Sign in to follow this  
Bongodriver

Ok I've read alot of threads on Exp 2 bugs, but......

I just looked at the nozzles again, noticed that full range on my hardware doesn't give me full range in game....i.e. lever back is 23% thrust and lever full forward is 80% thrust, both me and Ant are using Logitech G940's, but I have to say the animation is still stoofed despite this finding.

I suspect new bugs could've been introduced when TK is trying to implement new features and fix old bugs.

Which not all have been noticed/reported by the players yet.

This might be one..

The chaffs, I thought it was an effects mod gone haywire on my side.. but I got the same as yours, If these are implemented as tga's, then it could be because TK's messing around with that code, for the props issue..

OK........calibration is a wonderfull thing, the Throttle thing is ok now :doh: , but I'm still convinced the animation has been affected somehow, also managed to narrow down the weird shadowy thing to the bottom beacon lense, it is making weird artefacts that that shoot out in all directions, but the flare and chaff thing is probably as pureblue says.

Same problems with chaff here too. I noticed starting after 2010-C. Nivida 240

Guess we should add it to the Bugs List

wrench

kevin stein

Looks like little fire works....its cute. :lol:

Ill check it when I get home and report back.

I've noticed some reversed nozzle animations on some planes lately, but I've not done enough checking to know if it's the patch (I'm still on Dec-B) or just a mistake in the planes itself, perhaps in the porting some had from SF1 to SF2. Specifically, I mean the nozzle opening wider as dry thrust increases instead of getting narrower and opening to max at full AB.

Could do with more feedback from ATI users, like I say mine looks fine.

Yeah the chaff looks odd but its not totally wrong either. I mean lets see, cant take off from an airbase, or the chaff looks odd....hmm which is the biggest showstopper? :dntknw:

img00315.JPG

True...by comparison it's not the big showstopper but we wouldn't want it overlooked on the next 'fix'

Well, I've done some testing and I've noticed the chaff and flare effects...specifically the flare effects are a little strange.

As far as the nozzle goes, the only thing I've noticed is they seem to nick down a little early in military power (not real early, but a bit early) but schedules okay in AB.

However, the strange thing I've noticed is that if there is more than one aircraft LOD, when it switches to the lower level LOD, the nozzle animation goes to full open (instantly), no matter what power setting. Doesn't matter which version of the exporter I use, the action is consistent. I noticed something similiar on my T-38A/F-5B models sometime ago, but never quite figured it out. And if I only use one model, the error doesn't occur.

FC

So at least I'm not imagining things with the nozzle, I tought it was subtle but I was positive something was up, did you launch a stick of chaff and flare together? if you do you will see some of the chaff texture being used in the flare effect if you know what I mean.

what on earth did TK do to mess up tailpipe animations? effects shaders I can understand.