Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

DDOS attack in progress on server

I finally got some feedback on the absolutely lame uptime we've had the past week on the site. Seems there is a Denial of Sevice attack happening on the server we are hosted on, so that's why we are up and down so much the past week. PowWeb is currently working the issue and hope to have it resolved soon. I'll keep everyone posted as things develop.

So that's why I keep getting time out problems.

Feels a heck of a lot better today.

MAN... *sigh*.... posting news yesterday was super-frustrating. The admin page would time out on me every 10 min. or so for about 5-10min. at a time.

Feels a heck of a lot better today.

MAN... *sigh*.... posting news yesterday was super-frustrating.  The admin page would time out on me every 10 min. or so for about 5-10min. at a time.

Yeah, Powweb really dropped the ball this past week, but they are usually pretty excellent in their support, so I'll cut them some slack this time. The good news is part of he problem was also caused by the fact that they are getting improved load-balancing in place, so the net result is we should see some more performance increases pretty quick.

That might have helped 5 years ago when this was first posted. :yes:

Hahaha! I didn't even notice that until you said it there Fates! Talk about thread from the dead!

So whatta think about ol' HarryMeade...either he was REALLY bored, or it's a spam bot. Based on the grammer, time he 'joined' and time he posted, I'd say ban, ban, ban, ban, baked beans and ban...

FC

Human spam bot more likely...

Otherwise it would have popped up too in more recent threads (DDoS was mentionned in the recent case).

Ahh 2004 ...good times.

Certainly was. Wouldn't mind having a do-over of a couple of the years that followed... :yes: