Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

OT: What's your 2011 game "Must Have" list?

1 Rage from ID Software

2 DeadSpace 2

3 OFF P4

4 Crysis 2

5 Cliff over Dover

6 A10 Warthog from DCS

7 Diablo 3

8 Singleplayer campaign for ROF

9 Homefront (FPS)

Cheers

m

In no particular order....all are must haves for me...CM:BN would probably sneak top though...

1. OFF Phase 4

2. Red Orchestra 2

3. Combat Mission: Beyond Normandy

4. IL2: Cliffs of Dover (want to see reviews first though)

My List is as follows...

1. Kawasaki ZZR1200 (Best game ever)

2. P4 when it comes out...

3. errr whatever takes my fancy.

But this year I want a Motorbike to keep the blues at bay in Summer... yes I know its not a Video Game...

Edited by Slartibartfast

All those above are great choices. I'm looking forward to "The Heart of the Swarm", the Starcraft II, Part 2 of 3, which may be out late this year.

But I can't belive that nobody mentioned "Duke Nukem Forever". We've only been waiting on this for 15 years. And every year, the release has been promised "very soon". I know we'll get it this time...:rofl:

Edited by NS13Jarhead

Morris, the video I saw about RAGE looked very promising!

Listen I'd bet Duke will be the big dissapointment of 2011...nothing can match 13 years of anticipation....and judging by the trailer I'd say it looks standard FPS fare...with some quirky nut bashing...that will I'm sure soon become old hat...

Duke was the first game I ever played multi player...me and my mate shared a house and we linked up our PC's...for some P vs P action...great fun...

rFactor 2

GTR3 or whatever it will be called

Shogun Total war

Crysis 2

OFF Phase 4

A10 Warthog

IL2 Cliffs Of Dover

Putt Putt Goes ToThe Moon (Adult Edition)

5) A decent new Nascar sim for the PC - EA Sports Nascar Sim Racing 2005 was dire, and they never attempted a follow up so I think a decent Nascar game is 5 years overdue.

Thanks

Rugbyfan1972

Have you tried Arca Sim Racing or one of the rFactor Nascar mods.

Still not as good as Nascar 2003 but not bad at all.

Davy

cities in motion.

paradox have paid attention to detail and some complexity, can't wait for that.

I finally laid my hands on trainz 2010 ee, am waiting on disk.

slim pickings this year.

Have you tried Arca Sim Racing or one of the rFactor Nascar mods.

Still not as good as Nascar 2003 but not bad at all.

Davy

Davy TASB,

I have not tried Arca, i looked at it a while ago but was put off by the forum and people complaining that updates to tracks etc were not being released as advertised. Also the cost of it was putting me off.

What are your opinions of ARCA, is it any good?

Thanks

Rugbyfan1972

Davy TASB,

I have not tried Arca, i looked at it a while ago but was put off by the forum and people complaining that updates to tracks etc were not being released as advertised. Also the cost of it was putting me off.

What are your opinions of ARCA, is it any good?

Thanks

Rugbyfan1972

Like I say Arca is pretty good but not as good as the classic old Nascar Racing 2003 title in my opinion.

Whether Arca is worth buying or not depends on how much you are a fan of Stock Car Racing.

Personally I would stick with or get Papy's Nascar Racing 2003 and get a 2010 skin pack such as this one

(Nascar 2010 skin set ... http://www.speedracin.net/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?9090)

I wont be getting the new Arca title though as they are going down the monthly subscription route a la iRacing.

Bollox to that!

Hope this helps.

Man do I want to get a job in the industry. I want to be you when I get out of school.

I doubt you want to be me: an old, grumpy, gimpy, curmudgeon who drinks a lot :drinks:.

I also don't recommend working in the game industry. Unless you're in deep with some big company, it doesn't pay much and you'll need a day job. If you insist on getting a job in the industry, I strongly adivse you to make games you've got no personal interest in, like say children's games for consoles. This is because by the time you get a game finished, you never want to see the thing again, or anything like it. But you have to because now you've got to provide customer support, which you will come to resent. Don't do that to genres you enjoy.

