Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

OT: Next Generation of Unreal 3 game engine

Nice indeed :) hope it will still be on the PC :).

Well, go back a decade to Halo in 2001. Look how far game engines have come! It's amazing to think what this stuff will look like in 2021.

I'm actually really looking forward to advances in computer processing power. Bigger scale, better A.I. Take any of the top Unreal 3 shooters right now... Gears of War! Gears of War is hella fun, hella intense... but the scale is limited isn't it? Three squadmates tops, always the same small group of respawning enemies, etc.

What I'm really looking forward to is expanding that, opening up the action to a truly epic scale, with independent AI actors fighting it out all around you. That's going to be a real thing of beauty.

Goodness only knows what our Kids will be playing when they get to our age

I don't quite understand you Hellshade.

Is it modders who would download this?... I can't see the point,as there are no unreal 3 games available yet?

(confused)

I'd love to see OFF Phase 5 on this engine :drinks:

Hmm, when I clicked play on that video it made my PC crash with a blue screen of death!

Maybe that's the developers telling me I'll need to upgrade my PC! It can't even play the videos of the Unreal 3 engine without having a seizure! :rofl:

I don't quite understand you Hellshade.

Is it modders who would download this?... I can't see the point,as there are no unreal 3 games available yet?

(confused)

It's an update to the Unreal 3 engine developers kit. I presume that means anyone making games based off of the Unreal 3 engine suddenly got a much nicer set of tools and wider range of capabilities to play with and make their games nicer.

The following is a list of games that have been developed using the Unreal 3 engine since 2007.

