Sign in to follow this  
exhausted

Problem with Mirage Factory F-5E cockpit

Before I could do this:

I noticed this:

I just got the plane and I checked for missing textures and I have 26 of them. Also, I downloaded the version for SFP1 and it has the same amount of textures. Does anyone have a solution?

I did the adaptation to SF2 of the MF F-5E, couldn´t solve that. Indeed, another member reported that issue, wich i experienced myself. When i did the editing to make it work in second generation sims, it was just to close the gap, i thought someone else could make it work, as it would take somebody with knowledge about cockpits (probably the hardest ability within modding this sim) to solve that, a matter about the wich i have no idea. Other trouble repoted (but wich i didn´t experience) was the rear fuselage being blank, if any trouble with that, please tell me

I did the adaptation to SF2 of the MF F-5E, couldn´t solve that. Indeed, another member reported that issue, wich i experienced myself. When i did the editing to make it work in second generation sims, it was just to close the gap, i thought someone else could make it work, as it would take somebody with knowledge about cockpits (probably the hardest ability within modding this sim) to solve that, a matter about the wich i have no idea. Other trouble repoted (but wich i didn´t experience) was the rear fuselage being blank, if any trouble with that, please tell me

The rear fuselage is good my friend. Thanks for adapting this for this generation. I hope someone can solve this since it is an immersion killer. The cockpit is otherwise really nice!

In order to fix this the right way (which in this case, is the hard way), one needs to change the texture callouts in the cockpit .LOD file, to match the SF2 names for the same textures. That requires a hex editor, a familiarity with editing a .LOD, and a side-by-side comparison of the textures (which in the case of SF2, might be scattered throughout 2 or 3 different .CAT files)

The easy fix, is to use the hex-editor to obtain the texture names, and then extract them from Objectdata.cat in SFP1, and place them in the F-5's cockpit folder (in SF2).

Edited by Fubar512

Or, download the Northrop 2 seaters, find the F-5F, compare cockpit folders, copy the files you need.

FC

Isn't there a listing of the needed bmps and/or tgas in the SF2 Knowledge Base, under "Cockpit Fixes for SF2" or word to that effect ... possibly on Page 2 of the SF2 KB....

wrench

kevin stein

Thanks Fast Cargo! It works now.

I would like to thank EVERYONE who converted the planes and developed the pits.

Good idea FC. A real good damn idea.

As far as I remember correctly, the F-5E from Spectre8750's War For Israel is pretty good in regards of the cockpit.

While curious about that two seater, I checked the files and I may have noticed a few things.

It seems that there may be missing files in the F-5F's Cockpit folder as the "F-4D_MIRROR.BMP", "F-4E_PANEL.BMP" are mentioned in the PitF5E.LOD but not present as a file.

Same for the "A-4E_ATTITUDE.BMP", which looks very similar to the "F-4E_ATTITUDE.BMP" though, so there may be a choice to be made in the LOD file.

Also, the file "F-4E_radarPPI.bmp" is mentioned in the "F-5F_AVIONICS.INI" but is not in the pit folder.

By the way, in the "F-5FFRONT_COCKPIT.INI", the Instrument[017]=ARM04 have an "ItemNumber" value of 9, while the Instrument just above it have an "ItemNumber" value of 6.

So, shouldn't its "ItemnNumber" value be 7 instead of 9?

I'm joining Exhausted here to thank all the people that devoted their time to develop and convert such full of fun planes. good.gif

Best regards

Edited by FrankD

Thanks Fast Cargo! It works now.

I would like to thank EVERYONE who converted the planes and developed the pits.

Going by that screenshot, I must say that particular RWR is using the wrong avionics code for its display. Open the avionics.ini file for that bird, scroll down to the RWR section, and edit it so it appears like this:

[RWR]

Type=VECTOR

AirSearchTexture=RWRAirVector1.tga

AirTrackTexture=RWRAirVector2.tga

AirLockTexture=RWRAirVector3.tga

GroundSearchTexture=RWRGroundVector1.tga

GroundTrackTexture=RWRGroundVector2.tga

GroundLockTexture=RWRGroundVector3.tga

SearchFlash=FALSE

TrackFlash=TRUE

TrackFlashRate=0.2

LockFlash=TRUE