Sign in to follow this  
ONETINSOLDIER

off to iraq

Well, with less than a years training, my nephew is being shipped out to iraq. Im not sure HOW I feel about this. But one song keeps playing in my head,,,,,,,,

And its 1,,2,,3,,,WHAT ARE WE FIGHTING FOR???????

Please dont turn this into a political arguement , because its not, its now personal.

Good luck, Jacob,,,

Good luck at him and at all his unit...

If he's going to Iraq there's a good chance he won't be fighting anything. It's not 5 years ago.

If he was going to Afghanistan, that would be something entirely different.

Remember when we used to laugh at the Soviet Union for being stuck there for over 8 years? Sigh...

Edited by JediMaster

"Remember when we used to laugh at the Soviet Union for being stuck there for over 8 years? Sigh... "

I know, a lot of people fail to remember that.

And thank you guys for the well wishes

Best of luck !!!

Derk

good luck to your nephew. it has quieted down there quite a bit since i was there in 05. i could expect a mortar attack 2-3 times a day while i was there. yet when i was talkin to iraq folks waitin on my R+R flight from Afghanistan in 09, they thought i was in some serious $h!t for recieving a rocket attack once a week. he keeps his eyes and ears open, and doesnt get complacent (however bored he gets) and he should be just fine.

Best of luck.

I was there for six months last year and it's possibly the safest I've been in the decade or so I've been serving. Mind you I wasn't flying for once so that may have helped!

Best of luck to him, and thank him for his service!

"And Nation, if you can tell the difference between 5,000 non-combat troops and 5,000 combat troops in Iraq, you're The President." - Stephen Colbert :cool:

I hope he will come back safe and sound with all his unit members..

one can only hope the entire coalition forces over there as well :good: