Sign in to follow this  

Tornado F3 For SF2

Tornado F3 For SF2:

Installation:

Simply extract the contents of the Tornado F3 folder into your Mods\StrikeFighters2 folder.

Tornado Team

Main 3d modelling and programming: bobrock

FM and avionics advisors: Crusader, starfighter2

Sounds: Spillone104

Pilots: Aleks, Canadair, Erikgen, NGHENGO, Silverbolt, Spillone104, triplethr3at

Loading screen photo: David Cenciotti

TornadoIDS_Destroyed LOD from NF4+

G-55EUR Pilot Skin by X-RAY

Weapon Models: HiRes AIM-9L skin by ChrisBV

SkyFlash by Mirage Factory

SkyFlash6000 Data by Syrinx

43 Squadron 90th Anniversary Skin by Syrinx

43 Squadron Special Colors Skin by Syrinx

Afterburner TGA by dfang

SF2 Updates and Loading Screens by NeverEnough

This is a complete SF2 installation package for the beautiful Tornado F3 by Bobrock and the many talented modders listed above. The Effect Emitters have been updated to January 2011 patch level. The Wingtip Vortices have been changed so they move properly with the swingwing position. The new TorAfterBurnerEmitter utilizes the January 2011 Particle System combined with one of dfang's afterburner tga's to give the model an afterburner plume similar to photos I've found of the Tornado F3 in warp drive. Also included are two additional loading screens of the 43 Squadron Special Colors Tornado F3.

To use the additional 43 Squadron Loading Screens, change the line in the Tornado_F3.INI as shown below:

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=Tornado F3

AircraftShortName=Tornado

AircraftDataFile=Tornado_F3_data.ini

CockpitDataFile=Tornado_F3_cockpit.ini

HangarScreen=F3_HANGARSCREEN.bmp

LoadingScreen=F3_Loading.bmp<<<<Change this to TorF3_Loading.bmp or TornF3_Loading.bmp

For those of you who have not installed Bobrock's Tornado F3 in the Second Generation Thirdwire sims because there was no SF2 conversion, you owe it to yourselves to take this opportunity to correct that omission. Bobrock's Tornado F3 is really absolutely stunning!

A true beauty.

But not shadows showings (same double sided textures issue?).

If You need I'm here for testings (NVIDIA 275 Ultra + XP).

Paul :clapping:

The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

Keep getting that (winrar).

Paulopanz, I think the no shadows problem is the same model issue ErikGen fixed in his G91Y Gina re-release. That would require changes in the 3d model, which would probably have to be made on the original 3d source files. I don't have the models or the software to make those changes.....

Draakje, I just downloaded the file and unzipped it with 7-Zip. It worked like a charm! Try downloading 7-Zip and using that rather than WinRar to open the file. I think 7-Zip is the utility of choice for the downloads at CombatAce.

The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

Keep getting that (winrar).

Check that the file size you get is the same as stated when you download the file. Sometimes I have to download the same file several times to get the amount of data needed. If you get less, you get that error message.

Paulopanz, I think the no shadows problem is the same model issue ErikGen fixed in his G91Y Gina re-release. That would require changes in the 3d model, which would probably have to be made on the original 3d source files. I don't have the models or the software to make those changes.....

Draakje, I just downloaded the file and unzipped it with 7-Zip. It worked like a charm! Try downloading 7-Zip and using that rather than WinRar to open the file. I think 7-Zip is the utility of choice for the downloads at CombatAce.

Yes, I think so.

Enrico is fixing the Fiddler now ...

F-3's original 3d maker (Bobrock?) should fix this beauty,too.

I hope so.

Paul :drinks:

Yes, I think so.

Enrico is fixing the Fiddler now ...

F-3's original 3d maker (Bobrock?) should fix this beauty,too.

I hope so.

Paul :drinks:

I hope so too!

BTW, thanks for converting the F.3,

Edit:

argh, it wasn´t fixed yet.

SRY

Edited by Soulfreak

I hope so too!

BTW, thanks for converting the F.3,

but maybe you have should includet the fix for the white lines.

http://combatace.com/topic/63111-tornado-f3-problem/

It's seems to me a quite (difficult) long procedure: so why You don't upload the fix here for all the people around?

Thx in advance.

Paul :good:

Great mod. Love the F3 but is anyone having a problem where the gun isn't working? Am I being an idiot (very possible!) or do I need to add something somewhere?

PorscheFan - It's missing the 27mm BK gun folder - Here it is for you

http://www.ianhenshall.com/sf2/27MM_BK27.7z

In goes in Objects/Guns folder in your Mod folder (usually C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 or whatever yours is called).

Thank you for the quick reply ianh755 - now I can keep shooting down MiGs when the missiles run out!

The 'IN RNG' symbology on the HUD appears to be constantly on. It would be useful to get a better idea of actual range for BVR engagements, particularly with the default Skyflash. Only one F Mk. 3  airframe (the Typhoon Integrated Avionics Research Aircraft) was ever fitted with kit for launching AIM-120, despite the AI Mk. 24 radar being easily capable of multiple track-while-scan performance exceeding anything except the AWG-9 and later systems on the F-14. It would be very tactically useful to get a better handle on maximum engagement ranges for SARH missiles with this radar system.

Only one F Mk. 3  airframe (the Typhoon Integrated Avionics Research Aircraft) was ever fitted with kit for launching AIM-120

Not quite, they were operational fleet wide on the F.3 for years

Craig