Sign in to follow this  
Morris

P4 update Please.......

I have very high hopes, seeing the screen shots which show such meticulous attention to detail.

I did have a question, though - hope this is an appropriate place to ask:

Perhaps the only thing I could ask is improved upon in P4 is clouds. Now, don't get me wrong - they are magnificently done (and have been)...to me, they look far better than in "the other sim" - especially in threatening weather. Very dramatic and forboding.

The problem(s) I've had are when you're actually going into the clouds, particularly right at the edges...they seem to appear rather like a translucent sheet, a wall if you will (opposed to a 'bank' of vapor which slowly engulfs you in a very 'analog' fashion). They also seem to 'flash' in and out, depending on your view and position relative to the clouds.

I also have noticed the (return of) the edges of the screen not being affected by clouds at all - the rest of my wings, etc will slowly go white as I enter a cloud. But the two sides have lines, maybe an inch wide, that appear to be completely unaffected by the 'white out' effect of flying in a cloud.

This applies, I think, when running wide screen res and zooming out. I seem to recall it maybe being a 'CFS3 thing' - but the darndest thing is, it went away at some point - never figured out why. But the last time I had to do a complete re-load of my computer (due to upgrade), it was happening again. Of course, I thought of drivers first, but I recall changing drivers a couple of times when the clouds *didn't* do this, and it didn't affect this at all. Is it drivers, maybe?

That, and maybe a visible prop arc in the Dr1 (but if I recall this is a CFS3 thing and can't really be changed)

Don't mean to turn this into a "What I want is..." thread, just thought I'd ask whilst we're on the subject of P4. If it's not the right time to answer, I'd certainly respect that.

Regards, one and all.

That's a nicely detailed cockpit. I hope all the cockpits will be improved like that in P4. Looking forward to the update. :drinks:

Amazing. That other sim that cannot be named doesn't hold a candle to your work!!

I agree, but has anyone seen the interior shots of the HP 0/400 of the sim that should not be named?

JMOHO I would say they are pretty comparable.

Starting to go off topic there Tamper someone asked for screenshots. If you zoom your view out you may see bands at the side if in cloud, zoom in a notch and see, or set to default view. Best to always post questions about issues in other threads. Anyway maybe instead try setting your view in workshop - Olham did a whole thread on setting that.

Getting back on topic; of course it's been few weeks since the last update but we were planning to do an update shortly. Just hang in there guys we are a small team and very busy trying to get through the huge list of things to do for P4 as well as other things like updating the website, support etc.

P4, a Rod for your own Backs, eh.

When you give the best... we want the rest :grin:

I also have noticed the (return of) the edges of the screen not being affected by clouds at all - the rest of my wings, etc will slowly go white as I enter a cloud. But the two sides have lines, maybe an inch wide, that appear to be completely unaffected by the 'white out' effect of flying in a cloud.

Yep, if you have 'in cloud fog' turned on in the workshops, and have the field of view zoomed out, the pasted-on graphic of 'fog' doesn't fit the screen properly and looks rather bad. I just turned off the 'in cloud fog' ... your view still goes all foggy in a cloud and in fact I find it an even better simulation of flying through a cloud than having that 'cloud fog' effect turned on.