Sign in to follow this  
VA27Badger

Used Catpack and now games dont start up?

Hey Guys,

Last night I used the Catpack extractor for the cat files and made sure that I copied and pasted them (cat files) to a separate folder on my desktop first, then I extracted them to that new folder. I wanted to add the data file for the F-4B so I could change the exhaust emitter and once I did that now none of my games start up they just sit at the startup black screen forever. Is there something to do to fix this or does this take a long time to load. I cant understand how it works fine one minute and then nothing the next. I took out the data file and still nothing but a black startup screen. Any help on this would be great.

Are you sure that you did not CUT and paste instead? Double check the folders.

Recheck the /Progarm Files(x86)/Third Wire/SF2/Objects folder and make sure ALL the objectdatacats are still there.

Just in case you mistakenly did a CUT/Paste .... thereby accidently (re)moving them from the core install.

if youd didn't delete after extrction, just move the cats back. If they're gone .....

only a reinstall will bring them back

wrench

kevin stein

Well I checked and they are there, except number five. Is there a number 5 cat file 1-18 except #5....

Its working again I swear I have a gremlin in my sys. Anyway thanks guys for the feedback