LMAO good point but there will be a cold day in hell when I do that for a PC game again lol

Now the thing is, the deal with Ubi ruined this. For the love of God I can't understand why didn't 1C choose to distribute the game via digital download by themselves and release it as they see fit...

Considering all that I can not miss to express my concern about the future of this game, who knows what will happen with it, I hope they will overcome this mess...

close but wrong! Make own small Oleg/Luthier shrine in your dining room, that should help!

realy sad, as it's addictive... even as 3 vs 3 dogfights over Channel

close but wrong! Make own small Oleg/Luthier shrine in your dining room, that should help!

Concerning the original il2, there's a reason people do that buddy. A very good reason.

However, who ever can defend CoD in this state is waaaaaaaaaay across the uber-fanboy line...

Well I installed the patch and err... nothing's really changed! Still at least it runs.

I think I'm going to make a conscious effort not to waste my weekend trying to get this to work when I could be out with the 3 dimensional people! I'm hoping if I leave it a few weeks they'll have the patch sorted properly and I can go back to figuring out why I'm such a bad shot...

Concerning the original il2, there's a reason people do that buddy. A very good reason.

However, who ever can defend CoD in this state is waaaaaaaaaay across the uber-fanboy line...

That's true, looking at into what original transformed all these years (playing UP201 and 4.101m+HSFX 5) I still hope CloDo will make it, but it doesn't have that "WOW" factor anymore with such porked release. And I'm tired of new sims that require year of patching to become playable. In the good old days sims were working out of the box.

Well, except Falcon 3.

And Falcon 4.

ok, most of them then :tongue:

after some tweaking and running for some time overall performance is more steady meaning less sudden fps drops near the bombers etc, but the stutter is still there, and flying over land is still not an option no matter the level of detail, not to mention dogfighting there.

Some shots, notice the fraps framerates...

Testing the DM I noticed some oddities, for example hammering other aircratf head on causes my plane to magically disappear without a trace (or fireball) while the other plane tends to fly like nothing happened, with no visible damage. Check the Spit vs. 110 collision above. All on high difficulty except engine management.

Out of interest, does anyone else think the rivers are generally too wide? Flying past the Isle of Wight it looked like the place was flooded, whereas in real life you can't really make out the streams on there from 1000' up. Similarly the mainland looks a bit waterlogged to me as well. Thoughts?

Luthier believes in the rise of sea level due to global warming and back-projected it to 1940?? :wink:

Out of interest, does anyone else think the rivers are generally too wide? Flying past the Isle of Wight it looked like the place was flooded, whereas in real life you can't really make out the streams on there from 1000' up. Similarly the mainland looks a bit waterlogged to me as well. Thoughts?

Don't know, never even been anywhere near England. However I know they made the terrain with help of imagery from 1940's, how accurately they did it - I don't know. I've never been out of the Continent

Dunno about the rivers, but the midday terrain palette is tad too bright for me, at dawn or sunet it's spot on though

one more worth trying -lowering resolution from my native 1280x1024 to 1024x768 gives BIG performance boost in small dogfights, from 15-20 to up to 40 fps

:lol:

Kegetys released two mods that makes it finally playable on my humble lower-end system (damn! it was a Crysis killer three years ago)

first one are downscaled textures of many objects, the second one disables ssao (I noticed no difference in terms of visuals) and gives about 50%-100% more frames for me :good:

www.kegetys.net

For anyone that is an off liner like me and are wondering, the "campaign" and I use that term loosely has been reported to be "Bloody Awful". Maybe someday they'll get is straightened out. Or the modders will (who shouldn't have to). Right now it seems like it's an OK, over water dogfighter game.

true, I like it as someone called it over at 1C forum, pun to old title:

SOW=Stay Over Water :rofl:

I haven't tried campaign yet, also purely offline player, but given still the performance over land it is indeed restricted to dogfights over Channel, some 12-15 planes max for me.

What I hate about this title is it's addictive despite it's limitations and bugs

true, I like it as someone called it over at 1C forum, pun to old title:

SOW=Stay Over Water :rofl:

QFT :good::grin:

• Like 1

from what I've read, campaign is quite f***ed up and non-historical melodrama, me I expected something at least on par with Forgotten Battles ones :bad:

I think I'll stay over water for now doing some sqadron-sized dogfights (with not much replayability given there's no QMB as it was in Il2) before it get patches or I get bored with it.

As I understand it, it consists of a series of scripted missions (16?) that culminate with you having to shoot down a "traitor" as he tries to escape in a Spit with a girl in his lap...You have got to be s**tting me :bad: We waited seven years for this?

Yes! Ain't that wunnerfool? :lol:

it seems that i've wasted 50 euros.....buyed but never downloaded,if you guys say that...i will stick close to 1946 for awhile and to WOP and HOE if I want arcade!

what a shame!

and if somebody want a reason to justfy the dead of flight simming,this is the answer.

OT: HOE? Heroes Over Europe? I've seen it at local store, how is it?

a pure arcade game,born just to be that,but funny if you don't expect too much from it,I like the "accuracy shots" to see the damages in other planes,mp is funny but I repeat,It's an arcade game!but missions can space trough all ww2,and the graphics are ok!

thanks, after searching the web I'll skip it

back on topic:

4.101 + HSFX 5.0 = 64 planes in QMB with constant 60+ fps over beautiful custom Channel map, COD = 4 vs 4 planes over the water @20-30 stuttering...

:idea: I'd gladly pay some cash for patch that adds self-shadowing to Il2 1946, the rest is fine there

SAS are working on it, amongst other mod groups. There's some optimism that I can get done.