cant remember if i asked before but has anyone tried converting mppd's F-4D Loran to SF2? i tried to convert ala KB instructions and the readmes instruction to rename the

F-4D LOD's(in this case _67) as F4Loran LOD's but all i get is the frozen weapons in formation effect. i dont think it was that stealthy. just wondering if someone with better skill than me has tried this bird yet as it would be rather cool to pop it into 52d TFW or 457th TFS colors, esp a nice Hill 2 in texas.

cant remember if i asked before but has anyone tried converting mppd's F-4D Loran to SF2? i tried to convert ala KB instructions and the readmes instruction to rename the

F-4D LOD's(in this case _67) as F4Loran LOD's but all i get is the frozen weapons in formation effect. i dont think it was that stealthy. just wondering if someone with better skill than me has tried this bird yet as it would be rather cool to pop it into 52d TFW or 457th TFS colors, esp a nice Hill 2 in texas.

Hi you could try this. In whatever of TK's stock F-4D folders you wish to add to. Firstly in that folder copy one of TK's skin folders, paste it in again and it should come up with a new folder called Copy of USAFCamo or something like that. Rename it. to something different from TK's. Then copy into that folder the .bmp files only from the Loran F-4D. You will also have rename those .bmp files to match TK's names. You will have to also add the number .ini file and the decal .ini and add the decals into the stock decal folder. Plus the name in Texture set file will have to match yours. Then you will most likely have to create a folder in the decal folder Called F-4D and just drop the D folder in there, the folder containing the decals. Then you may or will have to go back too the Decal.ini folder within the skin folder and make sure the address for each decal is correct. Say you new Loran F-4D folder is just Loran, then your decal address should read=F-4D/Loran/d/ decal name. Or you cold just use TK's stock Decal file.

James Fox.

i appreciate it but i tried that already. the big thing is to get the ARN-92 towel bar on there. hell if we could get it turned into a weapon that shows i could place it and be good to hook. makin Gen2 weapons outta Gen1 items is a very poor point of performance for me though. thank you for your advice still though

<cought> Fake Pilot <cough>

use the F-4D_67, add the rack via aforementioned method. You'll have to extract the skins from the ObjectData006 (don't forget the drop tanks!) Do the decals ini dance, etc.

Shouldn't be too hard ... I'll give it alook when I have a chance ... in "2 weeks" :rofl:

wrench

kevin stein

hell i'll give it a try i just suck turning the lod, skin and data.ini from gen1 to gen2. but i do have a rough understanding of fake pilot. hmmm something to do at drill this weekend......

btw wrench please check yer pm

We've come a long ways since then...I have all of the Vietnam era F-4s coming, although I use them in the 1st gen sims, they should work converted for SF2. Made a lot of 3D tweaks to Crab_02's original files, more details that few would care about except rivet counters, and fixed some errors that I had made. Still using my old 1024 pixel skins though. 1967 Ubon F-4Ds first, then updated and corrected F-4Cs.

is that MAX render, Mike?? Looks AWESOME!

If they're seperate aircraft (ie: newish), they should drop it with minimal muss and fuss!

wrench

kevin stein

that is freakin awesome mppd! unfrotuneatly probably a bit too high end for my system (compaq presario C700 laptop, still on vista) but looks freakin sweet. am workin on makin the towelbar a fake pilot item. will post with a Spangdahlem skin if i get it to work and directions to mppds skins for nam era birds. not even two weeks for me though, more like don't hold yer breath:dntknw:

ok, about 10 minutes work ... took Mike's F-4D Loran V.3, did a little tweeking the decals ini, converted the towel rack to a pilot seat, used the stock F-4D_67, and it's skins, Mike's decals, etc (btw, I DID create it as a new plane, F-4D_LORAN, just to be safe as I'm a great believer in CYA!!)

Love the decals! The pilot tags on the canopy, aircraft number INSIDE the gear door!! WOOT!! .. too cool!!

No issues that I can see! Left the loadouts stock

The only thing I'd really do, is resking it, and add the slimers tothe skin template, and remove those as decals. But it works PERFECT just like this!

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Kevin, it is indeed just a screenshot in Max with the old 1024 textures. The centerline pylon is now correct (longer) - but who looks underneath it anyways...anyone is welcome to the LORAN towelrack as a separate part along with the texture if you'd like it. Always freeware to anyone. I'll probably try to steal some of the great textures from Sundowner and TK for some parts though. I have not had a problem with framerates with added detail parts - it is the hi-resolution textures which really drag framerates down for me...loading times may be longer though.

got it all converted; but with one problem ... the pilot name tags aren't changing. They're set as Level=2, but it always seems to have the same one. Other than that, the SF2 conversion is just about done. I've some ideas...and will test them out over the weekend. Before uploading, I want to make sure everything works!!

wrench

kevin stein

O.K. - let me know if you need anything from me. I'm really trying to wrap up all these 3D F-4s - too long for them to be a WIP while I was occupied with other projects, and it really is a first love. I still have almost no experience with SF2.

Found a ready-made LORAN-equiped F-4D in here SF2V Air & Ground War Expansion Pack v2.0 Gold - Part 3, check below...

• Like 1

true, but not everyone wants to download multi-hundred meg things for a singe aircraft. (me being one of them!! :rofl: )

wrench

kevin stein

A very interesting thread this!

I followed Wrench's fake pilot recipe but using the 'towel rail' and the two other bits from the F-4D_OWL and it works. I love learning these little building blocks of skill!

ok people, the conversion, using mppd's basic D Loran is finished.

you all want me to upload it??

wrench

kevin stein

A better solution is to make the tapelights a new 3D part on the base airplane - that way they will illuminate, plus the backing strips mesh name can be called out in the decals.ini so that the tailcodes and decals appear on them, but still under the yellow/green strip. That's how the 1972 SEA F-4D release will be (two weeks...). Looks great though.

Glowing slimers!!??? How cool can that be! And the way it should be

great news Mike!!

when I release the pak, it'll just be the original LORAN kit you did, using the stock D_67

wrench

kevin stein