200950 Cent: Blood on the SandSwordfish StudiosVivendi Games2009A4 (sequel to A3)AniParkTBAAliens: Colonial MarinesGearbox SoftwareSega2010Alpha ProtocolObsidian EntertainmentSega2009America's Army 3.0US ArmyUS Army2008American McGee's GrimmSpicy HorseTurner Broadcasting System2008Army of TwoEA MontrealElectronic Arts2010Army of Two: The 40th DayEA MontrealElectronic Arts2007Alliance of Valiant ArmsRED DUCKNeowiz Games, NHN2009Batman: Arkham AsylumRocksteady StudiosEidos Interactive2011Batman: Arkham CityRocksteady StudiosEidos Interactive2007BioShock[24]2K Boston/2K Australia2K Games2010BioShock 2[25]2K Marin2K Games2012BioShock InfiniteIrrational Games2K Games2007Black College Football: BCFX: The XperienceNerjyzed Entertainment2010Blacklight: Tango DownZombie StudiosTBABlack Powder Red EarthEchelon SoftwareTBABlade & SoulNC Soft2008Brothers in Arms: Hell's HighwayGearbox SoftwareUbisoftTBABrothers in Arms: War HeroesGearbox SoftwareUbisoft2007BlackSite: Area 51Midway AustinMidway Games2008BlitzCJIG2009BorderlandsGearbox Software2K Games2011BulletstormPeople Can FlyElectronic Arts2009CellFactor: Psychokinetic WarsTimeline InteractiveUbisoft2009CrimecraftVogster Entertainment[26]THQ2008DamnationBlue Omega Entertainment, Point of ViewCodemasters2010Dark VoidAirtight GamesCapcom2011DC Universe OnlineSony Online AustinSony Online Entertainment2008Destroy All Humans! Path of the Furon[27]Sandblast GamesTHQ2010Dungeon Defenders:First Wave[28]Trendy EntertainmentTrendy Entertainment2011Dungeon Defenders[29]Trendy EntertainmentTrendy EntertainmentTBADUST 514[30]CCPTBATBAEarth No MoreRecoil Games / Radar Group3D RealmsTBAEnder's Game: Battle RoomChair EntertainmentChair Entertainment2010Enslaved: Odyssey to the WestNinja TheoryNamco Bandai GamesTBAEndFaramix Enterprises2009Fairytale FightsPlaylogic Game FactoryPlaylogic2007Fatal InertiaKoei[31]Koei2008Frontlines: Fuel of WarKaos StudiosTHQ2007FuryAuran[32]Gamecock Media Group2006Gears of WarEpic GamesMicrosoft Game Studios2008Gears of War 2Epic GamesMicrosoft Game Studios2011Gears of War 3Epic GamesMicrosoft Game Studios2010Global AgendaHi-Rez Studios[33]Hi-Rez Studios2008Hail to the ChimpWideload Games [34]Gamecock Media GroupCancelledHighlander: The GameWidescreen GamesEidos InteractiveCancelledHei$tinXile EntertainmentCodemastersTBAHessian Boots[35]IF Studio2007Hour of VictoryN-Fusion InteractiveMidway Games2011Hunted: The Demon's ForgeInXile EntertainmentBethesda SoftworksTBAHuxleyWebzen Games[36]Webzen Games, NHN2010Infinity Blade[37]Epic Games / chAIREpic Games2010Killed in Action (K.I.A.)[38]Virus StudiosVirus Studios2008LegendarySpark UnlimitedGamecock Media Group2009Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office BustTeam 17Codemasters2007Lost OdysseyMistwalker, feelplus[39]Microsoft Game Studios2010Lucha Libre AAA: Heroes del RingSlang/SabarasaKonami/Slang2007Mass EffectBioWare[40]Microsoft Game Studios, Electronic Arts2010Mass Effect 2BioWareElectronic Arts2011Mass Effect 3[41]BioWare2009MagnaCarta IISoftmax2011MechWarriorSmith & Tinker, Piranha Games Inc.TBA2010Medal of Honor (single-player)EA Los Angeles, Danger CloseElectronic Arts2007Medal of Honor: AirborneEA Los Angeles[42]Electronic Arts2008Mirror's EdgeEA Digital Illusions CEElectronic Arts2010Monday Night CombatUber EntertainmentMicrosoft Game Studios (Xbox 360), Uber Entertainment (PC)2007Monster Madness: Battle for SuburbiaArtificial Studios[43]SouthPeak Interactive2008Mortal Kombat vs. DC UniverseMidway Amusement GamesMidway Games2011Mortal KombatNetherRealm StudiosWarner Bros. Interactive Entertainment2010Mortal OnlineStar Vault2010Off-Road Drive1C Company1C CompanyTBAMU 2WebzenTBAParabellumAconyGamersFirst2008Rise of the ArgonautsLiquid EntertainmentCodemasters2010Rush'n Attack: Ex-PatriotKonamiKonami2008Robert Ludlum's The Bourne ConspiracyHigh Moon StudiosSierra Entertainment2006RoboBlitzNaked Sky Entertainment[44]Naked Sky Entertainment2009Saw: The Video gameZombie StudiosKonami2010Saw II: Flesh & BloodZombie StudiosKonami2009Section 8Timegate StudiosGamecock Media GroupTBASephiroth 2Imazic Entertainment2009Shadow Complex[45]Chair EntertainmentMicrosoft Game Studios2011Silent Hill: DownpourVatra GamesKonami2010SingularityRaven SoftwareActivisionTBASin CityTransmission Games / RedMile2010Stargate ResistanceCheyenne Mountain EntertainmentFireSkyCancelledStargate WorldsCheyenne Mountain Entertainment[46]FireSky2009Star Trek DACNaked Sky Entertainment2009Sky GodsBlackFoot StudiosBlackFoot StudiosTBASoul Scream[47]IF Studio2007StrangleholdMidway Chicago Tiger Hill Entertainment[48]Midway Games2008Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-CarsPsyonixPsyonix2011TERABluehole StudioNHN, En Masse Entertainment2011The AgencySony Online Entertainment SeattleSony Online Entertainment2008The Last RemnantSquare EnixSquare Enix2009The Punisher: No MercyZen Studios2010The Scourge Project: Episode 1 and 2Tragnarion StudiosBit Box S.L.2008TNA iMPACT!Midway Studios - Los AngelesMidway Games2008To End All WarsKuju Entertainment [49]2008Tom Clancy's EndWarUbisoft ShanghaiUbisoft2011Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of StalingradTripwire InteractiveTripwire Interactive/1C Company2006Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: VegasUbisoft MontrealUbisoft2008Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2Ubisoft MontrealUbisoft2010Transformers: War For CybertronHigh Moon StudiosActivision2010Tron: EvolutionPropaganda GamesDisney2008Turning Point: Fall of LibertySpark UnlimitedCodemasters2008TurokPropaganda GamesTouchstone Pictures2007UndertowChair EntertainmentChair Entertainment2007Unreal Tournament 3Epic GamesMidway Games2009The WheelmanMidway Games NewcastleMidway Games2007Warmonger: Operation Downtown DestructionNetDevilNetDevil2009X-Men Origins: WolverineRaven SoftwareActivision2011TNA iMPACT! 2011SouthPeak GamesSouthPeak Games2010Zumba FitnessPipeworks SoftwareMajesco Entertainment2010APBRealtime WorldsElectronic Arts

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

Ohh it's an update to the Devkit is it? I've messed around with Unreal 3's devkit, it's fun stuff. Wish I had more time to devote to it but all my design time is focused on XNA at the moment. I'll get back to Unreal 3 in the future.

I'm just a dumbass when it comes to stuff like this! :yikes:

Widowmaker, old chap - you are not alone!

:drinks:

Widowmaker, old chap - you are not alone!

:drinks:

Thank god for that Olham my friend! :grin:

It's like with cars - you want to drive the f*****g thing, not repair the f******g programmable wiper delay control switch,

which is combined with the remote door opener, which is unfortunately installed quite tricky behind the sunroof control! :rofl:

It's like with cars - you want to drive the f*****g thing, not repair the f******g programmable wiper delay control switch,

which is combined with the remote door opener, which is unfortunately installed quite tricky behind the sunroof control! :rofl:

O h yes I remember that... it is right next to the thingamajig