Sign in to follow this  
LouG

USMC Korean Air War Night Fighters

Downloading now. Thanks Lou

-Jeff

Oh, definately usable ... this'll help us on the Korea Mod!!

Many Thanks!

wrench

kevin stein

I was intrigued by Korean War night fighters after you mentioned you had written a paper on them, and I downloaded a book on the F3-D Skynight.

( I sometimes work with 3D CAD for my job and I'm thinking of maybe using my 'skills' to build a cockpit for a Thirdwire aircraft. Or trying to..... Something unusual because all the 60's and 70's planes seem to have excellent cockpits already )

What made me laugh though when I got to the cockpit layout of the F3-D is that amongst all the flight instruments and controls for weapons and radar it also had a built in cigarette lighter and ashtray :grin: Truly a different age :grin:

Oh, definately usable ... this'll help us on the Korea Mod!!

Many Thanks!

wrench

kevin stein

Thanks Wrench, I was hoping it would help.

Nice 5N. I can not wait for the new Korea Mod..

Since the paper was a help to the guys doing modding. Maybe these files will help. They are declassified performance data for the F3D, F7F-3N, and the F4U-4. I have a hard copy of the F4U-5N. Will have to scan it or write the data down.

f3d-2.pdf

f4u-4.pdf

f7f-3n.pdf

Since the paper was a help to the guys doing modding. Maybe these files will help. They are declassified performance data for the F3D, F7F-3N, and the F4U-4. I have a hard copy of the F4U-5N. Will have to scan it or write the data down.

Many thanks for these...