated with Boris Batinoff voice)

:grin:

Moose.jpg

don't have it, unfortunately, but Geo has one

wrench

kevin stein

Dang.

I should have known my joke would back-fire, as you truly have meese, or mooses, or, whatever the plural is...

:blink:

Visual Targeting at "Hard" will remove the targeting boxes.

Set your Difficulty to "Custom" to adjust this.

Also, Alt+D cycles through HUD display modes, and the third one removes all the HUD info altogether. This is an alternative to changing the HUD setting, which would allow you to still have the HUD information available, if/when you want it.