P4 obviously..But looking forward to Shogun Total War 2 as well

Apart from Flightsims..The Total War series Is great....There's been no mention, but would love to see another Brothers in Arms release too

P4, obviously. But there aren't really that many must-have games for me, usually. If you wait a few months after release, you can get all the new games considerably cheaper and also updated with bug fixes and stuff. But this is only true of the mainstream games. Niche products like OFF are always more expensive, and they sell less than the biggest hits, but do so steadily over a very long period of time. I'd never pay full price for a game that gives me only a few hours of enjoyment with no replayability (like Call of Duty).

I wonder if the new Total War game is Steam only? Their prices are terrible when there's no sale going on.

Damn, I sound like a cheapskate... :grin:

Apart from Flightsims..The Total War series Is great....There's been no mention, but would love to see another Brothers in Arms release too

I would be surprised if they didn't have a new one under development. The Battle of the Bulge, and the fight for Bastogne in particular, is waiting for those airborne guys.

P4 obviously..But looking forward to Shogun Total War 2 as well

Thanks for the tip--I hadn't heard this was in the works, although I've been praying for it for along time. Pre-Shogunate Japan was such a fascinating place for us armchair warlords, and have thought for a long time that they should revisit the original game of the series like they did the 2nd.

I have loved all the TW games except the most recent, which I didn't get due to bad PR.

Total War is fun. My friend and I had quite an epic multiplayer campaign in Napoleon last summer, with me as France and him as Britain. He won it though, the bastard. Royal Navy held Gibraltar, locked my fleet and the Spanish fleet in the Mediterranean. So even though I was RIDICULOUSLY rich from my monopoly on trade there, I had to fight constant wars against the Prussians And Austrians constantly attacking my frontier, until finally British troops landed in France and GAME OVER. Lame. The battles are very fun though, particularly human vs human.

I also don't recommend working in the game industry. Unless you're in deep with some big company, it doesn't pay much and you'll need a day job. If you insist on getting a job in the industry, I strongly adivse you to make games you've got no personal interest in, like say children's games for consoles. This is because by the time you get a game finished, you never want to see the thing again, or anything like it. But you have to because now you've got to provide customer support, which you will come to resent. Don't do that to genres you enjoy.

I appreciate what you're saying! By the time I'm out of school I'll have degrees in Political Science, Business Administration, and Media Art & Game Design. Will have options, so I guess we'll just wait and see :)

Looks like a skin to SC to me....will need to see rviews...best WW! strategy game I've played is WW1 Gold.

Thanks for the tip--I hadn't heard this was in the works, although I've been praying for it for along time. Pre-Shogunate Japan was such a fascinating place for us armchair warlords, and have thought for a long time that they should revisit the original game of the series like they did the 2nd.

I have loved all the TW games except the most recent, which I didn't get due to bad PR.

Do you mean Napoleon Total War?

It's great!...not enough maps for skirmish battles though

Do you mean Napoleon Total War?

It's great!...not enough maps for skirmish battles though

Hmm. Hadn't heard of that one, just the previous Empire. I might have to give it a go then if you say it's good. Folks I know weren't happy with that one so I passed on it.

Empire got a lot of flak, deservedly because it was rather bug ridden. I enjoy it though because it's so HUGE. You can fight in North America, Europe, Africa, Middle East, India... can't do that in Napoleon. There's mods that fix ETW's bugs, the nicest one being Darthmod which also boosts unit sizes up to historically accurate levels making for -seriously- massive and impressive battles between tens of thousands.

Napoleon is the most recent and is a fair bit more polished than Empire. It's very enjoyable and the battles are as fun as ever.

Hmm. Hadn't heard of that one, just the previous Empire. I might have to give it a go then if you say it's good. Folks I know weren't happy with that one so I passed on it.

Ah, Empire yes!...It has a shedload of Maps, which is good!...and there is an extremely good American Civil War mod for it too!...makes it worth having on it's own

Personally, I'm waiting for the Zulu mod for Napoleon...looks good too :)